Job opening at Warren Co.

chs4life

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The job is posted for a minimum of ten days. It will stay open until it is filled. I have been told that there are between ten and twenty applicants of whom several are still coaching in the playoffs and a few who were put out in the 1st round. As to the question of Gary Rankin. From the time Mr. Paz took over as superintendant up until now, Gary Rankin has been contacted every time there has been an opening and has said he is not interested. Money has never been a reason. Other name coaches have expressed an interest into coming here but refuse to move to Warren County. It has always been the policy to have head coaches live in the county. Shows a committment to the kids and program. I think we need to let the process take it's course and get a good fit for our program. Everyone on this board is concerned and has nothing but the best intentions for Warren County football, but we need to put a little faith in the AD, Todd Willmore. He has many contacts throughout the state and will no doubt get quality coaches to apply.

Money will always be an issue! With what the head coach and assistant coaches make as supplements is pathetic. That is why good coaches "look" but have no interest in WC.

I am curious now. please tell us who the "good " coaches are that have looked here and not come because of money. Who they are would be a fact that everyone should be made aware of if we are going to try to fix our problems. Carlton Flatt is the only one I can remember who WC could not come close to on pay. He was making over 100k when Mr. Paz talked with him several years ago.

We all know that Rankin is out, but who should we hire? Should we hire from within, hire a hometown boy that has been away, or bring someone from the outside? Also will this new hire get to bring in an entire new staff? I do know a person that would be interested in coming home if he could bring in a new staff. What is everyone thoughts?

I don't see the new guy (whomever it ends up being) getting the chance to bring in a new staff. I too know of a former alum i would like to see back here at the helm of the high school program, but after talking to him, i see he's goign to ask for to much lol... i guess this off season will show just how bad this administration wants a winning program. don't look for many teaching positions for this new staff. i'm pretty sure the new basketball staffs filled everything we had available.

Not sure who current staff is but I would think that any non tenured staff members will go and all openings where a retirement takes place would be available for assistant coaches. I have heard that all current staff will have to reapply for their coaching jobs when the new coach is hired. None have coaching job security.