East Robertson @ FCS

Possumtowner

Go Indians what a great way to start the post season. I am very excited that we have several county schools left in the post season. Keep your head in the game it is more important now than ever.

Seen several JB fans last night, even a few cheering on ER...appreciate the support.

Big win for ER but have to maintain focus and discipline for a huge game @ FCS. Tough place to play against a very good FCS team. Should be a good game and hope the ER fans will travel to support our team.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Indians!! Aftert the JBS game I knew you had the talent to be good. I was not sure about character, but you all haver really grown as a team. Congratulations to one of the best people in coaching, that being Coach Chatman. Everything I hear he is a real class act and has shown the ability to lead a team from adversity. Loosing in 05 to JBS and coming back to beat Goodpasture the next week and win the region. The problems in this year's JBS game and being able to turn things around. I think some people, even myself, have underestimaded Coach Chatman as a coach===Jeff Chatman mid-state coach of the year in 2A is not outlandish

I'm gonna say FCS by about 21.

LOL. No way either team wins this one by more than 2 TDs. I'm gonna go ahead and call the upset--East by 6.

The Indians just put a solid whoopin' on Watertown tonight, and really opened up the passing game in their 49-0 win. Not only did Woodard, the primary receiver, make many plays, but the other guys produced solid numbers as well.

Let's compare a recent common opponent: Watertown

East Robertson: 49

Watertown: 0

Friendship Christian: 48

Watertown: 16

------------------------------------

Now, I don't know how Watertown came by those 16 points, but either way, they scored 16 on FC. East Robertson, however, did not allow Watertown to get on the board at all in this very important playoff game--even stopping them down on the goal line.

Now, East may not beat Friendship, but it's not going to be a blow-out. Like the OP said: Dis gonna be a good'in.

I have always liked to compare scores too....and I agree Watertown prob. scored the points on FC in the air or at least moved it on them to set up the score in the air with the Arm of the QB. WHH played H2O early in the season and I did see them play....that being said, Woodard and Co. I believe has a better throwing game and has the ability to create the "big play" with his arm than H2O so Friendship just might be surprised when ER moves it up and down the field with ease. I am going to pick ER in a upset Victory over FC. :twisted: Good Luck and stay healthy. Congrats on the Victory over Watertown.

Kudos to the Robertson Co. Schools that won in the first round too.

I can't comment on how we played last night, had to work. However I can assume that we did alright with a 46-0 win. From what I have heard we really spread the ball around and had some good playcalling, which has been very suspect at times. Dont know much about FC this year, but it is always tough to go on the road and win in the playoffs. Hopefully we will pull out a win and move onto the quarterfinals.

I like the Commanders in this one.

IMO, FC needs to have Reeves and Markham both in the backfield instead of splitting Markham out wide. Put them both in the backfield and run some misdirection, and I doubt ER has anyone that can catch Markham.

Are you serious? Catch Markham? I think FCS will win but East has speed.

I like the Commanders in this one.

IMO, FC needs to have Reeves and Markham both in the backfield instead of splitting Markham out wide. Put them both in the backfield and run some misdirection, and I doubt ER has anyone that can catch Markham.

Are you serious? Catch Markham? I think FCS will win but East has speed.

Evidently, you haven't seen Markham run. This is the fifth year that he's been a contributor on that team. It's the third year that he's been a starter. If he gets in the open field, no one from ER will be able to catch him. He is blazing fast.

Re: East Robertson @ FCS

by tnballer64 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:45 pm

East Robertson has some decent athletes but are very undisciplined and that can come into play if challenged very much. This team lacks the leadership they need from the top to go very far. Their success is coming from a new assistant coach. It could go either way.

"East Robertson has some decent athletes but are very undisciplined."

Heys guys the horse called and he said its time to let it go! Players were disciplined and birthdays were taken away, Jo Byrns was 6 weeks ago...

"Their success is coming from a new assistant coach."

I hear this guy runs every practice allllll by himself,while the other coaches simply look on in amazement! On fridays he calls the offense, defense, and special teams. He'll even play some QB, RB, and a little WR when no ones looking, but only if the teams really in a jam...

You see were I'm goin... As good as that guy is he's not alone, not by a long shot! Thinking otherwise shows a gross lack of understanding on your part... Coach Chatman is a fine leader and a whole lotta people think so besides me!

And finally, " It could go either way."

Way to finish up strong! Bash the program, talk about how the kids are soooooooo undisciplined, and this is your prediction??? Does this cover your tail when ER wins? Hey man Sears called and they said its time for you to come home...

What time is it??? Real Time!!!

GetReal09

LOL. No way either team wins this one by more than 2 TDs. I'm gonna go ahead and call the upset--East by 6.

The Indians just put a solid whoopin' on Watertown tonight, and really opened up the passing game in their 49-0 win. Not only did Woodard, the primary receiver, make many plays, but the other guys produced solid numbers as well.

Let's compare a recent common opponent: Watertown

East Robertson: 49

Watertown: 0

Friendship Christian: 48

Watertown: 16

------------------------------------

Now, I don't know how Watertown came by those 16 points, but either way, they scored 16 on FC. East Robertson, however, did not allow Watertown to get on the board at all in this very important playoff game--even stopping them down on the goal line.

Now, East may not beat Friendship, but it's not going to be a blow-out. Like the OP said: Dis gonna be a good'in.

I have always liked to compare scores too....and I agree Watertown prob. scored the points on FC in the air or at least moved it on them to set up the score in the air with the Arm of the QB. WHH played H2O early in the season and I did see them play....that being said, Woodard and Co. I believe has a better throwing game and has the ability to create the "big play" with his arm than H2O so Friendship just might be surprised when ER moves it up and down the field with ease. I am going to pick ER in a upset Victory over FC. :lol: Good Luck and stay healthy. Congrats on the Victory over Watertown.

Kudos to the Robertson Co. Schools that won in the first round too.

If ya want to compare score of ER and FC against W'town, I'll give ya my 2cents worth. ER got a very beat up W'town team to play Fri nite. 3 starters out and one other didn't see much action. But I think more importantly they were beat up mentally. The game with TC took the fight out of most of this team. FC got pretty much our shot. Watertown scored twice thru the air against FC. Er exposed the weakest part of W'town's team, the secondary. ER has better recievers than W'town, but FC has a much better secondary than W'town. They're big, strong and fast. You won't move up and down the field with ease against them. They will also be much stronger against the run. Not saying ER wont be able to score, but it wont be the cakewalk it was last night.