Dobyns-Bennett Football

King-of-Sport

Very likely that one player that had opted out of football will return next year and should be able to contribute immediately. In a area where we need help in a big way. Keep your fingers crossed.

I hope our guys can recruit them all back out.I can remember a couple of years ago,everyone was saying we need a cut like the baseball and basketball teams have.We have several positions that could use some more competition and I hope to see some young warriors fighting for the right to shine on friday nights.I have allways thought nothing should be in stone during the spring,and that's the time for those that want to play,to let the coaches see.

• 3 weeks later...
I had heard this back a few months ago looks like its going to happen now

More Seats @ J Fred

http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=9020045

Option "4" must be the visitor seats

It's about time something was done to add seats on the visitors side. I couldn't believe it the first time I was in the stadium after the new turf was installed and saw what little seating was available over there. I hope that this will also center the seating on the visitor's side so that the seating is centered on the 50 instead of being mostly on one side of it. I know there are issues with the turf and such but I'm sure that can be accomodated somehow. There's a lot of interest in football in Kingsport and increased seating at J. Fred is way overdue.

Also noticed that the Kingsport school system director if finance apparently doesn't go to football games. The article claimed that the stadium held around 10,000 fans for the South at DB game last fall. Sorry Mr. Frye but the game was at South this year... It wasn't a direct quote but the author attributed the infomation to Mr. Frye - could be just a case of bad writing.

Anyway, good luck with this.

One thing i do know is that come week one DB will head back east from Clinton with another loss... The dragons will run through you guys next season.....

DB only loses a few very good players .The game this year was anyones late in the fourth quarter.I will agree with you as long as Stone and your all state back are playing next year.Since they were seniors,I guess I'll have to give an edge to the Tribe.DB has to find a QB as well and will have to improve in order to advance into the 6A playoffs,but I think they will be more than a match for most 5A teams.