Bearden at Farragut RD2

cowabungadude

First and foremost Farragut needs to thank Bearden on this one. Bearden insight the 5 two times and get nothing out of it why would you not give it to #33 down there which was the one who got you there. Farragut did nothing at all the second half. Purity looks like he hurt his shoulder had three fumbles the second half got two back and Bearden got one. The only big play of the second half for Farragut was the 4 and 3 that they made late in the game. Maryville will be tuff at there place with or without the refs if thats what you want to say. Bearden wanted more than Farragut did in the second half Farragut got lucky on this one.

Bearden also got lucky with the Farragut turnover in the 3rd qtr. when Farragut was driving deep in Bearden territory. If I'm not mistaken Farragut outgained Bearden in this game. Bearden is luck that Farragut didn't score more. Luck or no luck, the bottom line is Bearden is going home, and Farragut is moving on. Congrats to Bearden on a great season, and playing a very tough game tonight.

As for Maryville, yes they will always be extremely tough to beat on any field, refs or no refs, however, just like Alabama and Florida suspiciously seem to catch all the officiating breaks in SEC football, Maryville suspiciously seems to catch all the breaks in Tennessee high school football.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First and foremost Farragut needs to thank Bearden on this one. Bearden insight the 5 two times and get nothing out of it why would you not give it to #33 down there which was the one who got you there. Farragut did nothing at all the second half. Purity looks like he hurt his shoulder had three fumbles the second half got two back and Bearden got one. The only big play of the second half for Farragut was the 4 and 3 that they made late in the game. Maryville will be tuff at there place with or without the refs if thats what you want to say. Bearden wanted more than Farragut did in the second half Farragut got lucky on this one.

Bearden also got lucky with the Farragut turnover in the 3rd qtr. when Farragut was driving deep in Bearden territory. If I'm not mistaken Farragut outgained Bearden in this game. Bearden is luck that Farragut didn't score more. Luck or no luck, the bottom line is Bearden is going home, and Farragut is moving on. Congrats to Bearden on a great season, and playing a very tough game tonight.

As for Maryville, yes they will always be extremely tough to beat on any field, refs or no refs, however, just like Alabama and Florida suspiciously seem to catch all the officiating breaks in SEC football, Maryville suspiciously seems to catch all the breaks in Tennessee high school football.

You most have been at home listing to the game to cold for you. Farragut got lucky that is one TD Bearden had two chance for TD. Farragut will not beat Maryville should have lost tonight just the luck fell on Farraguts side and that is it. Talking about calls that was not a grounding when Bearden was down there close Farragut got a big break there.

Woooo Hoooo ! Go Admirals !!! Now let's beat Maryville and get past the Qtrs. for a change.

Word of warning to the Admirals: Just be sure to bring your own refs with you when you travel south of the river. If the refs come from Blount County you will have absolutely no chance, cause the fix will be in for Maryville.

Faragut 35 - Dead Horse 0 :hungry:

I guess you whiney Farragut fans don't have enough playoff experience to know that during the Playoffs the Refs are rotated out of their normal area . I think the Refs Maryville had tonight were all Farragut graduates .... lol .

Seriously , do you guys not realize how pathetic you all sound when you're already making up excuses about the refs ? I've always wondered why Farragut never won In Football , but if this is the attitude surrounding Farragut Football , no wonder you all have never sniffed a Championship . Excuses are for losers , If you all win next week , we'll congratulate you , and start working on getting better for next year .

I guess you whiney Farragut fans don't have enough playoff experience to know that during the Playoffs the Refs are rotated out of their normal area . I think the Refs Maryville had tonight were all Farragut graduates .... lol .

Seriously , do you guys not realize how pathetic you all sound when you're already making up excuses about the refs ? I've always wondered why Farragut never won In Football , but if this is the attitude surrounding Farragut Football , no wonder you all have never sniffed a Championship . Excuses are for losers , If you all win next week , we'll congratulate you , and start working on getting better for next year .

In the words of Danny White ... "...this is par for the course...."

In the words of Danny White ... "...this is par for the course...."

hey fish how is the hooters basketball going?

Woooo Hoooo ! Go Admirals !!! Now let's beat Maryville and get past the Qtrs. for a change.

Word of warning to the Admirals: Just be sure to bring your own refs with you when you travel south of the river. If the refs come from Blount County you will have absolutely no chance, cause the fix will be in for Maryville.

How pathetic! Congratz on your win and thanks to Bearden for participating in this years play-offs.

Bring those KFL refs with you if you like, Maryville had to play a very tough and well coached McMinn County team and a group of the most inept refs that may have ever walked into the Skeeter. And still won.

No excuses Maryville will be ready.

Based on watching the game, I don't see how Farragut got lucky. Why is it that when Farragut beats someone they get lucky? "Lucky against Catholic", "Lucky against West". It's garbage. And to whoever said that Bearden wanted it more in the 2nd half. I guess if they did, then they clearly didn't deserve to win if all they could get was 3 points and terrible last drive. Yeah they really wanted it alright.

I still don't get why they didn't use the no huddle. Whether you "trust" your qb or not, you should go with what works. Yes, clearly no huddle worked as we saw the first game, and not going no huddle worked as well as we saw in this game. I guess I would just think they'd go with what works best. Not with what gets you by. That isn't going to work against Maryville. Farragut will need to go all out against the rebs next week, otherwise it's another trip to the quarterfinals, and another loss. Maryville is too good of a team to just try to squeak by. You need to go at them hard and hard all game.. something Farragut seemed to only do in the first half the last game. For those fans already blaming the refs before the game even takes place... You guys are ridiculous. Atleast let the game be played before you come up with that excuse. Maybe there will actually be a call that could support that argument.. doubtful, but who knows. I mean come on guys.. If Farragut people go into this game thinking they are going to get screwed by the refs, then the outcome isn't going to be pretty. I wouldn't be surprised if this game ends up like a few of Farragut's previous beat downs in the playoffs. Ooltewah in '06, Oak Ridge in '05 and '04.

First, the refs will not determine the outcome of the MAryville/Farragut game. I fully expect that the best prepared team will win. With that said, I don't understand how the refs are chosen for these games. The crew at Farragut last night was the same inept crew that called the Farragut/Maryville game earlier this year. It doesn't appear that the TSSAA has a rule to rotate the crews for teh playoffs.