CAK vs Alcoa Part II

FootballDad

Rule #1: there should NEVER be a discussion about eating plans without including blitzinbuc. :thumb:

FootballDad, you're a class act and it was my honor to meet you and break bread with you Friday night prior to the CAK/Central game. And it was very hospitable of you to buy my meal......though I keep getting these thoughts that you were just preparing me for the inevitable loss the Chargers would endure. :thumb:

Seriously, It was a privilege to meet you and GVK.....and the other fine gentlemen I met. CAK has really grown since I was there many years ago, and to that I give credit to people doing what the Lord wanted them to do. All of those I met at CAK were kind and humble, both before and after the game.

The Central coaches I rode home with were really bragging on your football program......not just in how good the team was, but also about what a first-rate program you have.

I pray our paths will cross again someday on this side of eternity. If so, I get to do the eating-treating next time (especially if having a servant's heart will guarantee a victory for my team). :thumb:

As a Christian, I don't believe in luck........so, I'll wish your team much success against mighty Alcoa.

ps: I was in Meigs County Saturday evening for a birthday party - amongst some of the Tiger coaches. They said they had heard a rumor about me actually wearing Central attire the night before. You'll be proud of me for not lying......I just told them there are always things like that going around and unless someone had proof that I did wear it, then it probably was just a rumor. :thumb:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Polk fan--no disrespect meant-we just think our district is a tough one and if we aren't playing a team we are rooting for our district team who is. Despite our weird seeding, I am glad we got placed in the "Kville to Chatt" quad. We've always wondered how we would fare and match up outside of upper ETn but have a hard time getting passed the Alcoa barrier to see. MC had some good players--while they were bigger than us-no surprise there, I was surprised by the number of players they had--for the first time this year we faced a team with about the same number of players we had. It was a good game and matchup. While I'd love for our district to win out and Loudon to beat you guys, on the other hand, if we can get past Alcoa I'd love to play somebody new ( you guys) too. You've had a great year. So, we'll see--going to be a tough week emotionally for our guys with two family deaths this week.

Best of luck to both teams as far as injures and everyone making it home safe. I hope that CAK can win this one and go on to face Polk next Friday.

Real football??? 10-0 I believe that is real football. You may get a taste of something you dont want at Polk. Some big ole country boys playing "real" football.

Hope to see CAK at Polk next week. :thumb:

Would love to see Alcoa play Polk Co. Real football is 24 straight wins, 5 straight state championships and a #54 national ranking as of last week.

I have read all these fans posts from other teams talking about how their team got the shaft from the TSSAA on their seeding. No team got the shaft like CAK did. CAK went 9-1 and they have to play Alcoa again this week.

LOL. A few weeks ago I said I didn't know much about the brackets,districts,regions etc. Thanks ! TSSAA! I AM MORE CONFUSED NOW THAN I EVER WAS ! Bledsoe and Loudon 'nuther head scratcher? :thumb: ....... :thumb:

Best of luck to both teams as far as injures and everyone making it home safe. I hope that CAK can win this one and go on to face Polk next Friday.

Real football??? 10-0 I believe that is real football. You may get a taste of something you dont want at Polk. Some big ole country boys playing "real" football.

Hope to see CAK at Polk next week. :thumb:

Me thinks theres a typo,jdw. Thats 11-0,now. CAK,spank Alcoa,,for ya'll first,for me just for fun. :thumb:

Hey ...go vols...good luck against Alcoa....Tssaa sure messed this matchup early.

Just don't bite any ankles.......ha

Hey Bulldog, quite some time since we've spoken. Honestly I've been happy to see your Patriots doing so well this year :thumb: I drop in occassionally on the Page thread for grins & giggles to see if you are still making friends and influencing people :thumb: Thanks for the well wishes against Alcoa. Maybe you could send us some D1 protype reinforcements, we certainly could use them. Good luck to you guys this week.

The reason why CAK is successful against most teams is because teams cannot get a pass rush which forces them to blitz which opens up the hook and slant routes. Alcoa can get pressure from there front 4 which means they can play 2-man because of there athletes, those safeties can play over the top of everything. Plus CAK has no running game so Alcoa don't have to respect that. Alcoa 35 CAK 7