CAK vs Alcoa Part II

FootballDad

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just getting back from the game and settling in to watch the film. But my intial impressions were:

Great night for football, very good atmosphere with Alcoa's black out and CAK's white out, good fan support on both sides, some exciting plays for both teams, but just more of them for Alcoa than for CAK. The kickoff return was electrifying for the Warriors, the hook & latteral was a great call & execution for the Tornadoes. We needed Alcoa to turn the ball over and help us out some, but they didn't. Credit to them. In both games with CAK the Tornadoes made Zero turnovers. Hard to beat a team as good as Alcoa without some help. I'm extremely proud of the guys who strapped it on for the Warriors this year. Not a big group, but a real scrappy one. Respectful of Alcoa, not the least bit intimidated. 10-2, with our only 2 losses being to Alcoa isn't too bad, but we'll get to work and try to be better next year. Congrats to Alcoa, you've got a fantastic team. Good luck the rest of the way.

Just getting back from the game and settling in to watch the film. But my intial impressions were:

Great night for football, very good atmosphere with Alcoa's black out and CAK's white out, good fan support on both sides, some exciting plays for both teams, but just more of them for Alcoa than for CAK. The kickoff return was electrifying for the Warriors, the hook & latteral was a great call & execution for the Tornadoes. We needed Alcoa to turn the ball over and help us out some, but they didn't. Credit to them. In both games with CAK the Tornadoes made Zero turnovers. Hard to beat a team as good as Alcoa without some help. I'm extremely proud of the guys who strapped it on for the Warriors this year. Not a big group, but a real scrappy one. Respectful of Alcoa, not the least bit intimidated. 10-2, with our only 2 losses being to Alcoa isn't too bad, but we'll get to work and try to be better next year. Congrats to Alcoa, you've got a fantastic team. Good luck the rest of the way.

Very classy FBD. Good luck in a hard working winter season. I like you guys.

First of all I want to give congrats to CAK on a great season. Warriors is a great football mascot for your team. That is how they play football on the field. We here at Alcoa have a lot of respect for your program. Your a classy team that never gives up. There no doubt if CAK would have been in another bracket you could have gone much farther. No doubt your a top 5 team in my opinion. Can't wait to do this again next year at home. As for the Tornadoes we played pretty good all but the kickoff return. I can't remember the last time we gave up a touchdown on special teams. I still wish we would run the TE across the middle more. He is a big time mismatch with pretty much any team we play. Plus that's one of the easiest passes to make. Glad to see the second team get some action at the end of the game. We have a couple of special freshman that will benefit on down the road with this experience. This is one reason the Tornadoes have had an extra leg up on a lot of schools in the past few years. The second team is ready to roll by the time the next year rolls around. Same with our cross town rivals.

CAK had a whiteout? I couldn't see it.

The band usually does play the Horse when the band comes out, sometimes you just can't hear it because the band isn't as big as it used to be, therefore you can't hear them due to crowd noise.

From what I understand, TSSAA has said that we can't use the tornado siren, hence the tornado alert. Also the reason we didn't have the incredible fireworks we had last year.

I'm a traditionalist as much as the next guy, but I thought the black was pretty exciting. The fans did a wonderful job getting into it and I really believe our side was a blackout.

Very, very classy of AHS to put a wreath under the pressbox to honor the CAK's player's father. Also, very classy of all of the seniors to meet him after the coin toss to offer condolences.

As far as the game: The first quarter again to CAK, but, as said before, it takes 4 quarters to win a ballgame. Looked like CAK was running on a lot of emotion that first quarter, unfortunately emotion doesn't win ballgames. Our defense needed to be tighter during the passing game; CAK got in too many completions, but, if you throw enough passes, you're going to get picked off.

It's very unfortunate that CAK was put in the brackets where they were; they should've gone much deeper into the playoffs than they did, but it seems like I said that last year. Very impressed that there wasn't any whining about the hand they were dealt.

Congratulations to CAK for a great season. One of these games you will beat the Tornadoes, this just wasn't the year.

On second thought, since I was kinda put on the spot in a public forum, I will make a short response.

0% of my 'source pics' as they are called in the fark world are from Ms. Clarks website.

All of her images are clearly watermarked are are not able to be downloaded to a pc.

Anything that I use are from public domain and the artist has already been compensated (i.e. Blount Today)

While I will say that I was in the wrong to tell someone to take it to Kinko's to get a print made, I have infringed on nothing. If you sell pics to Blount Today and they do not protect them, your problem is with them, not me.

I will try to be more sensitive to your needs Ms. Clark as it is your livelihood, and in these times that is not lost on me.

My apologies for any hurt feelings, and please visit Ms. Clark's website.

Ummmm, I am new to this site but have found this thread interesting and had to post. Just because a photo is on the internet on a Public Domain site does not mean that it is OK to download the photo and alter it as you see fit without permission of the person the photo belongs to. Just because you don't see a watermark on the photo does not give you legal right to use it. Your example was that you got it from Blount Today's web site. Just because they don't have it protected or watermark, they do have a copyright on their site. They don't have to display a watermark on the photo. The photographers name should be displayed somewhere giving them credit for the photo but it is not required by law. Just because they paid for the photo to use in their publication does not mean that they bought the rights to photo for people to steal for their personal use.

On another post by you sir, you give a link to your photo gallery and say "my pics", clearly these are not all Your pics that you have altered in one way or another and therefore it is a copyright infringemeyou know nt on these photos as you do not have permission to use them, display them or alter them in anyway. If I were you I would remove the photo of number 28 and any other photos that you now know belong to Ms. Clark as well as remove the banner you have on this site until she has given you permission to use them.

Just because you find it on the internet does not mean it is free to use or distribute unless it is displayed on the site that it is free to use or you have contact that person who owns the photo and required their permission.

Another thing to consider when taking a photo from the internet that has a person in it, the photographer may have obtained permission from that person to use their photo and sell. They does not give you the permission to the right to post that persons picture just because you found it on the internet.

That said, GO ALCOA!!!

CheeseWithThatWhine-2.5-wid.gif

:excl:

Yeah butt Bee Cee......If 'un APB wood jist give moore ov hiz time and tallunts two Alcouh Hi fer a cupple ov deckaids, then he could whine and cry two!!!......APB iz jist "A Johnny Come Lately"...... 8-)...... Hits obveeus APB iz doin' thiz fer hiz own enterests and iz tryin' two sell tha parunts at Alcouh Hi hiz portfolio ov CoachT postin' skilz fer a nominal fee..... :lol:

Yeah butt Bee Cee......If 'un APB wood jist give moore ov hiz time and tallunts two Alcouh Hi fer a cupple ov deckaids, then he could whine and cry two!!!......APB iz jist "A Johnny Come Lately"...... :|...... Hits obveeus APB iz doin' thiz fer hiz own enterests and iz tryin' two sell tha parunts at Alcouh Hi hiz portfolio ov CoachT postin' skilz fer a nominal fee..... :thumb:

Uz a smurt fellur STARS! And..........yu got da bes'tist garbige truck I evur seen. :|

redneck-man.jpg

Nun uf da STARS famuly wuz harm'd in'a makin thiz picture. Al wrights resurved!

CAK had a whiteout? I couldn't see it.

The band usually does play the Horse when the band comes out, sometimes you just can't hear it because the band isn't as big as it used to be, therefore you can't hear them due to crowd noise.

From what I understand, TSSAA has said that we can't use the tornado siren, hence the tornado alert. Also the reason we didn't have the incredible fireworks we had last year.

I'm a traditionalist as much as the next guy, but I thought the black was pretty exciting. The fans did a wonderful job getting into it and I really believe our side was a blackout.

Very, very classy of AHS to put a wreath under the pressbox to honor the CAK's player's father. Also, very classy of all of the seniors to meet him after the coin toss to offer condolences.

As far as the game: The first quarter again to CAK, but, as said before, it takes 4 quarters to win a ballgame. Looked like CAK was running on a lot of emotion that first quarter, unfortunately emotion doesn't win ballgames. Our defense needed to be tighter during the passing game; CAK got in too many completions, but, if you throw enough passes, you're going to get picked off.

It's very unfortunate that CAK was put in the brackets where they were; they should've gone much deeper into the playoffs than they did, but it seems like I said that last year. Very impressed that there wasn't any whining about the hand they were dealt.

Congratulations to CAK for a great season. One of these games you will beat the Tornadoes, this just wasn't the year.

Thanks for your compliments. As far as the white out goes, I was directing that more towards our team. They wore white jerseys and white pants for the first time. I thought it looked very good. The white pants were a change from our traditional gold. Subtle change, but a little bit different and a way to psychologically boost our players emotions to counter balance the emotional charge Alcoa was going to receive from their black out. I read the posts above from the traditionalists that didn't like the black jerseys. I'm not an Alcoa person so I certainly will not try to weigh in on that specifically. What I will throw out there though is that you should try to embrace the idea that someone at AHS was thinking and trying to spice things up a bit rather than sitting back and being complacent. That took some effort and some cash. The Tornado warning was cool, much like Elizabethtons Cyclone sounds they play at their stadium. I love the inflatable and I'm already working towards getting something for our Warriors. So, as a regular visitor, I truly enjoy the atmosphere at the Alcoa stadium. Good luck to the Tornado Nation, you've got a great team, coaches, and some super fans. :|

Very classy FBD. Good luck in a hard working winter season. I like you guys.

Back at you Rebelsman. We're trying to learn from Maryville & Alcoa, 2 elite programs!