Region 1 Wrestling

HULK123

Lets hear this year's pre season top teams.

Duals

Science Hill - Loaded

DB - Coach Mann does a great job

M- West - A couple of good kids

Jeff Co - Anderson is a Price Trained Athlete they will have a full line-up

M-East - Not going to be very good

Crockett - Will Fill Line-up and win Matches

Boone?

Tn High?

SE - Will have good soild kids

Vol - Want do very good

So I will go with The Hill vs Jeff Co in region finals

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the looks of that original post, I think that they were talking about AAA (except for Sullivan East, they are A/AA). So Greeneville does not have a dog in that hunt.

As far as A/AA.....we don't return very many guns. We will be young. In fact, some yoing teams will look at us and say, "Man, you guys are young." I think that as far as A/AA, you've got.....

1. West Greene

2. Sullivan East

3. Greeneville

Then, in no particular order....Volunteer, Chuckey-Doak, Happy Valley, Elizabethton, Hancock County.

As far as AAA, You've got Science Hill, Dobyns-Bennett, Jefferson County, and Morristown West. I think that David Crockett is close to the bottom of that top four and might be in place of MW. After that I either don't know the teams and just plain ol' can't make a judgment.

The takedown tournament (not all teams were there, so...) had some good competition but I just didn't see very many WOW! wrestlers. Tyler Johnson (JC) and Justin Snyder (SH) looked really solid. Lots of wrestlers were right below the level of those two. I know that there are more kids out there but I haven't seen them so I can't really say.

I think that it's still a little early to say which individual wrestlers will be regional champs.

From the looks of that original post, I think that they were talking about AAA (except for Sullivan East, they are A/AA). So Greeneville does not have a dog in that hunt.

As far as A/AA.....we don't return very many guns. We will be young. In fact, some yoing teams will look at us and say, "Man, you guys are young." I think that as far as A/AA, you've got.....

1. West Greene

2. Sullivan East

3. Greeneville

Then, in no particular order....Volunteer, Chuckey-Doak, Happy Valley, Elizabethton, Hancock County.

As far as AAA, You've got Science Hill, Dobyns-Bennett, Jefferson County, and Morristown West. I think that David Crockett is close to the bottom of that top four and might be in place of MW. After that I either don't know the teams and just plain ol' can't make a judgment.

The takedown tournament (not all teams were there, so...) had some good competition but I just didn't see very many WOW! wrestlers. Tyler Johnson (JC) and Justin Snyder (SH) looked really solid. Lots of wrestlers were right below the level of those two. I know that there are more kids out there but I haven't seen them so I can't really say.

I think that it's still a little early to say which individual wrestlers will be regional champs.

Goodness! thank you for the honor but that is exactly what it is, an honor. In actuallity look for 1) GHS 2) SEHS and maybe just maybe if the stars are aligned WGHS might be considered. We cannot compete with the coaching staff, facilities and the feeder program and returning wrestlers. We have couple of young men that decided discipline, drill, and technique is not fun and have moved on leaving couple of weights void for at least the moment. However The Buffs have 9 freshmen that if they stick with it

will compete with anyone in a couple of years. But thank you for putting us in the conversation.

Pretty good day at the Crockett Preseason event...

Everybody looked good! Ten teams in attendance, numbers appear to be up overall. Somewhat disappointing that only 80-some wrestlers completed their weight management testing at a mass testing site, though.

Anyhoo, programs like West Greene, Chuckey-Doak, and Volunteer appear to be on the rise with probably at least 30 wrestlers each. Sullivan East has some real strong guys. Happy Valley has a brand new program but they also have some really athletic studs and they may challenge in the A/AA ranks. D-B is, well, D-B; their depth is hard to overcome. They looked to be a young but very solid team, maybe the best there today. Hard to tell with Greeneville and Elizabethton (still alive in football) and Boone (still alive in football until last night). Crockett looked pretty good, too.

Very competitive matches all day long; everybody got four, and we were done by five. I feel REAL good about that. Thanks to everyone who attended and we hope to see ya next year.

2009-10 season begins next week for some. Good luck to everyone!

Any results from the North Henderson tournament? Porkchop, don't forget Herold from ME is a also returning state medalist.

Science HIll finals winners:

Schurlknight 112

Schurlknight 119

Goldstein 125

Pierce 135

Stull 152

Cruise 160

Cannon 189

Lewis 215

3rd:

Vaugn 103

Barnett hw

Somebody may correct this but its is what I remember. My guess is some of the kids wrestled up a weight class.

Any results from the North Henderson tournament? Porkchop, don't forget Herold from ME is a also returning state medalist.

Science HIll finals winners:

Schurlknight 112

Schurlknight 119

Goldstein 125

Pierce 135

Stull 152

Cruise 160

Cannon 189

Lewis 215

3rd:

Max Vaugn 103

Barnett hw

Somebody may correct this but its is what I remember. My guess is some of the kids wrestled up a weight class.

Knowles finished 2nd and Elliott Vaughn finished 4th at 171. Also Wesley Vaughan finished 4th. A good day for SH wrestlers finishing with about 275 points vs 206 last year.

Knowing very little (ok nothing) about the high school wrestiling in region 1, I'm hesitant to ask this question. Doesn't Sullivan south field a wrestling team now? If not, what happened to it? If so, are they just not competitive enough yet, to garner a mention in the rankings? Also how well coached is this team? In time will they be able to be compete in the top half of the region, in your opinion? What would keep them from getting there?