#4 Daniel Boone (10-2) @ #2 Sullivan South (10-2) 3rd Round

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope the refs I seen tonight are not at South next week.They missed calls both ways but on the drive near the end of the game when South punted to Catholic,that side judge had to see the block in the back by the Catholic player.A few plays later he calls the unsportsmanlike against Souths sideline.I just couldn't believe that call with so much hanging in the balance for both teams.Anyway,A great game for South .Now Boone !!My hats off to you guys for the greatest upset in school history,A great job !! I wouldn't have bet a nickle against a million dollars for you guys,and you done it !! I knew coming into tonight that Clinton didn't have their star back and the road to the finals would be clear for the locals,but what a shocker.Good luck to both teams,but I'll have to side with the Rebs again next week.

You aren't in any position to be complaining about the officials. The SportsAnimal crew, neutral observers, mentioned exactly one bad call - the missed late hit on Mackle's punt return.

Your team played very well tonight and I currently have no reason to show South anything but respect. Don't ruin it by being a jackass.

Both teams played with class and played an excellent ballgame. There were horrible calls for both teams and missed calls for both teams. I do not believe he was trying to be a jackxxx. Just making an observation. I think the teams deserve to have competent officials and not have officiatng (or lack thereof) determine the outcome. We spoke to a number of Knox Catholic fans and players after the game. Super people. Best wishes in the future.

It is a message board - no one is being an a** for questioning a call. Yes the ref missed an pretty obvious late hit by a South player but a block in the back was called on South the very same play - so it really didn't matter. The side judge missed an obvious block in the back by Catholic on a punt. Everyone and I mean everyone in the stands saw it. No big deal - calls get missed. However, the unsportsmanlike call on the coach in a tied playoff game in the 4th quarter was absolutely inexcusable. You don't make that call unless the coach is strangling you. YOu just don't do it. That 15 yards is what put Catholic in position to kick the go ahead field goal.

Hats of to the South D. When I saw Catholic's line I was worried but our front 7 absolutely dominated

the first half. I bet Catholic had negative yards in the first half if you take out the first play of the game

Great High school football game

BTW... preciate the support from the tribe faithful. Hope you got out in time to get that la carretta :excl:

Congratulations on the win Boone, you may have just knocked off the best team in the state. You play a physical brand of football. I played for both head coaches when they were on the South staff together. Both real good coaches, fun to play for, and deserving of this shot to make a run at state.

Interesting match up as both know each others tendincies (sp?). CP gets a week healthier (we r gonna need his physicality), St. gets another week of conditioning. Gonna be a good one to watch. Gonna need an extra air horn for this one. As always, good health to our opponents from up the road. Welcome to death valley, its nice this time of year. No predictions here, i don't care if the score is 2-0 as long as the home team survives. Lets bring it next week rebs, should be a packed house.

Terrible officiating last night at the South game. I hope the boone vs. South is better. Some of the calls and no calls could be game changing 4th round of playoffs is unacceptable.

We had a lot of "no calls" in Greeneville as well last night...you'd think 10 zebras on the field would be able to get it right.