#4 Daniel Boone (10-2) @ #2 Sullivan South (10-2) 3rd Round

Boone has not beaten south in at least the past nine meetings..... South has a tendency to knock boone out of the playoffs. For some reason though i feel this year is going to be different. Boone fans are fired up. They are pumped and ready to go and with good reason. Boone actually has a good team this year that has a chance to beat south. They are hungry and they are due a win. Usually when boone plays south they have a mental block where they can't get anything going (similar to when south plays DB dry.gif ). I think the loss during the regular season has prepared boone mentally and i think they will come out with the W.

Prediction: Close like the regular season game but boone takes the win this time.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right...I believe you two when I see it.

It'll be a shootout, plain and simple, just like the first game. There is a possibility, however, for a nice 20 point game...but by either team. Whoever gets the momentum and keeps it could do that, and we known South has confidence against Boone. Ain't been beat by them since 1999, so I'd say South is in Boone's heads. The only thing that can get Boone out of that slump is to get and mad play to beat South, not play to go to the 4th round. I think if they concentrate on that and play like last week....it will be Boone all the way. If not, if South is kept in the game and even if it goes to OT....South will win it plain and simple.

These posts are quite funny. It's obvious that a couple of you Boone posters are thinking you are going to blow us out. That's fine. And it might happen. But, if you think it, go ahead and say it. I like that, "if South is kept in the game......". :popcorneater:

Kept in the game is how I like to put it if you don't sieze opportunities and score, or you keep giving the other team chances when you are in control. Take last game....plain and simple yeah, St. tore up the defense and made up for the fumbles....and all it would have taken for Boone to win the game was to hit him at the line at least 3 times. Those long runs kept South in the game, gave their team a lot of momentum, and it carried over to OT. South made plays, Boone didn't.

Boone has had bad luck with teams staying close and losing to them. Cherokee and Volunteer the past couple of years have been beat the first half, then let in the game and came up and beat ya.

If South thinks they have a chance still with 6 minutes left....they win. Boone will have to put this South team away with a big lead to win the game. Call it a salute to hard nosed South never give up attitude, not a put down. I still think it is a shoot out. South and TN High are two different animals. Boone had the answers to one of those challenges, but the second is yet to be seen.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, it won't be an easy game for either team. Anyone thinking differently is out of their mind.

Well then, I just hope and pray "we still have a chance with 6 minutes left". And I'm glad you are giving us "the benefit of doubt". ;)

Here We Go Again. So last week Boone holds the number one team in the state to 150 yards of offense and only 11 yds on the ground and your tellin me that taylor is gonna run all over Boone???? IMO i see taylor as maybe the 5th best back in the conference at best. Thats behind (Shropshire: Boone, Sheperd: TN High, Sensabaough: DB, and Sumo: Crockett). Personally i was at the last time these 2 clashed and it was a great game but Boone has improved. I dont see Taylor having a big game. 50 yds at best. Boones offense has been clicking on all cylinders as of late. Good Luck to both teams and i hope no injuries. 1st round Boone wins by 10. 2nd round Boone wins by 9. Ill say 3rd round Boone by 8............ Boone: 21 South: 13 :roflolk:

Here We Go Again. So last week Boone holds the number one team in the state to 150 yards of offense and only 11 yds on the ground and your tellin me that taylor is gonna run all over Boone???? IMO i see taylor as maybe the 5th best back in the conference at best. Thats behind (Shropshire: Boone, Sheperd: TN High, Sensabaough: DB, and Sumo: Crockett). Personally i was at the last time these 2 clashed and it was a great game but Boone has improved. I dont see Taylor having a big game. 50 yds at best. Boones offense has been clicking on all cylinders as of late. Good Luck to both teams and i hope no injuries. 1st round Boone wins by 10. 2nd round Boone wins by 9. Ill say 3rd round Boone by 8............ Boone: 21 South: 13 :roflolk:

Sorry, maybe I missed it but where did anyone say that BT was going to run all over boone? What I am seeing in this thread is alot of boone fans telling us Reb fans, in a round about way, that we don't have a chance Friday. One game at a time Rebs, one game at a time!!!

Sorry, maybe I missed it but where did anyone say that BT was going to run all over boone? What I am seeing in this thread is alot of boone fans telling us Reb fans, in a round about way, that we don't have a chance Friday. One game at a time Rebs, one game at a time!!!

Having seen both these teams play I predict South a winner in this contest. Why? For one, Boone is waaaaay too confident right now. Two-South will be able to run the ball against Boone if they have all their offensive weapons(which, by the way, THS didn't have last game) Three-South has more talent, size and speed all over the field, and yes, I believe they have more heart. Boone is a good team and I congratulate them on their win Fri. night and their season thus far. But I just feel that time is running out.........South will prevail.

South 21

Boone 14

And the ranking of backs in the conference may be a little off. :roflol:

Having seen both these teams play I predict South a winner in this contest. Why? For one, Boone is waaaaay too confident right now. Two-South will be able to run the ball against Boone if they have all their offensive weapons(which, by the way, THS didn't have last game) Three-South has more talent, size and speed all over the field, and yes, I believe they have more heart. Boone is a good team and I congratulate them on their win Fri. night and their season thus far. But I just feel that time is running out.........South will prevail.

South 21

Boone 14

And the ranking of backs in the conference may be a little off. :cry:

Wah Wah Wah Wah! Seems like someone may be a little sour about getting knocked out of the playoffs. We didn't beat you because you were missing players! We beat you becuase we are a better team with more heart! Go ahead and remark that they have more heart thats ok but its a matter of opinion! Anyone been to gray lately?? The team not only has more heart, but the community has the heart to! Id really like to see some more boone fans get on here and support your blazers instead of letting these south fans run the board.

What it shakes down to is what team shows up? Boone has definitely gotten better, South has been jekyl and hyde. Who knows, but i can't wait to find out! I'm gonna get me one of those burgers and get my air horn ready. Good game, stays close throughout, a couple of turnovers late decide it for the boys in blue. Good health to all players, family and friends alike. Gonna be a dog fight in death valley!

Rebels 42 :roflolk:

Boone 31

South 21

Boone 14

And the ranking of backs in the conference may be a little off. :angry:

Wah Wah Wah Wah! Seems like someone may be a little sour about getting knocked out of the playoffs. We didn't beat you because you were missing players! We beat you becuase we are a better team with more heart! Go ahead and remark that they have more heart thats ok but its a matter of opinion! Anyone been to gray lately?? The team not only has more heart, but the community has the heart to! Id really like to see some more boone fans get on here and support your blazers instead of letting these south fans run the board.

I have to agree with VikingT and I'm sorry you all lost last week because you do have a tremendous team. I knew somebody had to be out with injuries for that to of happened. But I'm glad South gets a chance to shut down Boone once again. Those boys do have heart, what VikingT was trying to say because of what they have been through this season. You could not possibly have any idea! Nor would I wish these circumstances on any team and anywhere. Every time they step on that field, especially the seniors it is on their minds, but make no mistake about it, they are ready for you without a doubt. It will be a dog fight I'm sure. But as usual Boone knows how to play like a dog, dirty and with no sportsmanship. Why can't you come on this board and be a gentlemen , but of course there is few of us left.

Come what may win or lose, South Rebels will play, play hard and play like WARRIOR POETS :roflol:

Boone plays dirty and no sportsmanship? My friend i dont know what Boone team you have been watching but you have got your facts all wrong. You want to talk about sportsmanship? Some of the TN High players sat on the bench and didnt get up to shake hands with the Boone players. But thats good Sportsmanship in your eyes SportsFan. Never has Boone played dirty this year, if you want to define dirty as playing hard and hitting the other team when they have the ball then they have played real dirty. Sportsfan bring your notebook and pen and watch how many times good ole Matt Duncan and the DB Defense roughs up your Rebels.

The team with the bigger heart wins this game. Honestly I think Boone will come to play while you other rebel posters think they are coming off such a mental high win at the castle. If anyone can bring this team back to earth it will be Coach Jenkins. These kids are sick of losing to there cross town rivals the Rebels and this will be the week they get there revenge and send the Rebels home!