#4 Daniel Boone (10-2) @ #2 Sullivan South (10-2) 3rd Round

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know, Boone has not had anyone miss a game for injuries. They have played with messed up shoulders, broke hands, and such.

Saw Phillips only played a little last week, is he back full speed this week?

If Boone hits St. Clair like they hit Harmon, I hope his back is okay.

There was one time i thought TN High's QB was out for the game when Shropshire hit him just as teh ball was released. He was limping off the field with his right arm not moving, but he came back in for one last series. Without a doubt, pressure and hitting the qb and backs gave Boone a definite edge against TN High. I think South better have their protection at the most, because any hits on them will definitely come with an impact the way Boone is hitting here lately.

We played Daniel Boone the first game of the year. Tough and hard nosed football team. They do not make many mistakes and they play physical. Also, I like the class and sportsmanship they displayed after they beat us. To me that says alot about the kids, parents, and the Coaches at Daniel Boone.

Good Luck to both teams!

We played Daniel Boone the first game of the year. Tough and hard nosed football team. They do not make many mistakes and they play physical. Also, I like the class and sportsmanship they displayed after they beat us. To me that says alot about the kids, parents, and the Coaches at Daniel Boone.

Good Luck to both teams!

Lets go Boone!!! I would love to see you all up here at AC in the 4th rd. But we got to take care of the lions this week. Hope to see you up here if everything works out!!

To all Boone fans...you have made your point. What you did to the Vikings is quite an accomplishment. A very sloppy game you played against DB. And an equally sloopy game they gave you in return. The only game DB played this season was against South. Which proved they could play if they wanted to. Wanted being a key word here. You are evidently the single most improved team in the state. I make no bones about it. Was South at the top of their game against Catholic? No. Catholic vastly underestimated South. If South returns to their (week 0) form you will have competition. If not, you will skate to the quarters. But I will guarantee you one thing...last year we were overconfident. All we saw was Maryville. Most of these Seniors were starters last year and they have a really bad taste in their mouths. Everyone knows we won that game and it was given to Greeneville. I think DB's HomeyD was one who said, "If we had played championship football then the score shouldn't have been that close in the first place." And he was 100% correct.

So the 'Blazers have plenty of motivation to win this game and we know this. We just might find some motivation of our own. But I won't dare disrespect you at this juncture in the season. You did not get this far by buying referees. Our respect to you. We are cousins and this will be a civil war and most likely of epic proportions. Please don't feel badly when I say that the Rebels were hoping for a Viking win. We wanted a threematch with the #1 team in the state as much as anyone. It's just personal. And yes, all notions point to a Rebel overconfidence in this game as well. Irregardless of your performance the first time. I feel Stacy will have our Rebels prepared in spite of Blazer thinking and thus you will get our best shot as you say you want. I can make no prediction...I don't think anyone could...at least not anyone who is a Blazer or a Rebel. Cap, chime in here. But one thing is for sure. This will be Stacy's 4th visit to the 3rd round with only one victory. We will be hungry. I think the best deliberation on this thread will come from people who have seen us both play lately. And that will most likely be DB people. That is who I personally would like to hear from.

So in light of the quarters, I pray for a safe game with no injuries. A clean game with no referee intervention with no reason for either side to cry wolf. May in fact, the best team win and be supported by all in NET to carry our bumpkinville banner to the next round and beyond. RESPECT FOR NET! Our time is now. The one and only Rebel Nation. :popcorneater:

To all Boone fans...you have made your point. What you did to the Vikings is quite an accomplishment. A very sloppy game you played against DB. And an equally sloopy game they gave you in return. The only game DB played this season was against South. Which proved they could play if they wanted to. Wanted being a key word here. You are evidently the single most improved team in the state. I make no bones about it. Was South at the top of their game against Catholic? No. Catholic vastly underestimated South. If South returns to their (week 0) form you will have competition. If not, you will skate to the quarters. But I will guarantee you one thing...last year we were overconfident. All we saw was Maryville. Most of these Seniors were starters last year and they have a really bad taste in their mouths. Everyone knows we won that game and it was given to Greeneville. I think DB's HomeyD was one who said, "If we had played championship football then the score shouldn't have been that close in the first place." And he was 100% correct.

So the 'Blazers have plenty of motivation to win this game and we know this. We just might find some motivation of our own. But I won't dare disrespect you at this juncture in the season. You did not get this far by buying referees. Our respect to you. We are cousins and this will be a civil war and most likely of epic proportions. Please don't feel badly when I say that the Rebels were hoping for a Viking win. We wanted a threematch with the #1 team in the state as much as anyone. It's just personal. And yes, all notions point to a Rebel overconfidence in this game as well. Irregardless of your performance the first time. I feel Stacy will have our Rebels prepared in spite of Blazer thinking and thus you will get our best shot as you say you want. I can make no prediction...I don't think anyone could...at least not anyone who is a Blazer or a Rebel. Cap, chime in here. But one thing is for sure. This will be Stacy's 4th visit to the 3rd round with only one victory. We will be hungry. I think the best deliberation on this thread will come from people who have seen us both play lately. And that will most likely be DB people. That is who I personally would like to hear from.

So in light of the quarters, I pray for a safe game with no injuries. A clean game with no referee intervention with no reason for either side to cry wolf. May in fact, the best team win and be supported by all in NET to carry our bumpkinville banner to the next round and beyond. RESPECT FOR NET! Our time is now. The one and only Rebel Nation. :popcorneater:

Who a team is changes from week to week. Understandably, you all went circumstances that will never make you that exact same team....but just like Boone you can be better or worse during that time and what happens from week to week.

I agree with pretty much everything you say, there can really be no arguments in there whatsoever. I know that all year people have been giving Boone the "we underestimated you" "we didn't take you seriously" "you sneaked up on us" and pretty much all doubts until now have been taken away. Regardless of what people say, it is a good Boone team that leaves Gray right now. They haven't worried about sneaking up or doing this or that, they are well behaved and have good athletes that have gotten the job done 10 times this year.

I expect a close fight out against South. While you state the boys wanted TN High again....understand that Boone wanted you again as well. I think this should be an amazing rematch between the two schools.

First, I want to congratulate both teams on two very good seasons! You both have found ways to win games to get you where you are right now. Job well Done!!! Now go out their & fight ,you both have one Dream ,as all the other teams did in Week 0.

While sitting among the Rebel faithful I enjoyed watching a Good High School Football Game.

Observations:

1) Field Conditions Dictated much of what was done in last weeks game, The rain on Tuesday or (waterline break?) really limited both teams. Correct me if I'm wrong but the kid that punted for Catholic was the Best I have seen all year & kept South from flipping the field most of the Night .

I feel that the two QB system disrupted the rebels at the start of the Second Half?

It was good to see #10 get out their & give it his all knowing that he could risk further Injury!!!!!!

Attendance seems to be down a bit for playoff games?

Overall a good atmosphere for High School Football, I liked the tailgate set up on the right as you go In Complete with smoker. I look forward to my return trip with a packed House and plenty of Excitement

Best of Luck to Both Teams, Play Hard, Play Fair& may the best team Win

Comp asked for an outsider's opinon... so here 'tis.

I concer, this one could be a close one. Allot of factors to consider. Boone is peaking and healthy (per previous posts on here). South has gotten St. Clair, Phillps, and Watterson back. The Boone O seems to be greatly improved, yet the South D looks very good. They laid it on the big Catholic line last week. I agree that both sides did not play their best in the early meeting. I got to watch the game film this week. South must have fumbled the ball that game, seriously like 9 times. The ball was on the ground allot, and they still pulled it out. Sloppy but a W. Boone will begin the game fired up. But so will South, as they will NOT overlook the Blazers.

I see this going two ways: #1 a close one where its a toss-up. Say...South 28 Boone 26. Or, #2 if the South spread is on track, I'd say South by 17. I think this comes down to 3 things: 1. Pass coverage from both teams. Gotta cover Zanoni - SS and Collins - DB 2. South holding onto the ball. 3. The playbook Carter decides to use this week and his ability not to revert to the same ole predictable stuff when in tight spots.

Congrats to both squads! See you Friday.

There are some facts. Catholic had the biggest badest O line South has seen this year. Cozart was fast yes, but more importantly he was quick. Quick as lightning...alot like another RB of recent memory in the valley. The Rebel D all but shut them down in the first half with Cozart few if any positive yards. Stacy elected to punt on 2 consecutive 4th and 1's. I'm sorry, not in the playoffs. You have to pull out the stops. We get those first downs we score points. South already had the momentum and with another score or two Catholic would have been done. The second half was all Catholic with one exception. South's last drive was in true Rebel form. The South O plays best in attack mode. Sometimes Stacy gets too conservative. That can be a dangerous thing at this point in the game. But in the last drive the O showed their colors. And the play calling was wonderful. If that O comes to play Friday night then Boone will have their hands full. The Rebel D has their work cut out for them from the get go...we know this. I don't understand the empty stands. It's like because we lost to the Vikings the fans gave up. Cap, Homey, Batman...there is always plenty of parking across from the baseball field. No need to pay the parking fee. What a game. :popcorneater: