#4 Daniel Boone (10-2) @ #2 Sullivan South (10-2) 3rd Round

I wish both of these teams the best and would like nothing more than to see one of them go all the way.

I was just stating who I thought would win. We can do that on here, right? Anyway, good luck to both and hope you have an injury free game.

Sidenote-The Viking players were simply devastated after the loss and I do believe that if some of them didn't shake hands, it wasn't because of bad sportsmanship, they were just overcome with emotion. They should have done it though-no excuse. But I don't believe it was to insult Boone.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with VikingT and I'm sorry you all lost last week because you do have a tremendous team. I knew somebody had to be out with injuries for that to of happened. But I'm glad South gets a chance to shut down Boone once again. Those boys do have heart, what VikingT was trying to say because of what they have been through this season. You could not possibly have any idea! Nor would I wish these circumstances on any team and anywhere. Every time they step on that field, especially the seniors it is on their minds, but make no mistake about it, they are ready for you without a doubt. It will be a dog fight I'm sure. But as usual Boone knows how to play like a dog, dirty and with no sportsmanship. Why can't you come on this board and be a gentlemen , but of course there is few of us left.

Come what may win or lose, South Rebels will play, play hard and play like WARRIOR POETS :roflol:

Writes this down...you just called us dogs, you just said the reason we won was because of injuries, and you said the Boone boys have no heart.

Now I don't mean to start picking and choosing, but I think you and I have a different opinion of what is good and dirty in this world. Football is football, if it is within the rules this Boone team has played it all year. As far as playing dirty, Mo East can take that title. South has played with class...this year. Running the score up on anyone you step on the field with is low class in my book. "But the fans, but the stats!" yeah you know what, people remember this stuff and you can guarantee everyone outside of South fans is just itching to see the Boone boys get you in the place where you have had them....we remember guys, that is what the Boone boy does, he remembers.

It seems that people tend to think the Blazers are overconfident....all I can really warn you all is to keep thinking that because it is quite the opposite. This game isn't about going on to the fourth game of the playoffs to the Boone boy...it's about getting a chance, one last chance for the seniors, to absolutely play their hearts out against South. Take it as a compliment, come with your best, come with every weapon you got, come with your hearts and memories....the Boone boy wants you at your best because I for one am sick and tired of every team on here that loses to us stating and giving excuses.

As far as injuries go, Boone has had serious ones the past two years and more broken hands this year than I can ever remember. You'll see Friday night when all those red casts are blazing up and down the valley.

Ok so your tellin me that South is gonna shut Boone down again? No we scored 28 last time but you all got the best of us in OT. I think Boone has been playing great of late and that confidence will continue on after this week. They mite be over confident but i think they will prevail. Boones D wil step up to the challenge and have a thriller game. good luck. Boone: 28 South:20 :roflol: "Full Eyes, Clear Hearts, Cant Lose"

First of all, congratulations to Boone. You just beat the best team in the state in Tn High. This is why we play the games folks. Anything can and will happen. With that win, you gained tons of confidence to go with your new NET #1 ranking and it is well deserved.

This makes Boone the favorite at South, no doubt. As I said earlier, this is why we play the games. It can't be settled here. It will be settled at Death Valley in exactly 2 days. The team that plays the best will win...control the line, limit turnovers, move the ball, and put points on the board. That is how it is done.

A few side items: Neither BT nor Shropshire were the difference makers before and I doubt they will be this time. Your 2 best conference backs were Sumo and Sensabaugh. After that, not one did it every night. It will be Boone strength versus South spread. It sounds exciting.

Good luck to both. I hope the winner takes the State Title. Go Rebs! Play like it may be your last.

For what it is worth, the Times-New Picking Panel picks South 6-1. Pretty sure, however, they had TH 7-0 last week. Yet another motivational tool for Boone?

Roll Rebels.......and Anderson County.

JC press has South winning by odds and Boone winning by Fritz....plenty of modivation for Boone for it seems that yet again, we are the underdog.

Ok, here's the deal.... these two teams are so evenly matched, all this "he'll dominate, they'll dominate because they have more heart," talk is garbage. These are two extremely well-coached teams who know their responsibilities and execute them better than anyone around, as evidenced by their survival. Early on, the advantage goes to the team that can throw the best curveball; in the second half, the game will be won by the team that makes the best adjustments, period. Enough of this chatter about who it means the most to, because that's all out the window at this point!

The Boone confidence doesn't bother me. They deserve to be confident. They played us toe to toe. They beat DB, Science Hill, THS. I mean what do you expect. THS killed South. DB killed South. What reason do they have to feel intimidated. None. They are so sure of a win and why wouldn't they be. All the normal signs point to it. It really is just common sense. There is nothing we Southers can say that would make an odds maker see it different.

The only people who know what we are is Knox West, Knox Powell, and Knox Catholic. No one else around here has played these people so no respect from that. Only we Southers know what our potential is. So I say, let the Boonies talk. It's been a long time that they had a reason to be loud. Let them enjoy it. Because they might just shut us down. And then we have to support them in the next round. And beating us will prove they deserve that support.

Cap has not said much. That is because he also feels Boone will hammer down on South. But I feel good about the air in the Heights today. That's as far as I will go. I'll let Ty Garvin and Company set the tone. And I can't wait to hear the Saints crunch from the Humbuckers on his Les Paul. And the wail of the sustain from Heath's Stratocaster. The Z man appears out of nowhere to make many look foolish. The Watterboy will get somebody all wet. And...the Duece has not had his finest hour as of yet. We are discounted? So be it. We may get auctioned off cheap. But then again, we may bring a high per pound dollar. Boone says, "Easy them pistols out, slow like 'lasses in winter time...so's I can count the hairs on your hand. Shut up Liidge! We got us the Josey Wales. That's right, Boone has the Josey Wales. South just might be...the Josey Wales...I reckon so.... :roflolk: