ROCKWOOD@HAMPTON

BDF36

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are all the so called Hampton FANS BASHING OUR COACHES? We had a great year you need to go some were else if your going to bash our coach

:roflolk: agreed 100%

thank you hopefully most of the fans will agree with me I know all of my team mates know it wouldn't the coach of was our falt not his

nobody is at fault at this season..it was a great season for hampton football..nobody should hang their heads low on this season..i am proud of all the players coaches,etc...keep striving to be the best you can be in anything you do and you will accomplish your goals...

Why are all the so called Hampton FANS BASHING OUR COACHES? We had a great year you need to go some were else if your going to bash our coach

:roflolk: agreed 100%

thank you hopefully most of the fans will agree with me I know all of my team mates know it wouldn't the coach of was our falt not his

It might have been Rockwoods fault, they were pretty dag gummed good. They might even be able to give Boyd a decent game. Only advise I'd give the returning players is just work hard to get bigger, stronger and faster, next season will be here before you know it.

Congratulations to the Hampton coaches and players on another great season of exciting football. Hampton Bulldogs: Conference champions five years in a row!!!!

Rockwood was the better team this past Friday. Hampton lost the battle, but still had a great (10-2) season. Some teams, such as Cosby, Sunbright and Tellico Plains, can only dream of having the success Hampton has had the last several years.

If Hampton wasn't successful, we wouldn't have all of these "haters" on here downing us. So just keep it up you Hampton haters. Very successful teams always have haters and detractors. You are the proof!!

By the way, all I heard last week was how Rockwood was so classy. What I saw and heard was totally different. Rockwood's assistant coaches who were on top of our press box were yelling, cursing and heckling the Hampton fans down below them. A Hampton fan had to go up there and shut them up.

Anyway, I'll be pulling for Boyd Buchanan to beat the Rockwood Tigers this coming Friday in Chattanooga.

As always, go Dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roflolk:

Pujo, I would say the Hampton coaches have the support, approval, and appreciation of 99+% of the Hampton fans. The others do not matter.

no one knows the 09 dogs better than the coach,he did things the way he did for a reason and he has my support all the way...True dog fans know this.

I've tried to avoid posting on this thread, but I have to say a few things, some may agree, some won't, and some won't care. With all that being said, I think Mike is a good football coach, you don't win games and put your program in the position hes put his in not knowing the game. As for JC being a better coach than Mike, I think most people know that Mike coached that team for the last few years, the wins just went on JC's record. Now, I also think that Hampton has a hard time when they play a team that can match their size because they don't really throw the ball great and teams can stack the box on them. Not always the coach's fault, I don't think that they had a QB that could win them games by throwing the football, but unless you call the plays you never know. Also from what I've gathered reading this thread the Price kid is a real wedge that seems to have drove the team apart and it sounds like the program will be better off without him next year, but why did they put up with him this year would be my question, and only Mike can answer that, so we will never know his side of the story, so none of us will ever fully understand what was going on behind the scenes, because its none of our business! Look, every coach runs thier program different, I'm not taking up for Mike and I'm not agreeing with him either, but being a coach myself, I have an idea how I will run my team if I ever get a chance to be a head coach, and I'm sure not everyone will agree with it, but thats just the way it is and parents, boosters, and supporters will never fully agree, because they don't know the real reason we coach. Its not for the money, I'll tell you that! Most of us do it because we love the game and we love teaching the game we love to kids, because we love being around kids and we want to see our boys succeed. I think everybody needs to take a step back and really take a look at what your coach has done for your school and your community, I think EVERYBODY NEEDS TO DO THAT IN EVERY COMMUNITY!!!! Chances are your kids love their coach and what he does or has done for them, so learn a lesson from your kids and pat your coach on the back, because trashing him will only lead you down a road you don't want to go. See yall next year at "THE NEST!" :lol:

I've tried to avoid posting on this thread, but I have to say a few things, some may agree, some won't, and some won't care. With all that being said, I think Mike is a good football coach, you don't win games and put your program in the position hes put his in not knowing the game. As for JC being a better coach than Mike, I think most people know that Mike coached that team for the last few years, the wins just went on JC's record. Now, I also think that Hampton has a hard time when they play a team that can match their size because they don't really throw the ball great and teams can stack the box on them. Not always the coach's fault, I don't think that they had a QB that could win them games by throwing the football, but unless you call the plays you never know. Also from what I've gathered reading this thread the Price kid is a real wedge that seems to have drove the team apart and it sounds like the program will be better off without him next year, but why did they put up with him this year would be my question, and only Mike can answer that, so we will never know his side of the story, so none of us will ever fully understand what was going on behind the scenes, because its none of our business! Look, every coach runs thier program different, I'm not taking up for Mike and I'm not agreeing with him either, but being a coach myself, I have an idea how I will run my team if I ever get a chance to be a head coach, and I'm sure not everyone will agree with it, but thats just the way it is and parents, boosters, and supporters will never fully agree, because they don't know the real reason we coach. Its not for the money, I'll tell you that! Most of us do it because we love the game and we love teaching the game we love to kids, because we love being around kids and we want to see our boys succeed. I think everybody needs to take a step back and really take a look at what your coach has done for your school and your community, I think EVERYBODY NEEDS TO DO THAT IN EVERY COMMUNITY!!!! Chances are your kids love their coach and what he does or has done for them, so learn a lesson from your kids and pat your coach on the back, because trashing him will only lead you down a road you don't want to go. See yall next year at "THE NEST!" :lol:

Pretty good post Bigblue, coaches are the only one's who truely understand what coaches go through. Every single one of um has problems. Some have more than others. I've been around this for many years and it really always comes down to the paretns, when you have graet parents ,you'll have great teams. Hampton had a good year so they must have had good parents. Leadership is what seperates good from great, kids who don't have great leadership at home are hard to lead in the classroom or on the field. Hampton was just a few kids shy of greatness. Still had a very successful season.

I really don't get all the coach-bashing going on here. Coach Lunceford has done a great job while at Hampton, and he did a remarkable job at Cloudland. Sure, there are things that at the time I questioned, but I'm sure he had valid reasons, which we as fans aren't privy to. Rockwood just outplayed Hampton friday night, plain and simple. It their night, much as I wish it otherwise. This has been, for the most part, a very hard-working group of seniors this year, and they made it to the state quarter-finals, for pete's sake. People need to stop pointing fingers, congratulate them for a great year, and move on. Next year will come, then the next, and so on. I learned long ago not to dwell on bad losses, you can stay very depressed for too long if you don't. Personally I will continue to support the coach at Hampton,he's done nothing but win wherever he's been. What more can you say?

I bet that 09 and tyler was standing right beside Lunce applauding his coaching style when they were winning 10 games with very average talent and far below average speed but that shows just how classy the true Hampton fans are and we never ran Lunce off. All of Roan Mtn would love to have him back so we could be the team winning 10 games and be in the third round of the playoffs. Oh yea I think Hampton has been in the fourth round 3 of the last 5 years and how many passes did Rockwood attempt and complete the other night. I only remember1. Lunce come back home. This is the way Hampton fans will always treat you. WE miss and love you.

WOW!!!!! I was just trying to kick Hampton after a loss. I didn't know there was trouble up on the mountain. You guys have done a good job keeping your squabbles quiet this year, especially about your transfer QB that you don't care much for. I still dislike Hampton, because you guys hated us first. However, I hate to see the discontent and squabbling in any program. I hate that for you guys, hope things get worked out, or the ones causing the squabble get worked out of the program. Good luck in the off season. You get out of it, what you put into it, that's been said earlier by one of your biggest supporters.

Ah, I think its like Hawkman said, the majority of people at Hampton are behind the coach. Its sort of like being in a large croud and there is a couple of nuts in the croud, they really stand out. Things will be fine at Hampton, they may struggle to win as many games next season ,but I think this team will be much more disaplined. If you look at what any coach in this area has achieved, he would be at the very top. Deep in the playoffs with three different teams. That should sum it up. Its not hard to find winners, Carter at SS has done an exelent job, looks like Witten may be onto something at Betsy,I'm really impressed with Case at WG, but Hampton has a proven winner. Been there ,done that several times.

I bet that 09 and tyler was standing right beside Lunce applauding his coaching style when they were winning 10 games with very average talent and far below average speed but that shows just how classy the true Hampton fans are and we never ran Lunce off. All of Roan Mtn would love to have him back so we could be the team winning 10 games and be in the third round of the playoffs. Oh yea I think Hampton has been in the fourth round 3 of the last 5 years and how many passes did Rockwood attempt and complete the other night. I only remember1. Lunce come back home. This is the way Hampton fans will always treat you. WE miss and love you.

Hard to say what might happen at Cloudland, but the JR high just keeps sending up winners, I'm sure ALOT of people would like to see him back at the helm, can't say I'd mind it myself. Love these kids my son plays with ,its a special group with great parents, they could be the next big thing.Only time will tell.