ROCKWOOD@HAMPTON

BDF36

Rockwood had another good back this season in Dillon Deardorff. I think he was Rockwood's leading rusher when he suffered a knee injury somewhere around week 4. That's part of the reason Inman doesn't have 1,000 yards is they are so balanced. They had nights early on that they'd rush for 250-300 yards as a team and no individual would have 100 yards.

Deardorff got hurt 2 days before the Grace game......at the time he was also leading the team in receptions and was tied with Ian Walls for the lead in tackles.....and Rockwood has gone 7-1 without him....that says a lot about the balance and depth of this team

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win tigers. Im glad you didnt listen to all the rednecks on hear all week saying yall didnt have a chance. Well it looks like old guys sitting in the endzone and a 260 pound line and a stupid cannon didnt do nothing for them. And i think TSSAA should look in who gets home games, cause hampton shouldnt be able to have one. Cause that had to be one of the worst high school football setups i have ever seen. And i guess O hater was right all week .

I'd like to know what was so bad about the Hampton set-up? You obviously haven't been to many small-school football games in the state, buster, because the set-up at Hampton is one of the better arrangements I've seen. The visitors have a good sized-section of bleachers all to themselves across the field, the concession stand is awesome, there's a track to get around the place on, and you couldn't asl for better natural beauty to put a school in than the valley of Hampton. I've been to all sorts of small schools where fans share a single side, there may be only 5-6 rows of bleachers, no track to walk on so there's mud and dirt all over, a mile hike to a concession stand, and the school is 5 miles off a cow-track. Is Rockwoods stadium so much better? I haven't been to Rockwood, so I don't know myself. but even if I had been there and didn't like it, I wouldn't get on here and belittle what they so obviously have done their best with.

Well all good things come to an end and I'm proud of the bulldogs. Idon't think this was a case of lack of effort. Ithink the boys played their hearts out. Rockwood was a better team than I thought they were and they came to win. We didn't have an awnser for um. Congrats to Rockwood, hopefully you can win next week. To all the Hampton seniors, really proud of you guys, I think you exceeded expectations. For the younger guys, its time to go to work. Next season will be here before you know it , you will be as good as the work you are willing to do. Again ,Congrats to Rockwood. Take it all the way.

Hey pujo,everyone knows i am a district 3 fan except for the GCA,but i did not comment on this game all week,i figured it to be all hampton,did not expect this one wow!good job tigers.hampton we down here in greenback have your respect good job this year!

I'm with you Skippy,all that can be said is ,Rockwood whipped us.As far as GCA goes, I'd say they'll get all they want next week. Its gonna be a spanking. People better spank um now because it won't be long before they do the spanking. Don't have any use for um. Maybe ,they'll man up and play with the privates ,thats exactly where they belong.

At least we're still playing = state semi-finals baby!!!!!!!! You got what your loud mouth deserved, I'm tired of being "nice", you ran your mouth and your stupid redneck "rail birds" ran their mouths, you got what was coming to you, a whooooooopppin' by a District 3 team. Good thing you were in a different District this year, the puppies wouldn't have made the playoffs in this strong district. Go start planning for next year.

Didn't they make the movie "The Best of Times" about Hampton. You remember, the one with Robin Williams and Kurt Russell. Those losers could never grow up either! They stayed in the same podunk town their whole lives, living on memories of their high school football team....... :lol::D:bored::D:D

Nice Win Tigers, I had Full Faith you would take it to these loud mouths!!!

Good win tigers. Im glad you didnt listen to all the rednecks on hear all week saying yall didnt have a chance. Well it looks like old guys sitting in the endzone and a 260 pound line and a stupid cannon didnt do nothing for them. And i think TSSAA should look in who gets home games, cause hampton shouldnt be able to have one. Cause that had to be one of the worst high school football setups i have ever seen. And i guess O hater was right all week .

I'd like to know what was so bad about the Hampton set-up? You obviously haven't been to many small-school football games in the state, buster, because the set-up at Hampton is one of the better arrangements I've seen. The visitors have a good sized-section of bleachers all to themselves across the field, the concession stand is awesome, there's a track to get around the place on, and you couldn't asl for better natural beauty to put a school in than the valley of Hampton. I've been to all sorts of small schools where fans share a single side, there may be only 5-6 rows of bleachers, no track to walk on so there's mud and dirt all over, a mile hike to a concession stand, and the school is 5 miles off a cow-track. Is Rockwoods stadium so much better? I haven't been to Rockwood, so I don't know myself. but even if I had been there and didn't like it, I wouldn't get on here and belittle what they so obviously have done their best with.

AMEN! dawgfan88

Bigsticklittle????#1

What I can’t figure out is, if you had a problem with our hospitality & our setup why didn’t you complain while you where here? Instead of waiting to hide behind a keyboard and at your place of solitude you ungrateful cow dung. I’ll tell you why!!! You’re just like hater you just couldn’t find anything in your lower regions to convince you too.

Rednecks, yep I can get rednecked with the best, this is redneck country, but rednecks can still have respect for there guest. I would rather be a redneck and look you in the eye and say what is on my mind, then to tuck tail and pop that thumb in your mouth like you have done.

Might want to look into changing your screen name,

It just doesn’t fit you… bigstick#1 :bored:

AMEN! dawgfan88

Bigsticklittle????#1

What I can’t figure out is, if you had a problem with our hospitality & our setup why didn’t you complain while you where here? Instead of waiting to hide behind a keyboard and at your place of solitude you ungrateful cow dung. I’ll tell you why!!! You’re just like hater you just couldn’t find anything in your lower regions to convince you too.

Rednecks, yep I can get rednecked with the best, this is redneck country, but rednecks can still have respect for there guest. I would rather be a redneck and look you in the eye and say what is on my mind, then to tuck tail and pop that thumb in your mouth like you have done.

Might want to look into changing your screen name,

It just doesn’t fit you… bigstick#1 :bored:

REDNECK??????!!!! YOU GOT THUMPED!!!! YOU WERE PROBABLY ONE OF THOSE "HIGH CLASS" FANS ON THE FENCE HECKLING A KID HALF YOUR AGE!!! AND CALLING OUT A FAN THAT MADE A COMMENT ABOUT YOUR STADIUM, WANTING TO FIGHT THEM? I WOULDN'T EXPECT ANYTHING LESS FROM THE FINE FOLKS IN HAMPTON!

NO NEED TO RESPOND ROCKWOOD FRIENDS, I GOT THIS ONE FOR YOU, YOU GUYS TAKE THE HIGH ROAD, I'M GOING TO ENJOY THE LOW ROAD FOR A WHILE!!!!

Silverandblue09 - 09 is that your birthday? Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Not by the likes of you :idea: THUMPED call it what you want take it any way you can get it.

a win is a win.

Yep! first time you’ve been in the semifinals since 1977 & luck was on RW side to make it to the final four enjoy it.

I gave my congratulation to the kids they are the one’s who deserve it.

not some 1 tooth mouth like you.

Yep we’ll be here next year as the year before and the one before that and so on.

Hope you make it again next year! oh! silverandblue09 didn't make it.

Glad you get to watch movies, maybe you should watch one next Friday.

So the low road is what you call it now. :lol:

And your sick with the kid thing get professional help. SICK-O- :huh:

Well RW with a fried like this, who needs ememies

To the true RW team, fans and coauches relly good luck in the game Friday it's been a long time coming

get rid of the jerks who say they are on you side. Untill Friday :idea:

Rockwood has a really good team and was really well coached. The offense they run is really hard to defend if you have not seen it. I think that was the difference in the game. I have no idea why Hampton never adjusted to the off tackle play to the right? Where on earth was the DE? As far as Hampton goes, they will never go past the 3rd round until the coaches realize that you have to be able to pass the ball as well as run it. Why in the world do you get the ball with over 5 minutes to go down 2 scores and then run it up the middle? This makes no sense! The only chance you had was to throw the ball. If I was the QB and realized that the coach had that little confidence in me, I would just say the heck with it! The coach must REALLY think you suck! The only chance you had was to pass the ball and Hampton ran it up the middle. Stupid IMO!

ive been a fan of the dogs for years even played for j.c. and in my opinion lunsford and his son can leave hampton..it seemed like friday night he was holdin them back i think one reason would maybe be because he didnt want this team to do better than his sons..why would he change the whole offense like the saying if it isnt broke than dont fix it.now i know why he got ran out of roan mountain.waY TO GO MR.NOT IT ALL LUNSFORD AND LITTLE SONE MICHEAL...you coast the boys a heck of a season.to all the players it was a pleasure watching you all play this year.. :flower:

ive been a fan of the dogs for years even played for j.c. and in my opinion lunsford and his son can leave hampton..it seemed like friday night he was holdin them back i think one reason would maybe be because he didnt want this team to do better than his sons..why would he change the whole offense like the saying if it isnt broke than dont fix it.now i know why he got ran out of roan mountain.waY TO GO MR.NOT IT ALL LUNSFORD AND LITTLE SONE MICHEAL...you coast the boys a heck of a season.to all the players it was a pleasure watching you all play this year.. :flower:

He could have changed the offence because the QB made some really bad desisions, half the teachers and people at Hampton wouldn't even pull for Hampton because of his actions on and off the field. His Father stood over on the sidelines and cussed the Coach the whole game, wonder why he left Elizabethton. This team just wasn't as good as the 07 team, just didn't have the playmakers. If you will check the winning percentage of the former coach and the guy coaching now ,you will see the Coach you have now has a lot better winning percentage. Before the coach left Cloudland ,they had beat Hampton on a regular basis, Cloudland hasn't beat them since. You might ought to check you're facts before you start spewing trash. If you are lucky,he'll be there for a few years, if not ,get used to winning about half you're game again. The big winning run started the year he joined up with Hampton. GET REAL. Its not real hard the check Hampton's record before and after he came there. It don't compare.

Blame the coaches? Blame the refs? Blame Blame Blame. Nice to see this is your 1st post.

Hey old tiger change your name to Sunbright old tiger please :flower: