ROCKWOOD@HAMPTON

BDF36

Bulldog50 don’t you or any of your team mates think that this lose is yours or the coaches fault you know me & I know you and just about everyone on the whole team and I think that you are 1 of the biggest bulldogs with the biggest heart. 2 lost games in the whole season is not to dang bad… So don’t beat yourself up over this, Remember you can not do anything about this game, but as of right now you can about next season, you have control of how you want next season to go.

Get with your team mates, hit the weights, run track do whatever it takes and now is the time to act and start for next year.

Remember Bulldog50: I know the JV does not get much credit, but the JV only lost 1 game this year and it was their very first game and after that you all won about 9 straight?

Build on that and look forward on what is to come, but it does not come with out a price you have to earn it.

Now as for coach bashing; ask yourself this! First “Do you know what it takes and what is sacrificed to be a coach” Have you ever been a coach? Do you know what a coach does and how much time is put into coaching? Do you know what a coach goes through from day to day? Remember after your day is done from work and you get to go home to be with your families, a coach won’t get to see his family for about another 4 hrs.

I know what it’s like, I did it for about 9 years and it is no picnic, but the seed that you sow is rewarding when you have at least 1 kid to come up and say thank you. You know you have made a difference in their life. It makes it all worth it.

Ok now for bad kids, I agree you are going to have them, but I don’t like the thought of just saying if you have a bad kid get rid of them, Is it not the coaches job to try to teach and learn these kids and turn them around you don’t just throw them out in the cold and I agree some just never see or get it, but still you have to try and I believe that Lunsford tried this, maybe that is why the position changes to place, you just don’t give up on these kids good or bad.

All the bashing is easy to speak when you just get out of the house for 1 day on Friday and sit in the stands and say if I was coaching I would have run this play, I would have let them pass the ball, why did he do that, well I say to you if you think it is that easy get up out of your seat, get a coaching job and try it just 1 time. Then and only then will you understand. And I am not trying to bash anyone, but just saying it looks easier said then done.

It is going to take us all at Hampton, The Coaches, the team, fans, students, and the community all as a whole to really make this program work and to take Hampton football way down the road

Everybody be true to your team 100% winning or losing, don’t just be there for the good, be there for the bad as well, don’t be what is called a fence jumper.

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving eat lots of Turkey :lol:

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulldog50 don’t you or any of your team mates think that this lose is yours or the coaches fault you know me & I know you and just about everyone on the whole team and I think that you are 1 of the biggest bulldogs with the biggest heart. 2 lost games in the whole season is not to dang bad… So don’t beat yourself up over this, Remember you can not do anything about this game, but as of right now you can about next season, you have control of how you want next season to go.

Get with your team mates, hit the weights, run track do whatever it takes and now is the time to act and start for next year.

Remember Bulldog50: I know the JV does not get much credit, but the JV only lost 1 game this year and it was their very first game and after that you all won about 9 straight?

Build on that and look forward on what is to come, but it does not come with out a price you have to earn it.

Now as for coach bashing; ask yourself this! First “Do you know what it takes and what is sacrificed to be a coach” Have you ever been a coach? Do you know what a coach does and how much time is put into coaching? Do you know what a coach goes through from day to day? Remember after your day is done from work and you get to go home to be with your families, a coach won’t get to see his family for about another 4 hrs.

I know what it’s like, I did it for about 9 years and it is no picnic, but the seed that you sow is rewarding when you have at least 1 kid to come up and say thank you. You know you have made a difference in their life. It makes it all worth it.

Ok now for bad kids, I agree you are going to have them, but I don’t like the thought of just saying if you have a bad kid get rid of them, Is it not the coaches job to try to teach and learn these kids and turn them around you don’t just throw them out in the cold and I agree some just never see or get it, but still you have to try and I believe that Lunsford tried this, maybe that is why the position changes to place, you just don’t give up on these kids good or bad.

All the bashing is easy to speak when you just get out of the house for 1 day on Friday and sit in the stands and say if I was coaching I would have run this play, I would have let them pass the ball, why did he do that, well I say to you if you think it is that easy get up out of your seat, get a coaching job and try it just 1 time. Then and only then will you understand. And I am not trying to bash anyone, but just saying it looks easier said then done.

It is going to take us all at Hampton, The Coaches, the team, fans, students, and the community all as a whole to really make this program work and to take Hampton football way down the road

Everybody be true to your team 100% winning or losing, don’t just be there for the good, be there for the bad as well, don’t be what is called a fence jumper.

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving eat lots of Turkey :roflol:

well said

I don't know why anyone would be criticizing coach Lunsford. As an outsider, two things I noticed about this year's squad compared to the teams I saw in 05, 06 and 07.

1- Not as big.

2- Not as fast.

Hampton is just like everyone else in that they are going to have a down year every now and then. A 10-2 down year isn't too bad.

First of all, Mike is a Great coach and I think little Mike is going to be a good one too. I like them both as coaches and as people! That being said, it makes no sense whatsoever to get the ball back with 5 mins to go and run the ball up the middle! You had to throw the ball, even if you wanted to throw short passes. Throwing the ball and getting out of bounds stops the clock. Throwing an incompletion stops the clock. Running it up the middle does not! It doesn't matter if you had the waterboy at QB, it had to be thrown. You may say that Hampton could not throw the ball but I think they could. I have seen Ward throw in warmups and he can throw the ball, but if you feel like he is so bad that you would rather lose the game than try it, you should move him back to WR and let Price come back to QB. At least you would have had a chance. Passing the ball is something that needs to be practiced in game situations. Instead of running it down the throats of teams like Unaka, hancock co, and North Greene, why not practice on your passing game. If you cannot beat North Greene by throwing it or running it, you need to quit anyway. Even if you have to take a loss early in the season to a non-conference team, you need to be ready to run and throw by playoff time. I said this before the playoffs even started, the power I with no WR's WILL NOT work against decent teams! You cannot play a good team at any level of high school football and basically tell them you are going run the ball and then be able to do it! To let another team be able to put 11 people in the box and you still be able to run it, you have to be playing a pretty bad team. Hopefully the coaches will learn something from this and will continue to get better as coaches than they already are. They are good coaches already but they can still improve. Hopefully if they don't feel comfortable passing the ball, they will look at teams that are succesful at it and take some things from those teams. If Hampton wants to take it to the next level, which means getting past the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the playoffs, this is somthing that must be done. Please don't take this as me bashing the coaches becasue I really think they have a great staff and Hampton is lucky to have them.

First of all, Mike is a Great coach and I think little Mike is going to be a good one too. I like them both as coaches and as people! That being said, it makes no sense whatsoever to get the ball back with 5 mins to go and run the ball up the middle! You had to throw the ball, even if you wanted to throw short passes. Throwing the ball and getting out of bounds stops the clock. Throwing an incompletion stops the clock. Running it up the middle does not! It doesn't matter if you had the waterboy at QB, it had to be thrown. You may say that Hampton could not throw the ball but I think they could. I have seen Ward throw in warmups and he can throw the ball, but if you feel like he is so bad that you would rather lose the game than try it, you should move him back to WR and let Price come back to QB. At least you would have had a chance. Passing the ball is something that needs to be practiced in game situations. Instead of running it down the throats of teams like Unaka, hancock co, and North Greene, why not practice on your passing game. If you cannot beat North Greene by throwing it or running it, you need to quit anyway. Even if you have to take a loss early in the season to a non-conference team, you need to be ready to run and throw by playoff time. I said this before the playoffs even started, the power I with no WR's WILL NOT work against decent teams! You cannot play a good team at any level of high school football and basically tell them you are going run the ball and then be able to do it! To let another team be able to put 11 people in the box and you still be able to run it, you have to be playing a pretty bad team. Hopefully the coaches will learn something from this and will continue to get better as coaches than they already are. They are good coaches already but they can still improve. Hopefully if they don't feel comfortable passing the ball, they will look at teams that are succesful at it and take some things from those teams. If Hampton wants to take it to the next level, which means getting past the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the playoffs, this is somthing that must be done. Please don't take this as me bashing the coaches becasue I really think they have a great staff and Hampton is lucky to have them.

Tyler is a true Hampton fan and just wanted to win ,nothing wrong with that. We were really lucky that Ward and Jones came out ,if not we would have had 0 passing game. We still wern't a passing team. Isaw Trousdale win the state last season and they didn't even attempt to throw a pass. They were a strong running team and if they didn't get a 1st down ,they would kick it a mile and stop you on defence. Ialso agree that at some point ,you have to take chances. I've got a feeling Hampton will throw the ball more next season, Ward if given time,can be a darn good qb, we need to find some speed at wideout. I'm already looking forward to next season,going to have to develope a few lineman ,but the rest should already be there.I've also got a feejing Hampton might just surprise a few people.

hamptons season is over thanks to the lunsfords...so this thread should be over with... :twisted:

They was sly devils scoreing on the opening posession, acting like they wanted to win. They had me fooled. Taking over the head coacxhing job was really smart ,they can be sure that no Hampton team will ever be able to outdo the teams that Michael played for. They have the bull by the horns now.Does seem like an awful lot of sacrifice just to make sure they don't do too well. Must be worth it.

hamptons season is over thanks to the lunsfords...so this thread should be over with... :twisted:

And also ,thanks to all the hard work put in by the players and coaches, Hampton was 10 and 2 and in the 3rd round. Alot of teams out there only dreams of that kind of success. Hampton has a solid program and they have learned how to prepare, they'll could have a loaded team just any time. Just a little shy this season. GREAT JOB.

Like I said before Mike is a great coach and most coaches around couldn't have got that team to 10-2. He was definately doing a LOT of things right. Saying that he is some how trying to perserve his son's record is silly! If Hamton would have won the State Championship the Lunsford's would have been the happiest 2 people you would be able to find. Both of them! Mike didn't really even like to throw the ball a whole lot when lil Mike was there. I thought he should have thrown it more then! He just doesn't like to throw it for some reason? Maybe he is just old school? I just wish he would have developed more of a passing game this year. It would have really opened up the run with that line. I would have loved to have seen what the running game could have been like if teams didn't know it was coming every down.

Like I said before Mike is a great coach and most coaches around couldn't have got that team to 10-2. He was definately doing a LOT of things right. Saying that he is some how trying to perserve his son's record is silly! If Hamton would have won the State Championship the Lunsford's would have been the happiest 2 people you would be able to find. Both of them! Mike didn't really even like to throw the ball a whole lot when lil Mike was there. I thought he should have thrown it more then! He just doesn't like to throw it for some reason? Maybe he is just old school? I just wish he would have developed more of a passing game this year. It would have really opened up the run with that line. I would have loved to have seen what the running game could have been like if teams didn't know it was coming every down.

Very few teams are ever good enough to just run the ball and win deep in the playoffs, Trousdale done it last season and SP did it several years back. This team didnt do a good job of protecting the QB and that may have been one reason we didn't throw it every down late in the game, Mike thinks the world of Dillion and the kid is a great basketball player, I do think if they can pass block a little better and find a little speed that can catch,they may air it out more next season. Dillion threw some catchable balls the other night,but we didn't help him much, dropped several. He also had alot of pressure when he dropped back and either got sacked or had to take off with it. He should get alot of reps in the off season, think he could be pretty special. Probably needs to hit the weights as soon as basketball is over. You are right about one thing, Mike don't go to lose.Don't know how many games Hampton will win next season ,but Ithink they will be a much more disaplined bunch , that in itself means ALOT. I'm looking forward to it already.