LOUDON @ ALCOA II

footballmomtn

Congrats to both teams, sounds like it was a great game. High fives to Loudon for standing in there and playing tough. Happy to hear someone was still in the game with Alcoa at the start of the 4th Qtr. Even happier that it was another district 4 team. Now I hope the Tornadoes win another gold ball, so CAK and Loudon can continue to "ride on Alcoa's coat tails" (directed towards poster from another part of the state) :|

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Loudon for a great season and an excellent team! The game was a lot closer than the score showed. Loudon made Alcoa earn every point. The Redskins have the best line that Alcoa has played. Very impressive.

Footballmomtn, I noticed your son, #69.............he played a great game! :thumb:

I agree with that statement; he did play an excellent game. Mom, come to Elizabethton and I will treat you and your son to a burger or a dog. Friday night football doesn't have to end now, come cheer us on. Thanks for your comments about sportmanship and T-Rob; he is a great young man and will go far in his career.

Congrats to Loudon for a great season and an excellent team! The game was a lot closer than the score showed. Loudon made Alcoa earn every point. The Redskins have the best line that Alcoa has played. Very impressive.

Footballmomtn, I noticed your son, #69.............he played a great game! :roflolk:

thank you BC :thumb: I am extremely proud of him as well as the rest of "my boys" on the team!

Cory played last night with an injured shoulder, talk about determination...lol. he had shoulder surgery at the end of last season for a torn labrium and torn bicep.....looks like he re-injured it against Bledsoe and we will find out monday how badly.

I pray he doesnt have to have to have surgery again!

has anyone seen the photo in todays knoxville news sentinel on PX3...??????????

Now I am not trying to take away anything from Alcoa, but this is a fine example of how the TSSAA needs to do something about the officials they hire for these games! In this picture, the caption reads "Alcoas JaRon Toney stiff-arms Loudon defender Dejay Johnson" and you can CLEARLY see that Toneys thumb was hooked in Dejays facemask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was just ONE of SEVERAL "missed calls" and to see it captured on camera and posted in the paper!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Holy cow it is unbelieveable!

It was also brought to my attn that a coach from Alcoa approached Loudons coaching staff and asked that they "ALLOW TONEY ONE MORE TD SO HE CAN BREAK THE RECORD"???????????

That is also unbelieveable!

Toney got his record, and Alcoa got their win.....for both I am happy for them. But I wanted to share this with everyone that reads this board. We lost, end of story, but wow....thats really all i can say at this point. Its disappointing.

I will agree there were missed calls on both sides of the ball, and this isn't the first game I've seen that happen. Refs are humans, and humans do make mistakes.

Oh, and I don't believe Toney has broken the record...he tied it last night.

Loudon played an unbelievable game and really held on tough until the end.

How could an Alcoa coach have asked the Loudon coach for 1 more td? I'm assuming you're thinking one of our coaches in the pressbox approached the Loudon coach. Sorry, I find that hard to believe when Toney will get another crack at it next week. It's not like it was the last game of the year. Plus, I'd like to believe our coaches have more class than that. If it's one thing I've learned in my 50+ years on this earth, it's that there are always 2 sides to every story.

Unless I'm mistaken, if a runner with the ball is stiffarming his opponent, he is allowed to push on his facemask, as long as he doesn't grab the facemask and throw him down. You even see this on the college and pro level. In all my years of watching football, I've never seen the player with the ball charged with a facemask.

Now I am not trying to take away anything from Alcoa, but this is a fine example of how the TSSAA needs to do something about the officials they hire for these games! In this picture, the caption reads "Alcoas JaRon Toney stiff-arms Loudon defender Dejay Johnson" and you can CLEARLY see that Toneys thumb was hooked in Dejays facemask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was just ONE of SEVERAL "missed calls" and to see it captured on camera and posted in the paper!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It was also brought to my attn that a coach from Alcoa approached Loudons coaching staff and asked that they "ALLOW TONEY ONE MORE TD SO HE CAN BREAK THE RECORD"???????????

Toney got his record, and Alcoa got their win.....for both I am happy for them. But I wanted to share this with everyone that reads this board. We lost, end of story, but wow....thats really all i can say at this point. Its disappointing.

Missed calls are apart of football. Refs are humans and they make mistakes on both sides. Nobody is perfect especially in game that's as fast paced as football.

Also if you even believe half way that anyone would ask another Coach to allow another TD so someone could break or tie a record then you're insane. I think someone is just trying to find things to complain about now that their season is over

To post this on a public forum.....I hope this is 100% fact that the key word being "ALLOWED"?

Can you tell me where you heard this? Straight from a Loudon Coach?

Which Alcoa coach asked this?.......And the Alcoa coach came to Loudon's sideline to say this?

I have a hard time believing Loudon Players and Coaches "let" or "allow" Toney to score his last touchdown. It was a great run. It would be a shame if this is not 100% fact to tarnish a great game and great accomplishment for JaRon Toney on a public high school football forum.

My thoughts is Alcoa coaches may have discussed with Loudon coaches why JaRon Toney was still in the game late in the 4th quarter with the game out of reach for Loudon? And explaining the goal was to help Toney get a TN record and not just running up the score.

Missed calls are apart of football. Refs are humans and they make mistakes on both sides. Nobody is perfect especially in game that's as fast paced as football.

Also if you even believe half way that anyone would ask another Coach to allow another TD so someone could break or tie a record then you're insane. I think someone is just trying to find things to complain about now that their season is over

I am a Loudon Parent, but I totally agree! There is NO WAY Coach Rankin's staff would ask or Coach Harig's staff would allow either team to tarnish a record so highly coveted. Both staff's and players are way too competitive for that. All of the TD's have come at the hard work of all blockers Lineman , Wideouts, and that beast of a Fullback plus Toney's ability. When he scored the last TD Loudon was trying their best to prevent it, but obviously they were exausted both physically and emotionally.

As for Refs sometimes you get the calls and sometimes you don't. In the end most times it comes out in the wash.

Most importantly we are trying to build character and good young men through the sport of football.

What kind of lesson are we teaching them if we tell them they were cheated by refs?

They all will face adversity at some point, I want these young men to face the challenges that come their way head on and make no excuses!

The kids from Loudon don't need any excuses for last night. They gave every bit of effort they had and that is all anyone could ever ask.

As for the Alcoa kids, I talked to several of them after the game (#89, #1, #2) they were very classy and respectful. I couldn't count the number of times they said yes sir or no sir when I talked to them.

This is what I would expect while talking to kids from a championship caliber team with great discipline.

I am a Loudon Parent, but I totally agree! There is NO WAY Coach Rankin's staff would ask or Coach Harig's staff would allow either team to tarnish a record so highly coveted. Both staff's and players are way too competitive for that. All of the TD's have come at the hard work of all blockers Lineman , Wideouts, and that beast of a Fullback plus Toney's ability. When he scored the last TD Loudon was trying their best to prevent it, but obviously they were exausted both physically and emotionally.

As for Refs sometimes you get the calls and sometimes you don't. In the end most times it comes out in the wash.

Most importantly we are trying to build character and good young men through the sport of football.

What kind of lesson are we teaching them if we tell them they were cheated by refs?

They all will face adversity at some point, I want these young men to face the challenges that come their way head on and make no excuses!

The kids from Loudon don't need any excuses for last night. They gave every bit of effort they had and that is all anyone could ever ask.

As for the Alcoa kids, I talked to several of them after the game (#89, #1, #2) they were very classy and respectful. I couldn't count the number of times they said yes sir or no sir when I talked to them.

This is what I would expect while talking to kids from a championship caliber team with great discipline.

Nothing else needs to be said on this...except great post :bored: