LOUDON @ ALCOA II

footballmomtn

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice for this to be a close game and I hope it is for both teams. But I haven't seen Loudon able to generate any points against Alcoa in the last several meetings. Earlier this year, Loudon played a good game (except for some questionable tackling) and held it to 21-0. I could see this game going 2 totally different ways, but either way, Alcoa wins. First, I think Alcoa slept through the bulk of the first meeting. Not a good night for the Tornados. Eventually the talent gap and depth took over, but not their best game. I could see a scenario where Alcoa comes in and completely dominates this game.

On the other hand, the very fact that I don't think Alcoa feels as though they have been challenged in the last several meetings with Loudon could play in Loudon's favor. If the Tornados don't take this game very seriously, Loudon could keep it closer than most people expect; they do have a fine team.

I think most likely, given that this is a 3rd round game, the Alcoa players will come out sharp and focussed and put this one to bed early.

Good luck to both teams and here's hoping for a safe, clean, injury free game for everyone.

Don't look like anybody thinks Loudon has a shot at this one. That makes me wish Polk would have won last weeks game. At least they would believe they could win. Loudon has a tough team with a lot of heart, but Alcoa is more than two hand fulls. Loudon keeps it close in the first quarter, say 7-7 at end of 1st quarter. However 21-7 at half. 42-14 at the end. Hope it is a better game than this. Loudon surprised Polk, do they got another one in them.

Don't look like anybody thinks Loudon has a shot at this one. That makes me wish Polk would have won last weeks game. At least they would believe they could win. Loudon has a tough team with a lot of heart, but Alcoa is more than two hand fulls. Loudon keeps it close in the first quarter, say 7-7 at end of 1st quarter. However 21-7 at half. 42-14 at the end. Hope it is a better game than this. Loudon surprised Polk, do they got another one in them.

Polk is a very fine team. Lots of class, but they are no Alcoa.

im pretty sure the only people in the state surprised by last weeks game were the polk fans and players. by numbers, loudon was an underdog, but by season and schedule and actual team, polk was the underdog. there wasnt many people north of benton surprised by loudon winning. polk had a good team, yes, but even if you would have made it to alcoa, they are way to slow. loudon is a bigger faster stronger team than polk. (proven). but alcoa is a faster team than loudon. and in football, thats the one thing you cant stop. so im pretty sure polk would have even more of a long shot to win than loudon.