Lexington at Giles Co

likearock

I doubt it. Didn't even fill the home side last week.

Football has lost some of its luster since the days when Lex was good every year. I can't explain it it just does not captivate the community as it once did. Could be the politics that have just eroded it over time?

That's probably one of many reasons.

A lot of kids that would have used to gone to Lexington now go to Scotts Hill, the Jackson privates, and the others.

Plus, I heard over the weekend Henderson Co. unemployment was 18%. I had no idea it was that high. There were probably people who wanted to be there who legitimately couldn't afford it.

I'm sure there are others too.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes unemployment is high but I dont think that is it. We had unemployment in the 70's and early 80's and people came out in droves. 5000 was not hard to do then.

I doubt it. Didn't even fill the home side last week.

Football has lost some of its luster since the days when Lex was good every year. I can't explain it it just does not captivate the community as it once did. Could be the politics that have just eroded it over time?

That's probably one of many reasons.

A lot of kids that would have used to gone to Lexington now go to Scotts Hill, the Jackson privates, and the others.

Plus, I heard over the weekend Henderson Co. unemployment was 18%. I had no idea it was that high. There were probably people who wanted to be there who legitimately couldn't afford it.

I'm sure there are others too.

Man you two guys or girls are killing my football high. We feel your pain over here also. Three plants closed and all the rest laid off a significant amount of workers so all we have is our kids and the sports they play. So Friday night is all about these young men and all the hard work they have put in during their work week. Both teams will give their all tonight and the team that wins will be making history no matter which team it is. GO BOBCATS!!!

I saw blown coverages twice on the same play in the secondary for Lexington last week. We were lucky that Page's QB didn't see them also. Lexington has a great coaching staff and I think they probably got that fixed before tonight, if not we are in for a long night. Lexington can eat up a ton of clock when they are hitting on all cylinders, so I'm going with

Lexington 21

Giles 17

Im from Giles Co and I talked to Bo yesterday..I told him keep his head up, don't worry about these haters and manage the clock and let the game come to you..My boy came through tonight Hi Haters :popcorneater:..Giles County fans please stop gettin on here braggin and not givin respect its the playoffs anybody can be upset trust.

Hey Solomon.....no BBWAHHAAWWAWW this time like after the Spring Hill game. G O GC!!!. Yes!! I AM riding their coattails just like you were riding Lexington's.

I listened to this game and I could not believe how many times Lexington jumped offsides...wish that could have happened last week. Giles absoluteley took over in the 4th Qtr. Lexington had a good game plan to control the clock...it just so happens that when you make mistakes against this team...you pay!

Lexington loaded up again against the run on the main running back Houston. Unfortunately...like I said...pick your poison

C'mon folks...what will it take for folks to realize that Bo is the best QB in the area. The local coaches and ours was included as saying he was the best around.....HE proved it and he was the difference maker.

Great job by the Bobcats and my only regret was that Crockett was not able to reach this far to play the Bobcats...but when you don't play the tough schedule...you always fall short.

Big red gets to take home the goat

Lexington had a great season and played hard...just overmatched...but congrats to the team