Huntingdon at Union City (Playoffs)

MisterObjective

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dominating performance by UC. Really held Holder and #19 in check all night except for that one TD run by Holder for 80 yds. UC did not pass once and only punted the ball once. No turnovers. What more could you ask for. Seemed like we had the ball the whole game, really chewed up the clock. I heard a quote tonight that was profound... the best defense is when your offense has the ball. Looked pretty sharp on both sides of the ball.

Great post Atlas. I like that Quote myself.

The fight on the field tonight between the huntingdon players was embarrassing. needs to be dealt with sternly. This was a school event and punishment should be administered accordingly to the instigator.

When I saw the fight on the field, I knew it'd be a long night for Huntingdon. Congrats to Union City! I hope you guys take care of business up in Wayne Co. next week and see you playing in Cookeville! Good Luck to the Tornadoes!!!!!

Well I Didn't Wanna Jump In Here Last Night And Steal The Flame From The Tornadoes While You Guys We're A Celebrating. Union City In My Mind Has Been Improving Year After Year Since Playing In Champ Game. And I Could See It As Well. Alot Of People Say You Don't Get Much Out Of A Jamboree Game, And I Could See Why They Say That. But This Season It Did Nothing But Prove To Me That Union City Was Gonna Be Special. And Gauging Union City By What The Rebels We're Able To Accomplish Gave Me The Inclination That Union City Would Win And Advance. You Tornadoes Have Really Got It Going On. And I Hope For A Gold Ball From It. Swo, P&G Best Of Luck To Ya! And Go Tornadoes! :thumb:

Well I Didn't Wanna Jump In Here Last Night And Steal The Flame From The Tornadoes While You Guys We're A Celebrating. Union City In My Mind Has Been Improving Year After Year Since Playing In Champ Game. And I Could See It As Well. Alot Of People Say You Don't Get Much Out Of A Jamboree Game, And I Could See Why They Say That. But This Season It Did Nothing But Prove To Me That Union City Was Gonna Be Special. And Gauging Union City By What The Rebels We're Able To Accomplish Gave Me The Inclination That Union City Would Win And Advance. You Tornadoes Have Really Got It Going On. And I Hope For A Gold Ball From It. Swo, P&G Best Of Luck To Ya! And Go Tornadoes! :thumb:

Best of luck to you Butchie and the rest of the Rebel faithful....We both got tough road games this week...Would be great to have the Tornadoes, Rebels, Milan and Liberty all playing for titles in a couple of weeks....

Congratulations to UC.. You just manhandled us last night. UC fans said to fear the veer but it's not the veer we feared but the people running it. The QB and Nicks just killed us all night. Ronnie Fairs is Mr. Football for sure. What a player. In regular season he came into the post game huddle and congratulated the Mustangs and was gracious last night along with all the UC players.

Great fans, good knowledgeable CoachT posters, and tough team. I look for UC to be in the title game for sure. The Pigskin Pals will definitely be in Cookeville pulling for UC.

To the Huntingdon Seniors, you had a good year. Thanks..

Folks, I know it takes winning four quarters in a football games.

A reminder, Union City was shcoking the "Stanges" and had them on the ropes the entire first half....U C 28, Hunt. 7...

Then things fell apart with Penalties and Huntingdon made agjustments and so did we which didn't help.

I will say this, Union City is in full strenght right now, playing the best they can play, found out last week we now have another freshman that has speed and can run back T D's.

We now have a total of at least 6 running backs plus our Q B and the throwing is better.

What is better is our defense.

In two weeks, we scored 89 points and allowed 7 on just one team.

I look for Union City to run the clock and manage their, not get in a hurry.

Take 12 to 15 plays to get down field or less.

Union City Takes this game by 10

Something like 35.....25

It should be fun....

"IF" Union City can win and things work out on the other side of the bracket, Union City COULD ????? be hosting a fourth round playoff game in Union City which I don't know if that has ever happened and if it has, it has been a long time.

Our Seniors knows what is at stake and will be out to hit you. Holder may run across a different Union City team this week that puts a little grass stains on his uniform.

I think everything i mentioned about except the score was true...wouldn't you say??