York Dragons @ Milan Bulldogs - Semi-Finals

Bulldog Fan #2

Polk would have been the fourth place team in Alcoa's district. They would have been first in probably all others, except for Milan's they would have probably finished behind them. Elizabethton would have probably beaten Polk also. They would have beaten Goodpasture and Cannon Co. I would say if Polk would have been in Sequatichie spot, they would have played Milan in the Semi's.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polk would have been the fourth place team in Alcoa's district. They would have been first in probably all others, except for Milan's they would have probably finished behind them. Elizabethton would have probably beaten Polk also. They would have beaten Goodpasture and Cannon Co. I would say if Polk would have been in Sequatichie spot, they would have played Milan in the Semi's.

IMO, if Polk or McMinn would have traveled to Goodpasture in the second round, I think they would have lost, especially McMinn. Maybe next year you should schedule some better teams besides SP and TC and you might be prepared to catch Loudon in the 2nd round. Beating up on bad teams by 40 every weak does not get you prepared for the playoffs. BTW, comparitive scoring does not work, SC vs. York there were three weeks and a 27 point turnaroud, and lost to CC by 22, then beat a team by 10 that beat CC by 9, a 41 point turnaround. Doesn't make a lot of sense does it? You can go to the Massey Ratings website if your interested and it will take you through 6 games and tell you Westy beat Riverdale, not happening, but according to your theory it could.

You missed my point all together. I am not trying to bash anyone, I am saying if York and their district opponets would have played some of these east teams they would not have faired as well. I know you are proud of your program, and you should be. Polk and McMinn Central were in a weak district overall, but those two teams were strong. Loudon, CAK, Austin East, and Elizabethton would have probably been a 20+ favorite against York. Your first round opponents were from a really weak district.

Sorry, but York would have probably beaten Central, but probably not Polk. Central and York had the same problem with depth, but York is more talented. I'm a Central fan, therefore I can say this. If Polk can beat S. Pittsburg, then you better bet they are pretty good. Polk just got outgame planned in there loss to Loudon.

I see your point, Polk did play some bad teams. Meigs Co. - Common opp.to York, McMinn Central, and Polk. Word of mouth and what I seen on film about York is how I draw my conclusion. I am not saying that York was not a good team, just I felt that Polk and MC could have beaten them. I also agree that different teams match up differently than others. You do however make a valid point when you look at Polk schedule, they played some weak teams. You cannot take away from their win over SP, which will probably be your 1A champs. I just cannot find a real quality win for York or Goodpasture either. Remember friend this is all opinion.

If Polk County was in another district, if York had to play someone else earlier, etc...you can throw out what ifs all night long so what about this one-What if McMinn Central had to rely just on Englewood/Etowah residents plus none who came in from other schools after beginning high school elsewhere?

I am glad there is so much interest in the York/Milan game, but we are 25 hours from the championship game. Let this thread die. As you can tell I am from York we lost. We could say all the ifs or buts we want to but we lost. I am very proud of our boys and what they were able to accomplish this season. I do wish it was York not Milan playing tommorow night but its not because when time ran out the scoreboard said York 15-Milan 43. All the interest should be on the Alcoa/Milan thread not this one. Maybe we can do this again next year, but there is a lot of football to be played before that could happen. All that can be said now to both team good game and best luck in your next game. For Milan thats tommorow night for York thats next Year!!! I really enjoyed reading all the post in this thread but it is time to let this one die.

No kidding. One poster from Englewood, or given their roster, maybe from Etowah, Athens, Decatur, Madisonville or somewhere in that vicinity, can't even let a game from the regular season go.

All that aside, everyone should respect York for going possibly as far as they could go this year given their semifinal opponent and playing to their potential.

I am glad there is so much interest in the York/Milan game, but we are 25 hours from the championship game. Let this thread die. As you can tell I am from York we lost. We could say all the ifs or buts we want to but we lost. I am very proud of our boys and what they were able to accomplish this season. I do wish it was York not Milan playing tommorow night but its not because when time ran out the scoreboard said York 15-Milan 43. All the interest should be on the Alcoa/Milan thread not this one. Maybe we can do this again next year, but there is a lot of football to be played before that could happen. All that can be said now to both team good game and best luck in your next game. For Milan thats tommorow night for York thats next Year!!! I really enjoyed reading all the post in this thread but it is time to let this one die.

this thread has been dead from the word go. :thumb:

Don't say York didn't play some decent teams now.

1.Smith County made it to the third round was 9-3 with one loss against York

2.Livingston made it to the forth round in 4A

3.Dekalb County made it the second or third round in 4A

4.Goodpasture was 9-2

5.Cannon County beat everyone and was named district champs

Plus York had to travel to every game of the playoffs which is not an easy task.

Every game York lost was played in the mud.....besides Milan.

You saw York's passing game it's hard to not be able to throw and win if you are them.

4.Goodpasture was 9-2

Plus York had to travel to every game of the playoffs which is not an easy task.

You saw York's passing game it's hard to not be able to throw and win if you are them.

Livingston and Dekalb both got put out 2nd round.

4.Goodpasture was 9-2

Mr. Fanatic needs to let the past stay there and start getting facts straight before he tries to sound smart. haha its over...go play basketball. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry. I also called a bounce pass on a wide receiver screen as a trick play when the officials let it go. By the way, it is easy to pass the ball from 20 to 20 if you are a good team. You guys are and you did. However, it is another to do it the redzone, and you guys could not and did not. Lots of great excuses though. "We did not execute." "If it weren't for those pesky turnovers." Our Defense had nothing to do with it. We are just a bunch of scrubs that got lucky I guess. Well we are still undefeated and playing for the championship. Yes you got dominated in the 2nd half. I call getting outscored 29-0 a total domination. Deal with it and move on. It is basketball season for you now.

Milan is good no doubt but this is for YOU! :thumb:

Here you go huf....you barely moved the ball between the 20's. Definately not in the red zone.

Cant wait for the excuses.."execution", "pesky turnovers", dominated up front on both sides of the ball, the "non existent" kicking game except the one kickoff, etc....what will it be?

I know the F5 D had nothing to do with it surely? Please talk about stuffing the run...Everyone there knew Alcoa was gonna run, Milan fills the box and they still ran the ball and won.

Your no longer undefeated and I am sure if Milan played in east tn. your chance of getting to the title game unblemished would have been probably (i said probably) different.

Yes I call getting beat 21-0 dominated (both halves). Deal with it and move on.

Its basketball season for you now.

You should try being more humble in your victory speeches as these type of comments will not come back to bite you. :thumb: