South Pittsburg AT Grace Christian

powerp

look as far as D-1 players go there is just not that many around its not just the players they look its also the competion they play. there just not that many good teams in 1a. there is not any big time players that will be playing this friday night good players yes but not next level. (sec) im mean really who is the best 1a team you guys have played this year?

we had 2 or 3 1a teams scheduled this year so really none of them

Besides Eagleville and Gordonsville in the playoffs we only played Lookout Valley and Whitwell in the regular season. All the others were 2A or 3A. Several next level players on a couple of those teams

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all words powerp, until I see it with my own eyes. I watched some of the SPitt videos on youtube last night. Nice job on those ZONEPIRATE. What I saw was a good, aggressive defense, and they do have some speed. We have enough speed to match what I saw, and a better O-line. It's supposed to rain here tomorrow, so the conditions might slow both teams down a bit.

I hope both teams show up and play like they both are capable of playing. If both teams do that, we're in for a great high school football game.

:thumb:^_^:thumb::lol: What is funny is that the videos you saw on youtube was of our 2007 state championship team unless Zone has put new ones online...I promise you that team would mercy rule your team this year so if you think your grace team could match the team speed of that team....well...Mckenzie thought they could to...Sp 52...Mckenzie 20...Enough Said

Grace is lucky they are not playing the 07 team, that was one of the beat teams I've seen and I've seen alot of um. They had power and speed to burn,and did I mention power. Their biggest weaknes was their waterboy,couldn't catch those boys to give um a drink. He did improve as the year went by.

Pujo, Old Pirate says Happy Thanksgiving and sorry your Bulldogs got beat last week. Dad burnit this year is about over and it's a long off season for us old cage rattlers. ^_^

It's all words powerp, until I see it with my own eyes. I watched some of the SPitt videos on youtube last night. Nice job on those ZONEPIRATE. What I saw was a good, aggressive defense, and they do have some speed. We have enough speed to match what I saw, and a better O-line. It's supposed to rain here tomorrow, so the conditions might slow both teams down a bit.

I hope both teams show up and play like they both are capable of playing. If both teams do that, we're in for a great high school football game.

:thumb:^_^:thumb::lol: What is funny is that the videos you saw on youtube was of our 2007 state championship team unless Zone has put new ones online...I promise you that team would mercy rule your team this year so if you think your grace team could match the team speed of that team....well...Mckenzie thought they could to...Sp 52...Mckenzie 20...Enough Said

yep...07 team. Wasn't even the same O or D we run now and very few of the same players....and yea...beat that team??? Not in 10 trys!!!

That was my point I was trying to make zone...that 07 team was men against boys...Robert would run over you and Rashawn was like the reggie bush of 1A!!! If they played this Grace team 10 times they would mercy rule them 10 times they were that good!! That team was bad news!! I think Terrell is the only starter left from that team...several guys started on kickoff and special teams but I was thinking just on the offensive or defensive side of the ball...Can not wait for Friday night now....Still can not believe you said your team could compete with the 07 team silverandblue....but people can dream ^_^

There's a new 5 pages everytime I post somthing. If GC makes mistakes then SP will apply the " Pirate rule". If GC plays a game with no mistakes then SP stil wins by 2 TD's. From what im hearing, GC is to slow to stop our offence. They got that QB and thats their only hope, just as long at they dont throw to Jones' side of the field. SP wins by a truck load. GC you need more time for your "Horns" to develope,you've gotten this far because you havn't played a real football team yet, and your about to come this friday. Sp will hit GC so hard that it might just "fixd up" their field. :thumb:

All words, and all hype. This guy won't even make the trip......blah, blah, blah. We've heard it for "5 pages", tired of it. Let's play.

Nice comeback.

As for our facilities, you're right RamProud, our facilities have served us well so far and we continue to improve each year. Its been said earlier, we don't have the availability of public funds to build our school and facilities.

Just remember when you get here, everything you see wasn't here a few short years ago. We didn't graduate our 1st class of seniors until 2005.

I think you will manage.

By the way, there's one hurd of livestock that will remain on the field, plowing up the turf for 48 minutes.

RAM PRIDE!!! 2 more days guys, looking forward to it.

This is the second reference to "no public funds" I've read from the GCA faithful & I've only hit a few pages here & there on this thread. Now you have our attention . . . everyone listen up. GCA the public schools from all over the state are ready to be educated about lack of funds from our private school brothers. :thumb:^_^

How's basketball practice, since Rockwood (District 3) knocked your butt out of the FOOTBALL playoffs??????????

Grace defeated Rockwood

Rockwood defeated OnEYEda

TEREFORE....

GRACE would beat OnEYEda!!!!!

Have fun with the long winter!!!!! ^_^:thumb::lol:

Fellers Old Pirate says the seniors have earned respect and will continue to build their legacy thru the playoffs. The SEC issue of why our players don't usually get recruited by major schools sometimes appears unfair and bias. However players have to have grades, size, speed and strength. The 08 seniors were dedicated in the weight room and some ran track to develop speed. The point is this, everyone has weaknesses and major schools tend to overlook 1A players with any. Now as for pointing out what is obvious weaknesses, that does not display disrespect. Take J. Blevins, he has consistantly out played his defensive teammates all year. If he had size................like J.Fennell, B. Mitchell, R. Robinson or S. Boles folkes would be a calling for sure and checking for grades. Now this smoke about key players gitting double teamed........don't wash with this OP. Fact is everyone in the house knows T.Rob is the offensive switch man and J.Blevins is the defensive player most all attempt to neutralize. Point is at the 1A level, yous better be "The Man" and have all the key items if large schools are to strongly recruit.

So OP you are saying bossbro wrong about Fennel getting double team.If not ,want are you saying?

Perhaps he has some but Old Pirate contends most teams have worried about the nose guard's play more than any other player. He has consistantly received special attention. Bossbro has his view of the game and other have theirs. OP says it would be a safe bet J.Fennell and B. Mitchell both give opposing coaches concern. Jest wonder about individual tackles and sacks for the Pirates?

yep...07 team. Wasn't even the same O or D we run now and very few of the same players....and yea...beat that team??? Not in 10 trys!!!

That was my point I was trying to make zone...that 07 team was men against boys...Robert would run over you and Rashawn was like the reggie bush of 1A!!! If they played this Grace team 10 times they would mercy rule them 10 times they were that good!! That team was bad news!! I think Terrell is the only starter left from that team...several guys started on kickoff and special teams but I was thinking just on the offensive or defensive side of the ball...Can not wait for Friday night now....Still can not believe you said your team could compete with the 07 team silverandblue....but people can dream ^_^

I've seen my team play 12 games this year, I'm TELLING you that what I saw on those videos wasn't going to kill this GCA team. You can say what you want, I'm just comparing what I saw to how our team is playing. I think you get your panties in a wad (no offense RamProud) everytime someone disagrees with your opinion or says something contrary to your position. If you don't like it, stay away from the boards, isn't that what you said to me over a week ago???

So you are saying the 2009 team is weaker and slower than the 2007 team on the videos? This is getting much better for the RAMS.....

Hey Silverandblue. How's things around Knoxville..only 2 days left to the big game. There seems to be lots of comparisons on here regarding our 2007 team and this years team. As an alumni and former player, I would honestly say our 2007 team would beat this years team by 2td's. Thats not to bad mouth this years team because they are a power house, they just play a different style of ball. With that being said, this years 2009 team is one of the best to ever play for the Pirates. After a slow regular season ending, they seemed to have now hit strive and are playing their best ball yet. I'm sure Grace is doing the same so I am looking forward to a great game. I do believe we will win the game, but I will hold my prediction until sometime tomorrow night. I plan on coming early. I may give you a call upon arrival if you are tailgating or just hanging out around the field. Go Pirates!!! Orange and BLACK FRIDAY is almost here!!!

There's a new 5 pages everytime I post somthing. If GC makes mistakes then SP will apply the " Pirate rule". If GC plays a game with no mistakes then SP stil wins by 2 TD's. From what im hearing, GC is to slow to stop our offence. They got that QB and thats their only hope, just as long at they dont throw to Jones' side of the field. SP wins by a truck load. GC you need more time for your "Horns" to develope,you've gotten this far because you havn't played a real football team yet, and your about to come this friday. Sp will hit GC so hard that it might just "fixd up" their field. :thumb:

All words, and all hype. This guy won't even make the trip......blah, blah, blah. We've heard it for "5 pages", tired of it. Let's play.

Don't read this post saturday if your "tired of it." If I was you I wouldn't even log on. I will be at the game, im ridding with my buddies from school. Heck, half our town will be there. Maybe GC can make enough money from the gate to replace them goats with some "rams" :thumb:

I called Murphy this afternoon. He looked up the Knoxville area tv station websites for me. Murphy told me that the only chance of rain was a 20 % chance that a couple of them predicted. He told me there was a chance of some real light rain or flurries. SP has played a bunch of games on wet fields this year anyway. If that field at Grace is real wet then someone is making it wet. You think im joking because I am not. These Grace boys are big and strong boys and might be the best boys we have played this year. That Campbell boy is a real strong boy and I think he might run a real fast 50 yard dash. Murphy told me that he predicts SP will win the game by 2 scores. Murphy told me that the SP team would be the best team Grace has played this year. The boys at SP better do a good job at knocking a hole for the runners to run through or we might get beat. Let me ask you a question. Does anyone know if Grider is putting that big Fennell boy on that big ole boy for Grace and making him guard him? I garuntee you that my SP boys will play hard but I do not know if we will win or not. I hope we do win the game though. Let me ask you Grace people a question. Will the ladies at your concession stand give me hot water for my thermos so I can mix up my hot cocoa on Friday night? It will be real cold at this game and I will need my hot cocoa to keep me warm during the game. I have not been to your concession stand before so I did not know if your ladies were real nice and would give me hot water for my thermos or not.

Figured I would post a nice, non-trash talk post for once :thumb:So I want to hear from Grace as well as our own fans.....Who is a player or players on your team that maybe does not get the recongition that they deserve, but goes out and plays with 110% of their ability and leaves it all on the field and never complains about playing time or anything? I will throw 3 names out for our team...First is #30 Josh Wilson, Coach Wilson's son, I believe he is our long snapper and plays some on the line but does not get much playing time as of right now, but I have been in the school system and this young man is very intelligent and always does what he is told and is a great student of the game. My second player is #42 Josh Parker. Now he is a starting linebacker and will come up and flat out hit you...Gets a lot of comparrisons to Ronnie Lott the way he hits....He is the type of person you love to have on your team who gives up his body to inflict a gigantic hit on the other team...My last person is #24 Johnny Sellers. What can I say about Johnny....First he is a freak of nature...never seen a highschool player ripped with as many muscles at an early age as this kid...He is quiet spoken and goes about his business and does not mind waiting his turn...He could be the starting tailback at anyother school but is second string right now behind junior Raquis Hale...Johnny has had some big games for the Pirates already in his young career and I am sure he will have many more...So to these young men....I salute ya :thumb:

I have one for you: Big Number 74 T Griffith offensive line. Tyler just keeps pushing his man sideways. Late in the game I've seen him barely lifting himself off the ground as he looks downfield at the runner he just sprang free crossing the goal line. He, like all on this team have heart. Heart, the will to win and speed are some things you can't coach. That is one of the things that makes this team special, they have all that. There is not one selfish player on the squad. Pirates let's show Grace what the 2009 South Pittsburg Pirates are made of. Remember what the ride home from Trousdale felt like last year and keep your eyes on your goal. We are so proud of you!!