South Pittsburg AT Grace Christian

powerp

Everybody for the past two years has talked about the lack of class/discipline shown by GCA. Tonight was just another example. I know most of the folks at Grace are good folks, but they need to take a serious look at their athletic programs. Whoever is in charge at Grace needs to make some changes. It's a shame that a few bad apples are making Grace Baptist Church look so bad. Their football team and last year's basketball team isn't what they need to be remembered for, but their sports teams are giving them a black eye. They remind me of Miami's football teams of the 80s and 90s.

Amen and Amen.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murcy rule... all that is need to be said. Also, personally I think this 2009 sp team could stand Toe to Toe with the 07 pirates. We will win the gold ball this year, I can promise all of you that. As for next year we will have even more tallent come out, We will continue to win this Gold ball untill Sp moves up a divsion. Even then it still would be possible, just got to get past them trousdale folks. I haven't seen a good 1-a team to even stand against the pirates. Sorry to say it, but all of you know its true.. good luck GC with your football program, hope to lay down the murcy rule on ya next year, untill then cya. :thumb:

Well props to South Pitt, they played with alot of class....as for the fans, I have never seen such lack of class and composure. It is the typical fans who live in the past because their lives are not so great. Those players actually played with class, but those fans were just what I expected... They can drag their sorry behinds back and go make their little iron skillets, work at Wal-Mart and think how good they...o w8 sorry, their team did. :thumb::thumb::thumb: It must be sad deep down to be a South Pitt Fan.

Your whats sad. Are you number 5's momma or something?

You know i hope you are happy with this last post about number five eric williams, his mother died two years ago in a car wreck, i am from grace. SP is a very good team and would do well at any level, but number 5 is a very good kid just has some anger problems, which are understandable with his situation, i wish that parents would stop getting on here like you, and talking bad about kids and hoping their players back their smack talk up, its bad when the kids have better class then the fans and they are 18 years old. i am not excusing any of graces actions but SP fans are just continuing to show their lack of class. before you start talking about a kid and their moms, make sure you know the facts and act with some class.

You know i hope you are happy with this last post about number five eric williams, his mother died two years ago in a car wreck, i am from grace. SP is a very good team and would do well at any level, but number 5 is a very good kid just has some anger problems, which are understandable with his situation, i wish that parents would stop getting on here like you, and talking bad about kids and hoping their players back their smack talk up, its bad when the kids have better class then the fans and they are 18 years old. i am not excusing any of graces actions but SP fans are just continuing to show their lack of class. before you start talking about a kid and their moms, make sure you know the facts and act with some class.

I was just responding to the DISRESPECTFUL post THAT YOUR GUY put up. I didn't down the boys momma either...i ask if that poster was...because he was as disrespectful as 5 was. :thumb:

SO BITE ME. :thumb:

PS: not from SP :thumb:

Congrats to the Pirates after getting off too a terrible start. It was looking ugly, but we settled down and took the fight to them. Now onto the Grace team. Pujo, you were right. This was the dirtiest classless, coaches and players I have ever seen. I would like to know how many personal fouls they had. As for #5, this kid doesn't deserve to play the game. He was cheap shotting all night long. Alot of stuff didn't get called on him. When he hit our extra point holder, he went to the sideline and their coach sent him back in on the next play. Coach McKamey should be held responsible for some of this. Heck, Coach Grider benched one of our best d lineman for jumping offsides and this kid gets sent back into the game after commiting a horrible personal foul. You guys got what you deserved tonight. They were introduced to smash mouth football. Im just glad none of our players got ejected.

I was just responding to the DISRESPECTFUL post THAT YOUR GUY put up. I didn't down the boys momma either...i ask if that poster was...because he was as disrespectful as 5 was. :thumb:

SO BITE ME. :thumb:

PS: not from SP :thumb:

you have way to much fun on here obviously you live your life through high school sports and coacht

Awwwwww smack talk hahahahaha! no This will be my last post, I'm #75 for grace, I was on the field while South Pitt players helped me up or a "good game" or "good play." I have a lot of respect for those players. The fans really gave South Pitt a bad image. My family was in the middle of prayer along with the rest of the stands and South Pitt fans were calling us "born losers." You see, as an adult, you have to have respect for 15,16,17,18 year olds giving their hearts out, and SP fans showed the class of exactly what I thought they would be, old rednecks. It has been a lot of fun at Grace, we have gotten a bad image, but 99.9% of the players are good christian men. It has been a good fun career for me, and I hope one day South pitt will see, that there is something beyond High School Football. Everyone played their hearts out and Grace, we had a great year! :thumb:

This coming from a loser, of course!!

Awwwwww smack talk hahahahaha! no This will be my last post, I'm #75 for grace, I was on the field while South Pitt players helped me up or a "good game" or "good play." I have a lot of respect for those players. The fans really gave South Pitt a bad image. My family was in the middle of prayer along with the rest of the stands and South Pitt fans were calling us "born losers." You see, as an adult, you have to have respect for 15,16,17,18 year olds giving their hearts out, and SP fans showed the class of exactly what I thought they would be, old rednecks. It has been a lot of fun at Grace, we have gotten a bad image, but 99.9% of the players are good christian men. It has been a good fun career for me, and I hope one day South pitt will see, that there is something beyond High School Football. Everyone played their hearts out and Grace, we had a great year! :thumb:

Perhaps no one realized that there was a prayer meeting going on in the stands at a state semi-final game. Regardless, they need to teach their youth how to step down of the cloud once in a while instead of being so pious. FYI, the Dr. that helped number 6 of of the field at the goal line used to strap it on and play for the Pirates in days before the Play-Off system. There are quite a few former Pirates around the country and world doing different things in all walks of life. Doctors, lawyers, scientists, engineers, teachers, soldiers, preachers, police detectives, carpenters . . .

Aw....Just got home from knoxville....what can I say?? Grace....told ya so :thumb: I knew what was coming and so did many Pirate fans....Why was yalls field so wet??Trying to wet it down to slow our speed?? Its ok we dried it up in a hurry with our after burners!!! I stood by and talked to a senior from CAK the whole night and he told me that alot of teams did not like Grace and that they dumped sewage on the their sideline before they played....No wonder no one likes them....anyways....Pirates...one win away from yet another gold ball....stay hungry and lets go take it!!!!!!!We have a physical Union city team to play that likes to run!!!

Congrats to the Pirates after getting off too a terrible start. It was looking ugly, but we settled down and took the fight to them. Now onto the Grace team. Pujo, you were right. This was the dirtiest classless, coaches and players I have ever seen. I would like to know how many personal fouls they had. As for #5, this kid doesn't deserve to play the game. He was cheap shotting all night long. Alot of stuff didn't get called on him. When he hit our extra point holder, he went to the sideline and their coach sent him back in on the next play. Coach McKamey should be held responsible for some of this. Heck, Coach Grider benched one of our best d lineman for jumping offsides and this kid gets sent back into the game after commiting a horrible personal foul. You guys got what you deserved tonight. They were introduced to smash mouth football. Im just glad none of our players got ejected.

Now the rest of the story, after they have ran the score up on pitiful team over the past 2 seasons,their Coach is goona cry about the fashion in which you beat them.

I'm sure Grace is a good school and has a ton of really good people, but they need to do something about the class and integrity of their sports programs. Its giving alot of good people a bad name. Over the years I've watched alot of teams around the state,this has got to be one of the worst bunches I've witnessed. It all comes down to their leadership. They had a GREAT coach in Coach Satterfield ,they got rid of him ,Ithink they lost that trade. This one will recruit and if they keep him ,Ifully expect them to become a powerhouse , it won't be because of the great coaching ,It'll be because small schoolls won't be able to match their talent.

Great job tonight Pirates after a horrible start. You found the composure you have had all year and completely dominated the game after falling into a 13-0 hole. Lets stay focused and get ready for Union City. As for #5, a horrible tragic accident that happened two years ago is "NO" reason for his eratic behavior on the field. Cheap shot after cheap shot, then he goes to the sideline and the coach is clapping and patting him on the back. It's obvious why Grace has the reputation it does. When you see it first hand, it's hard to deny. Anyway, enough of that, we have bigger and better things to move onto. Congrats on a good season, enjoy basketball Rams!!

Silverandblue, my hats off to you for your class and realization of what everyone saw on the field tonight. It's been good talking to you this week. I will keep you up to date from Cookeville next week.

Congrats to South Pitt on a great game. You guys are for real.. I hope you do win it all.. As for GCA being class less, you S. Pitt people need to take a long look in the mirror, your fans don't know how to be just supporters of your team... Standing on the fence and sitting in the stands talking smack to a bunch of teenagers! Wow you should really be proud of yourselves.. And you guys should know that there was alot of talking between both teams.. Its not just Grace, yes the GCA kids play with a lot of passion, but just remember they are kids and kids make mistakes, ( yes even your little angels in South Pitt). As for all the bashing of number 5.. I happen to have a very close relationship to this kid, he has a great heart and has made leaps and bounds with his temper since last year. And until you know the whole story about someone, you should not pass judgement. I guarantee that most people would totally give up on life if they had been through what this kid has been through.. And he is just a kid. I hope all of you feel better after you get on here and vent about the actions of teenagers.. I bet you never did anything wrong in your life! And for the other GCA posters on here, if you are truly GCA family then you know the williams kid and some of his story, so just stop and think before you get on the bash wagon. As for the coaches at GCA, those guys give everything they have into that program, they lose time with thier famlies, with little compensation, and have built a pretty darn good football team in just three years.. Grace is a great place, we just have to remember that we are one big family, and to continue to grow we must work together.. If someone does have problems with the coaches then go to them and talk about it... You will probably find that there is alot more to coaching than sitting at a computer and sayng what should have been done, etc. Again Congrats to the players and coaches from South Pitt, you are a very good football team and a classy bunch of guys.....