Alcoa @ Elizabethton--Semifinal

Tornado89

I really believe this group of cyclones has the oppertunity to Shock The Football World. To this group of seniors just remember what football means to you.

WHAT FOOTBALL MEANS TO ME

FOOTBALL IS: A BROTHERHOOD ON AND OFF THE FIELD. BELIEVING. THE FIRST HIT OF THE GAME. TEAM FIRST. A BATTLEFIELD. A STREET FIGHT. THE FEELING INSIDE WHEN YOU LAY SOMEONE OUT. THE SILENCE BEFORE THE STORM. SEFL-DISCIPLINE. 6,000 FANS FOR A SCHOOL WITH 800 STUDENTS. AN ENTIRE YEAR IN THE WEIGHT ROOM. WORKING THROUGH THE PAIN. DOING IT FOR ALL THE PLAYERS WHO WORE THIS UNIFORM BEFORE YOU. MANHOOD. TWO-A-DAYS IN THE 100 DEGREE HEAT. SACRIFICE. WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT 24/7/365. GOING THROUGH THE STROM. THE SILENCE ON THE BUS. THE CROWD SO LOUD YOU CAN’T HEAR YOURSELF THINK. STATE. NO EXCUSES. FOOTBALL IS EVERYTHING.

ELIZABETHTON CYCLONES 2009

GO CYCLONES!!!!

EHS 24

AHS17

Is that a Haiku?

Red Rebel: Apparently you are unfamiliar with the rules for a Haiku. Let me know if you need help reading the directions to the stadium.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"orangeworker" dont worry about "red rebel" or "BCsportsfan". red rebel is only pullin for alcoa because they beat his boys. and BC is jus immature. let the f5 roll on in, weve got plenty of storm chasers. i think they have a few too, just not enough. ill go with my home town boys in this one. :twisted:

elizabethton-24

alcoa-21

This is even more fun than the Bell County (KY) thread. I never knew a giant wooden spoon could elicit this type of reaction. My dad is originally from rural Elizabethton, and I have tons of cousins and aunts and uncles up there and they don't hate spoons. I even have one cousin who is a Carter County Commissioner, and he seems to like spoons. We use them at the family reunion when I'm there and there is no reaction what so ever. Glad you didn't put up a giant fork picture. I bet that comes up after the game... Must have been some Agent Orange he was working with.

PS: I hide behind my monitor, it's bigger than the keyboard.

:twisted::huh:

Is that a Haiku?

Red Rebel: Apparently you are unfamiliar with the rules for a Haiku. Let me know if you need help reading the directions to the stadium.

Since poetry seems to be the order of the day, I do know the rules for a limerick. Please don't be too offended by its contents.

A warning to fans of Cyclones

Who excel at casting big stones.

When F5 touch down,

Each smile turns to frown

And all you can hear are their moans.

QED

Is that a Haiku?

Since poetry seems to be the order of the day, I do know the rules for a limerick. Please don't be too offended by its contents.

A warning to fans of Cyclones

Who excel at casting big stones.

When F5 touch down,

Each smile turns to frown

And all you can hear are their moans.

Very nice! :twisted:

QED

Man alive let me tell ya...I am not an Alcoa fan, I am a south pittsburg fan...but I respect Alcoa alot because of their tradition just like ours....I thought our boys had a tough offseason workout...until I went on youtube and seen what Alcoa does....it was from the 2008 season...I mean you got linemen pulling tractor tires with ropes, boys are lifting kegs, people are pushing sleds made out of solid wood....No wonder you guys are so good...yall work your tails off and are so strong....Coach Rankin that looks good keep it up.....Hopefully see you guys in Cookeville after our game :twisted:

Man alive let me tell ya...I am not an Alcoa fan, I am a south pittsburg fan...but I respect Alcoa alot because of their tradition just like ours....I thought our boys had a tough offseason workout...until I went on youtube and seen what Alcoa does....it was from the 2008 season...I mean you got linemen pulling tractor tires with ropes, boys are lifting kegs, people are pushing sleds made out of solid wood....No wonder you guys are so good...yall work your tails off and are so strong....Coach Rankin that looks good keep it up.....Hopefully see you guys in Cookeville after our game :twisted:

powerp....the Pirates got a big game Friday also. I know Grace is playing good football. But IMO, not good enough to beat the Pirates. The difference................you said it. tradition! Be there done it!

Thanks! Watched you guys a couple of years ago. I was very impressed with what I saw. Good luck!