Alcoa @ Elizabethton--Semifinal

Tornado89

Alcoa fans....

Are you satisfied with our hometown paper's coverage of this week's games? You guys got 2 articles yesterday and Maryville got 1 today. There are 4 articles about crime in Monroe Co in today's paper. Since when did their readers care more about meth labs, car theft, rape, and domestic hostages in Monroe Co than hometown teams competing in the quarterfinals. I hope they are selling papers in Monroe Co because I am dropping my subscription. Murfreesboro's paper has 5 articles today and has had 1 or 2 each day this week. I bet Elizabeton's paper supports their programs.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at senior and i play football at CAK. Each of these teams have plenty of talent. Elizabethton's running game, which CAK lacked, should keep it a tighter game at first. Elizabethton will be surprised at what they will be facing. Hopefully betsy doesnt welcome the tornados like they welcomed us in pre game.

Alcoa rolls

Thank you Aussie for the words of confidence. CAK has a great program and an excellent team.

Alcoa fans....

Are you satisfied with our hometown paper's coverage of this week's games? You guys got 2 articles yesterday and Maryville got 1 today. There are 4 articles about crime in Monroe Co in today's paper. Since when did their readers care more about meth labs, car theft, rape, and domestic hostages in Monroe Co than hometown teams competing in the quarterfinals. I hope they are selling papers in Monroe Co because I am dropping my subscription. Murfreesboro's paper has 5 articles today and has had 1 or 2 each day this week. I bet Elizabeton's paper supports their programs.

NO, I AM NOT SATISFIED! I can't imagine anyone would be satisfied with the coverage by the Daily Times from either Maryville or Alcoa's program.

Alcoa fans....

Better make that AHS: 1 1/2, MHS, 1 1/2 because half of one of our articles was how GQ liked playing at EHS' stadium. That's typical, though, and we're used to it. There have been several "Alcoa" stories that were mostly quotes and conversations with Quarles. But, like I said, typical. They've been disrespecting Alcoa for as long as I can remember. Even an Alcoa alum on the sports team can't get us more press.

I looked at Elizabethton's paper online; they didn't have any articles about the game; the JC Press had one.

To the Elizabethton fans, we respect your program and congratulate you on an excellent season. Most of the posts on here are simply meant to stir up some excitement for our respective teams. The photos, I don't believe, are meant to be disrespectful at all. As fans, we make predictions and brag on our teams abilities. That is why we are called fans. We wish your teams to play well and to leave the game injury free.

As an Alcoa fan, I am going to be on their sideline cheering for them to come home with the victory. This is not meant to be "anti-Elizabethton"; simply pro Alcoa. We feel we have a great opportunity to win this game just like you do with your team. Nothing wrong with that, it is as it should be.

See you in a few hours and I hope all the kids have fun, represent their school with sportsmanship, pride and give their all on the field.

p.s. Hope they have plenty of coffee and hot chocolate as this one will be a cold one!

I think Elizabethton, South and Greenville have great chance of playing Next weekend... Eliz. opp. Aloca, if you look at their schedule, half the teams they beat had losing records, Maryville had several players out in week one, so I think especially playing at home the Cyclones will be a 8 point favorite.

Greenville has been the real surprise, and the Cyclones had their way with Greenville. The devils have played better in the play-offs than they did in the season but thats the way it suppose to be. South will have the toughest games, one loss came to Kingsport, but thats when they lost one of the players. All of East Tennessee will be in Nashville, (Murfreesboro) the first week of Decenber

Eliz. 24, Aloca 16

South 20, Columbia 19

Greenville 32 Whites Creek 19

Obviously you aren't originally from E. Tn., because if you were you'd know the correct spelling is: ALCOA and GREENEVILLE. You'd also know that Alcoa is in E.Tn. South is going to have its hands full against Columbia and Greeneville will be busy with Whites Creek.

You forgot Maryville, Rockwood/Boyd Buch, Grace, all of which are in East Tn. Is S. Pitt considered E. Tn? I think it's in central time zone, isn't it? Heck, it's close enough for us to claim them!

Even an Alcoa alum on the sports team can't get us more press.

I looked at Elizabethton's paper online; they didn't have any articles about the game; the JC Press had one.

If you are talking about Stefan Cooper, he hasn't been with the Maryville/Alcoa Daily Times in years. He is with Blount Today which is part of the Knoxville News-Sentinel. He is my favorite sportswriter in East Tennessee. Blount Today had nice features about the Tornadoes and the Rebels.

http://www.blounttoday.com/news/2009/nov/25/fast-and-physical/

http://www.blounttoday.com/news/2009/nov/25/destination-cookeville/

Tornadogold: I think you missed 82's point. He wasn't comparing the MHS and Alcoa coverage, He was comparing the Murfreesboro News Journal coverage with the Daily Times coverage. They are covering one team and have about 5 times as many articles as the Daily Times does about two teams.

Oops, forgot about Stefan not being there. I didn't miss 82's point at all. I was just sayin'....Alcoa is used to not getting the press, at least they're being equal about it now.

It is pretty sad when the 2 elite football teams in the state don't merit more than a few tidbits in the paper. It's also sad when the headlines are about one of our teams but half of the article is about the other team. Do you think it's because they don't want to hurt the county teams' feelings? :roflol:

Isn't the Blount Today a Knoxville based paper? If so, it's also pretty sad when a Knoxville based newspaper has more coverage than the "local" paper. I dropped my subscription a long time ago.

Correction: The JC paper had 1 article about the game, another article about EHS f'ball having the chance to "change history".

Alcoa fans....

NO, I AM NOT SATISFIED! I can't imagine anyone would be satisfied with the coverage by the Daily Times from either Maryville or Alcoa's program.

I don't buy this paper and refuse to take a free copy when offered.

"orangeworker" dont worry about "red rebel" or "BCsportsfan". red rebel is only pullin for alcoa because they beat his boys.

clonefan101: I haven't said one negative thing about Elizabethton or Carter Co. I was having a hard time understanding the tree joke! I've got too many relatives in Carter County and too many friends at Alcoa to pull for one over the other. One of my Rebel daughters even spends the night with one of the Alcoa coaching staff's daughter. A close friend has a son playing for the Cyclones. I still think Alcoa will win. If they don't, I'll pull for the 'Clones in Cookeville. Pulling for an injury free game.

"orangeworker" dont worry about "red rebel" or "BCsportsfan". red rebel is only pullin for alcoa because they beat his boys.

clonefan101: I haven't said one negative thing about Elizabethton or Carter Co. I was having a hard time understanding the tree joke! I've got too many relatives in Carter County and too many friends at Alcoa to pull for one over the other. One of my Rebel daughters even spends the night with one of the Alcoa coaching staff's daughter. A close friend has a son playing for the Cyclones. I still think Alcoa will win. If they don't, I'll pull for the 'Clones in Cookeville. Pulling for an injury free game.

Words dont lie its easy by reading these two post which side your on. GO CYCLONES