Whites Creek at Greeneville

DevilMan03

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game tonight by Greeneville! Props to Whites Creek as well for playing hard and never giving up even after the blocked punt that put Greeneville up 21 to 6. Also, did anyone else think that Whites Creek was one of the fastest teams to ever play at Greeneville?

Well! Well! Well! That Whites Creek team looked like a speedier Greeneville team. On paper, WC should have won this, but that's why they don't play it on paper. Greeneville's kicking game gave them a huge advantage. WC had the big play on their side, but Greeneville's D kept the WC offense mostly in check except for a few big plays.

Greeneville gave a gutsy performance and will represent all of East Tennessee well in the state. Good luck to you guys!

WHITES CREEK GOT SCREWED BOTH TEAMS DESERVED TO BE THERE AND THE REFS SHOULD HAVE LET THEM PLAY. THAT HIT ON THE FAIR CATCH ON THE KICKOFF WAS ONE OF THE DIRTIEST PLAYS I HAVE EVER SEEN.

See my response to this on the Greeneville/Giles County thread. I was there. It wasn't dirty at all. The ref's didn't recognize it as a fair catch and never blew the whistle. The guy who caught the ball was still standing and had the ball wrapped up when he was hit. You have to play to the whistle. The teams who lack discipline always want to call the disciplined teams "dirty." It's helpful, in any sport, to know the rules.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Sounds like a great opportunity has opened up for the football team.  With the head coach of the diamond rebels making it official and quitting this week, there should be some room for the gridiron guys to benefit. I assume the administration won’t continue paying six figures to two former coach that quit to continue teaching drivers Ed. Thats pretty good money that could be redirected toward the football program. Also, with the more recent policies of pushing kids to only play one sport, abolishing the baseball program altogether would help on Friday nights in the fall. There is some decent speed on that baseball team that should’ve been playing on Fridays IMO. I’m not sure if anybody would really miss that baseball program anyway with it being across town from the school. The liability of letting players actually use the facilities could also be mitigated with closing the program. That liability seems to be a really big issue for 825. Anyway, it seems like a great opportunity is available.
    • Yeah, I read about their spring blue/gray scrimmage after I typed that.   Sounds like a real mess over there.  I just hate that for 'em.  Haw
    • Maybe OR will be, but Farragut, nah, I don’t think anybody realizes how much of a bad situation that program is in currently. I’m sure they will build out of it, but the next 3 to 4 years are going to be a long climb up.
    • Thats one of the problems of having an 8-team region. A team could make it in any other region, but the numbers work against them in this one. 
    • 1A: Brayden Baker - Eagleville Rylan Collins - Lookout Valley Luke Treece - Coalfield   2A: Carter Daniel - Loretto Gray Eubanks - Huntingdon Trevan Myers - Pigeon Forge   3A: Gabe Eddington - Montgomery Central Carson Parrott - Livingston Academy Jaxon Walker - Loudon   4A: Eli Evans - Farragut Andrew Hill - Central  Brady Scott - Sevier County   Division II-A: Wesley Alig - CAK Cooper Jones - Boyd Buchanan Gunner Skelton - Columbia Academy   Division II-AA Brock Beddingfield - CPA Dominic Monaco - Brentwood Academy Tomas Valincius - Baylor