MBA vs MUS

oldgoldandorange91

Shakinthefat is totally correct about MBA not blitzing the QB. Huge defensive coaching error! But that's not the first coaching error. The young (and immature) MBA coaching staff --led by the vindictive Mcguigan twins-- refused to play some of their best players after the loss of MBA's QB. This group of seniors only lost 1 game FR year and went undefeated on JV. They're a group of great athletes -- my kids have played against this group of guys for years -- MBA should have been poised to win it all again this year. Holden Mobley's an aweome athlete, neck in neck for QB start fresh/soph year. He was so under-utilized ALL year. Did you see him in the play offs? Great hands and hard nosed. Brad Bars, another great athlete, was a phenomenal LB as a junior. He's fast, aggressive and a state decathlete! What is he doing playing DE? Use that speed and those hands. How about Trey Howard? Transferred from Independence (dad coaches at UCLA) Never even got a chance and is another good, fast athlete.

Don't let the comments about the team "gelling" or "peaking at the right time" fool you. It was more about the coaches realizing that if they wanted to win in the play offs, they had to use players other than Fitz Lassing. Not knocking Lassing (great kid) Just stating the obvious: Mcguigan loves this kid, hates others, and allows this to get in the way of his coaching. This is the word coming from Ensworth. Keep Mcguigan and Jonas Rodriguiz at MBA.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shakinthefat is totally correct about MBA not blitzing the QB. Huge defensive coaching error! But that's not the first coaching error. The young (and immature) MBA coaching staff --led by the vindictive Mcguigan twins-- refused to play some of their best players after the loss of MBA's QB. This group of seniors only lost 1 game FR year and went undefeated on JV. They're a group of great athletes -- my kids have played against this group of guys for years -- MBA should have been poised to win it all again this year. Holden Mobley's an aweome athlete, neck in neck for QB start fresh/soph year. He was so under-utilized ALL year. Did you see him in the play offs? Great hands and hard nosed. Brad Bars, another great athlete, was a phenomenal LB as a junior. He's fast, aggressive and a state decathlete! What is he doing playing DE? Use that speed and those hands. How about Trey Howard? Transferred from Independence (dad coaches at UCLA) Never even got a chance and is another good, fast athlete.

Don't let the comments about the team "gelling" or "peaking at the right time" fool you. It was more about the coaches realizing that if they wanted to win in the play offs, they had to use players other than Fitz Lassing. Not knocking Lassing (great kid) Just stating the obvious: Mcguigan loves this kid, hates others, and allows this to get in the way of his coaching. This is the word coming from Ensworth. Keep Mcguigan and Jonas Rodriguiz at MBA.

1 post. Nice start.

Congrats to the Owls. Worthy champs.

Check out the "What if Alcoa and Maryville played again now??" thread on the 3A/4a boards - quite a bit of grasping at straws. I would take solace in the fact the chosen team of some of the fans who were not impressed with MUS is coming off of a 0 passing yards and 177 total yards offensive performance in its championship game. I'm not sure what was not to be impressed about with MUS's multi-dimensional, mistake-free game last night against a team who had just beat two very hot teams itself.

Anyway, as is the case every year, the "best in state" debate will occur now, with homers boosting their teams and the naysayers going against the teams they hate. Nevertheless, while the battle will not be decided on the field, MUS will be the highest ranked and highest rated team out of Tennessee when all of the rankings and ratings are finalized over the coming days. Based on an entire body of work, that consensus will be fully justified. At the very least, I'm sure the entire unbiased population of Batesville, MS, will wholeheartedly agree.

What's really funny rollredroll is we will never know? Maybe MUS would beat Alcoa but that just opinions at this point. As for the 177 total yards of offensive. Alcoa was pretty vanilla and only threw the ball one time but if the other team doesn't score you can't lose (bottom line). I would put Alcoa's defense up against any in the state. I do know how we could settle this debate in future years. MBA,MUS,BA OR ENSWORTH schedule the Tornadoes in 2011 and 2012. We will need 2 teams to play in those years and would love the challenge. That way we won't be on the computer all night thinking of the match-ups. :o However I don't believe any of these teams would schedule the F5. :D

Congrats to the Owls. Worthy champs.

Check out the "What if Alcoa and Maryville played again now??" thread on the 3A/4a boards - quite a bit of grasping at straws. I would take solace in the fact the chosen team of some of the fans who were not impressed with MUS is coming off of a 0 passing yards and 177 total yards offensive performance in its championship game. I'm not sure what was not to be impressed about with MUS's multi-dimensional, mistake-free game last night against a team who had just beat two very hot teams itself.

Anyway, as is the case every year, the "best in state" debate will occur now, with homers boosting their teams and the naysayers going against the teams they hate. Nevertheless, while the battle will not be decided on the field, MUS will be the highest ranked and highest rated team out of Tennessee when all of the rankings and ratings are finalized over the coming days. Based on an entire body of work, that consensus will be fully justified. At the very least, I'm sure the entire unbiased population of Batesville, MS, will wholeheartedly agree.

My money is on MUS, by a mile!

Why?

Body of work.

-------------------------------

Final: South Panola 56 --- Oak Grove 14.

Congratulations to the South Panola Tigers (14-1) -- Mississippi's inaugural 6A State Champions!!!

(Oh, their lone loss....The MUS Owls)

--------------------------------------------

I rest my case.

I do know how we could settle this debate in future years. MBA,MUS,BA OR ENSWORTH schedule the Tornadoes in 2011 and 2012. We will need 2 teams to play in those years and would love the challenge. That way we won't be on the computer all night thinking of the match-ups. :oHowever I don't believe any of these teams would schedule the F5. :D

Why? Because their schedules are already filled with South Panolas and Neases and Trinitys and Byrneses and Moellers and Bolleses and St. Xaviers and Prattvilles?

Wow...and i was fooled by the way they seemed to gel and peak at the right time. Clearly I'm not as sharp as you, as I was decieved by the wins over BGA (ok, not so much), Ensworth, and BA.

Okay this not the word coming from Ensworth. People at ensworth are either embarrassed still or have come to their wits and cheered for MBA or at least appreciated them. No one even complained about the coaching. Some of the best coaches are the ones who haven't formed habits and are open to new ideas and are flexible. Look at all the ancient coaches getting pushed out in college. It is because the game has changed and the best coaches are the up and coming ones. This is the word from ensworth.

volfan5 - a typical Alcoa fan, you have it backwards. Your fans ALWAYS say the DII teams should schedule the F5 "to settle the issue." But it's YOUR fans that are filling the net with claims of superiority. The phone works both ways. If you want to prove your case, Rankin should be the one making the call. As I have said before, Alcoa and Ensworth were both looking for a game the same weekend in September. Rankin would not even talk about a game. He instead tried to schedule little Franklin Road Academy, a team he would have thrashed. One Alcoa fan responded by saying that the AD not Rankin did the scheduling. Right. And Rankin has no input? Please....And, as others pointed out, H*** will freeze over before "the architect of the public-private split" will ever play Brentwood Academy or any major DII team. So don't keep implying that the DII teams are dodging you. Why would MUS travel 400 miles to play Alcoa when Olive Branch and South Panola are just across the state line? To satisfy your egos? I don't think so.

I think you misunderstood my point. Not a knock coming from Ensworth about MBA or vice versa -- simply giving a different side to MBA's playoff success. These boys are talented ball players, not some non-athletes who were molded and created by MBA coaching staff. Mobley, Simonis, Bars, Colbert, and Blackwell were alternating starters on MBA's Varsity basketball team last year. Need I say more: quick, agile athletes. (The football info was repeated, without solicitation, throughout the season by many unhappy MBA parents and players regarding negative coaching at the school.) The MBA team deserved better than their season (record.)

What's really funny rollredroll is we will never know? Maybe MUS would beat Alcoa but that just opinions at this point. As for the 177 total yards of offensive. Alcoa was pretty vanilla and only threw the ball one time but if the other team doesn't score you can't lose (bottom line). I would put Alcoa's defense up against any in the state. I do know how we could settle this debate in future years. MBA,MUS,BA OR ENSWORTH schedule the Tornadoes in 2011 and 2012. We will need 2 teams to play in those years and would love the challenge. That way we won't be on the computer all night thinking of the match-ups. :roflol: However I don't believe any of these teams would schedule the F5. :thumb:

As just a casual observer of watching both MUS and Aloca play this week as I am up for the White Station game, I don't even see how that game would be close. MUS would probably beat Alcoa pretty easy maybe by 3 or 4 TD's. Alcoa was not near the team MBA was. Really not even close. MBA would also beat Alcoa. Alcoa is a good public school team, but they would be middle of the road in the DII league in my opinion.

Why? Because their schedules are already filled with South Panolas and Neases and Trinitys and Byrneses and Moellers and Bolleses and St. Xaviers and Prattvilles?

:roflol: Pretty good come back but you don't lose (respect) as much if you get beat by one of those teams. If you lose to Alcoa then its just that little 3a school that beat you. GET IT!!

:roflol: Pretty good come back but you don't lose (respect) as much if you get beat by one of those teams. If you lose to Alcoa then its just that little 3a school that beat you. GET IT!!

Losing by even 2TDs to one of those schools is a heck of a lot more impressive than beating Alcoa by 4 TDs. So your argument makes no logical sense to a person who's mind is not filled with aluminum.