22-Jarrett Jones, Chester Co

23-Ronald Taylor, Maplewood

24-Tim Cooper, Cleveland

25-Kellen Pickel, Bradley Central

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a sleeper pick could be Chris Darden from LaVergne. PG with lots of quicks and an uncanny ability to get his shot off close to the hoop.

Gomab why so low w/ Bubba Taylor? I'm not the president of his fan club or anything but the kid is consistent and he is a winner. I think he has always made the players around him better and I personally saw him take over the game against Hendersonville in the substate. I don't believe there are 20 something players in the jr. class I'd rather have than him in this state.

Dansby is well deserving of his number 5 ranking..do you think he could domainate with Josh Goodwin on the team a AA Mr.Basketball finalist and Belmont signee? Dansby doesnt exactly have the greatest supporting cast and sometimes people expect too much when you dont have anyone else around you as good..Just think if he was at a city school or somewhere where he had at least one or two more main scorers..He has to go out everynight and produce with role players playing around him...He has a great coach and plays for a nice program..Shane may even be underrated at some point. He pays his dues with the TN Traverlers, I've even heard that Oak Hill wants him to finish his prep career with them.

As far as Bubba Nichols I've heard he may have one of the best strokes in the state.

Some quick responses-

-I LOVE Shane Dansby's game. I think he is well deserving of his #5 ranking, and think he is one of the best prospects in the state...

-Bubba Nichols is average. He has a good stroke, but I saw him in AAU, and he has a ways to go...

-I like Ronald Taylor. I think a Top 25 ranking is pretty special. He is ranked ahead of many great players, including another outstanding PG in Tim Cooper. After the TOP 8, the next 20 or so are VERY INTERCHANGEABLE. Not a whole lot separates Taylor at #23 and, say, Henry Harris at #10. It is tough to rank those #10-#30. Not to mention, Taylor already has a great reputation, and a bunch of Division 1 attention already, so my Ranking of Taylor is honestly pretty meaningless...

-Shay Shannon, from Giles Co, will be added at #9, pushing Brewer to #10, Harris to #11, and so on. I accidently left him out...

-TJ, and other, AAU/Summer ball does have a lot to do with the rankings; and it should. It is a chance to see players compete at a higher level, and against players that are just as big, athletic, and quick, if not more so (this dropped players down some like Taylor or Nichols, and raised the stock of others like Charles Hampton or Shane Dansby). AAU is also a chance to see a large number of players at the same time, or same tourney. AAU also goes a long way to improving or advancing one's skills and overall game. It is not essential for the rankings, though, as Keiron Jackson and Ryan Daniel are both Top 20, and did not play AAU. Who, TJ, did you have in mind with that comment???