Top 25 Juniors in the STATE

gomab2

I'm trying to see where you are coming from. I disagree with your comment on the complete team. Yes, that applies when given team rankings. But do you penalize a player that is good but his team is not? Maybe at the NBA or college level because they can interchange parts, but high school is basically stuck with what you have. Every player should be ranked according to their skills and not their team.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well well well

lets see Bubba started as a freshman, Barry Gardner didn't even play much as a freshman(compared to Bubba). Bubba pretty much beat whites creek in the region by himself.

Its time credit is given to bubba. His team (while he played the point) has went to the state two yrs in a row. Any college coach will tell you they appreciate a winner(which he is) IF(which is a strong word) these other guys are so GOOD(even on bad teams) why didn't they take their team to the state. Now granted Maplewood hasn't won it YET(bubba still has two more yrs) this guys track record is GOOD.

Henry Harris for as good as he is; the stratford team he played on was Demarco's team(than miles campbell) Who does maplewood turn to for a big bucket(BUBBA). Bubba went against Demarco, BRian collins, Mario Moore all head to head(lets see thats one mr. basketball and two Division One Bball players in which he held his own). Henry was the third scoring option for stratford. I like harris but come on lets be fair. Half of these guys(ranked in front) can't hang with bubba.

I watched him this summer and YOU guys will be IMPRESSED he scored at will, outside,inside. You name it. but everyone has there opinions.

You will see. you will see.

First, my bad on Jonathon Cook; he is on the list at #52: I mistakenly left him off the previous post....

Now to Bubba:

Again, as you all know, I say it how I see it, which sometimes makes others mad. I like Bubba, and in a loaded 2004 Class, #23 is very good. Bubba will end up a Mid Major player, in my opinion, which is GREAT. I only base so much on High School production, and more in AAU (depending on the AAU program). Yes, Bubba had great high school games, and he had bad high school games. I watched an average (#26 2002) Alex Oliver absoutely eat Bubba up and dominate the game.

But AAU showed me a lot more about Bubba. He often looked out of control, and his ball handling + decision making looked suspect at times. His outside shot was inconsistent. Playing against other guards just as strong and athletic seemed to give him problems at times. He is very quick, though, gets to the whole very well, and is one of the best defenders in the state. This is my reasoning behind a high ranking, but not a Top 10 ranking, for Bubba...... :)

TO ANSWER YOU TN BALL LETS BE REAL SHANE DANSBY WAS GOOD LAST YEAR AND IN THE NEXT TWO YEARS MAYBE MR BASKETBALL BUT AS OF THE FIRST TWO YEARS HE PLAYED ON A DECENT TEAM WITH MR RUNNER UP JOSH GOODWIN AND HIS STATS AT BEST WERE DECENT BUT HIS UPSIDE WILL BE PHENOMINAL LETS JUST WAIT AND SEE AND ALSO BUBBA CAME TO A TEAM THAT WENT 8/17 THE YEAR BEFORE PLAYING WITH A SENIOR THAT NEVER GOT ANY ACTION (DARIUS LEE) AND THREE FOOTBALL PLAYRS (SPENCER RICHARDSON TSU),(TERRENCE KENNEDY LAMBUTH, BRIAN SMITH MISS,VALLEY STATE) ALL IN FOOTBALL AND SENT MR BASKETBALL MARCO POPE,ALL NASHVILLE JACUES CURRY HOME IN THE REGION WITH 26 POINTS 8 ###### 6STEALS THEN WENT AGAINST JOHNATHAN LOE WHO WENT TO OLD MISS AND PUT ON A SHOW AND WAS NAMED ALL STATE AS A FRESHMAN AND LED MAPLEWOOD AND AS A SOHPMORE WENT HEAD TO HEAD WITH ALL THE BEST THE MIDSTATE HAD TO OFFER AND SHOWED THAT HE WAS ONE OF THE ELITE PLAYERS.RONALD HAS DONE MORE IN TWO YEARS THAN ANY PLAYER HAS IN THE LAST 10 YEARS.SHANE IS A GREAT PLAYER AND EVEN I RANKED HIM WELL ABOVE BUBBA IN THE RANKINS BECAUSE OF HIS UP SIDE.YOU JUST DONT KNOW THE PRESSURE THAT BUBBA HAD TO PLAY UNDER COMMING THERE HE COULD HAVE AVERAGED 25 POINTS A GAME EACH YEAR BUT HIS COACH ASKED HIM TO BE A LEADER AND TO SACRIFICE HIS GAME FOR THE GOOD OF THE TEAM AND HE HAS DONE THAT FOR TWO YEARS AND WILL EVEN SCORE LESS IF IT MEANS A WIN. NOW FOR YOU GOMAB AS FAR AS AAU I WILL TAKE THE HEAT FOR THAT BECAUSE I SHOULD HAVE LET HIM STAY WHERE HE WAS AT WITH THE THUNDER WHICH WAS OUT OF MY HANDS BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY . BUBBA HAS BEEN PUNISHED BY THE TRAVLERS FOR NOT FINISHING OUT HIS FRESHMAN CAMPANE WITH THEM BUT NO TRANSO ON PLAY AND HIS PLAY HAS SUFFERED BUT TO YOU YES BUBBA WILL PLAY HIGH MAJOR GOT A PHONE CALL FROM BD OF NORTH C, THE OTHER DAY AND AS COBRA FAN90 SAW THATS RIGHT THIS SUMMER THAT IN THE RIGHT SETTING HE WILL BE OK AND DO WELL. THIS SUMMER I SAW ALL OF YOUR TOP 10 PEOPLE AND ALL I CAN SAY IS PLEASE YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING,BUT THATS YOUR OPPINION WHICH MORE AND MORE IM INCLINED TO GO ALONG WITH.YOU SAW BUBBA AGAINST ALEX OLIVER AND GOT ATE UP I SAW BUBBA AGAINST TYLER SMITH,SHAY SHANNON,MARIO MORE,MARCO POPE,JOHN LOE,SHANE DANSBY,COREY BREWER,BRIAN COLLINS,JULIAN TERREL,BRANDON HERRIFORD,WADEL WILLIAMS,HENRY HARRIS,AJ PRICE CHRIS DARDEN AND MANY MORE AND FOUND OUT THAT HE IS JUST AS GOOD AND EVEN BETTER THAT MOST OF THE GUYS IN THE STATE AND FROM A PHONE CALL WHICH I WILL NOT CALL NO NAMES SAID THAT IF HE WORKS ON HIS GAME MORE HE WOULD HAVE A GOOD CHANCE TO GO TO THE LEAGUE OR PLAY SOME WHERE PRO BUT ALL THIS IS A MOOT POINT.IT TAKES GRADES, POTENTIAL, GOOD PLACING AND ALOT OF PRAYER TO MAKE IT IN THIS WORLD. SOME OF US JUST DONT HAVE IT THAT EASY. BUT I HOPE THE BEST FOR THEM ALL AND LAST THANK YOU BIG POPPA,AND COBRA FAN 90 FOR THE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH SO HELP ME GOD.IF BUBBA NEVER PLAYS ANOTHER GAME OF BALL HE HAS SHOWN NASHVILLE THAT HE IS IN A GOOD CLASS OF BALL PLAYERS THAT PLAYED IN NASHVILLE.WHAT PLAYER CAN SAY THAT THEY WENT TO THE STATE TOURNEY 2 YEARS IN A ROW AND WAS NAMED ALL STATE AS A FRESHMAN AND HONORABLE MENTIONAL AS A SOPHMORE AND LEAD THERE TEAM EACH YEAR FROM NASHVILLE AAA IN THE LAST 10 YEARS YOU CANT. PLEASE DONT THINK IM TRYING TO BRAGE BUT IF THE FACTS ARE THEN YOU NEED TO GIVE A PLAYER HIS DO BECAUSE THE PLAYERS THAT YOU HAVE NAMED HAS NOT ,ONLY ANDREA ALLEN HAS AND HE IS IN AA.

Thanks for the post, R.Taylor......Again, I wish nothing but the best for Bubba. I like your points about the Travelers' situation: makes more sense now. As I've said before, and will say again, a lot of the rankings has to do with the future, and how I "project" some kids to turn out. That is why I have a player like Kenyonna Swader so high among Class of 2003, when Dane Bradshaw has been the most "productive High School Player" in the class, yet I do not feel his potential at the next level is as high. Congrats on the phone call from UNC. I hope Bubba has a great season, and a great summer, whether it is with the Travelers or Thunder, or whoever. He is a great kid with obviously a big future. If Bubba proves me wrong and goes higher than Mid Major, then great. Either way, he will be a D-1 ball player: what could be better? :x

I think you got my post wrong, if anything I was complimenting the Maplewood Program for having a solid background the past 5 years..I know Harpth had Josh Goodwin (A Mr. Basketball finalist and Belmont Signee), Dansby's first two years in high school but considerin that Barry Mangrum didnt have him on Varsity for his freshman year and this was really his first year on varsity under Jamie Wilson..MY point was Ronald Taylor has more of a supporting cast than Shane Dansby..Dansby doesnt have one other solid scorer or top defender..he will literally be asked to 'DO EVERYTHING". I agree that Taylor was asked to guard some of Nashville and the states best players but its not like he had to do that, score a ton of points, and assist the other guys..

Watch Harpth this year and you may very well see Dansby bring the ball up the floor, pass it to the wing and cut down to the block or run off a screen to get his shot off thats just how much they need him. Also everytime a shot goes up (Offense or Defense) he has to crash the boards. Taylor has had the luxury of playing around some very talented players so the next two years of his high school career wont seem as hard because he has played some of the states best really tough and been in the state tournament two years. Dansby doesnt really know what its about and now hes got to prove hes a top player and put the numbers up along with handling the double and triple teams.

Thats all I'm saying, so dont get me wrong...I know your Bubba has worked hard and everything like that..You have to understand this class is so hard to rank, the talent level is UNBELIVABLE..I can totally understand anyone that argued that a player thats led thier team to the state tournament twice should be ranked ahead of a player thats had a Mr.B-ball finalist on their team to play with..Thats just how tough this 2004 class is.

DONT GET ME WRONG BUBBA REALLY DIDNT HAVE THAT GOOD OF A SUPPORTING CAST AND COACH GAMBLE WILL TELL YOU THAT, ALL I WAS SAYING THAT BUBBA BEING A TRUE 2 GUARD HAD TO TAKE ON THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BALL HANDLER,ASSIST MAN,DEFENDER,AND CLUCTCH POINT MAKER AND THAT WAS ONLY BEING A FRESHMAN.NO ONE ELSE ON THE TEAM WANTED TO TAKE CHARGE THATS WHAT MADE BUBBA A GOOD PLAYER BECAUSE WHEN COACH GAMBLE NEEDED SOMEONE TO TAKE CHARGE AND NOT BE AFRAID BUBBA STEPTED UP.LIKE I SAID DURING THE SUMMER LEAGUE IN HIS FRESHMAN YEAR NOT A GAME OF VARSITY HE LED MAPLEWOOD IN EVERY CATIGORIE BUT WAS SECOND IN REBOUNDING BUT THE WORD TEAM MEANS EVERYTHING TO BUBBA.HE IS PLAYING FOOTBALL ON A LOSING TEAM AND REALLY DONT EVEN HAVE TO PLAY AND ITS JUST MY OPPONION MAYBE SHOULDNT BUT TEAM MEANS EVERYTHING TO HIM AND HE WILL NOT QUIT AND WILL SEE IT THROUGH TO THE END AND WAS NAMED CAPTAIN OF THE DEFENSE BECAUSE OF HIS DESIRE AND TALENT (10 TACKLES PER GAME).BUT ENOUGHT ABOUT BUBBA AS FAR AS SHANE THE COACH MUST BE KINDA CONFUSING BECAUSE IF HE WOULD HAVE BEEN AT THE WOOD HE WOULD BE DANGEROUS RIGHT AND EVEN THEN BECAUSE COACH GAMBLE WEATHER YOU ARE BLACK OR WHITE OR RED IF YOU CAN PLAY AND YOU STEP UP TO THE PLATE HE WILL TEACH YOU TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE,HE IS THAT GOOD OF A COACH.NOW DONT GET ME WRONG ALL COACHES MESS UP AT TIMES BUT HE HAS MY FULL SUPPORT.MAPLEWOOD PLAYED HARPTH THIS SUMMER AND MY OTHER SON JERMAINE WHICH PLAYERS VARSITY BEAT THEM BY 30 BUT SUGAR SHANE AS I CALL HIM WILL BE THE MAN AND I WISH HIM ALL THE BLESSINGS BUT I DO WISH HE WAS AT MAPLEWOOD WHO WILL NOT BE ON PROBATION AFTER THIS YEAR AND I WILL BE PROUD TO LET MY KIDS STAY AND PLAY THERE.

YOU ARE RIGHT WHEN YOU SAY THAT 10 THRU 25 CAN BE INTERCHANGABLE OR BE PLACED IN ANY ORDER I JUST FELT ON A 2YEAR TIME TABLE BUBBA HAS ACCOMPLISHED MORE THAN MOST OF YOUR TOP TEN AND IN RAKING TALENT YUO HAVE TO GO AHEAD WITH THE PEOPLE THAT HAS BEEN PRODUCING EACH YEAR THAN SOMEONE WHO HAS NOT BECAUSE HE ALL REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT BARRY GARDNER,SHANE DANSBY,HENRY HARRIS,OR A LOT OF THE TOP GUYS WILL BRING THIS YEAR BUT WE CANT LOSE SIGHT OF THE ONES WHO HAS ALREADY STEPTED UP TO THE PLATE AND DONE WELL.BUBBA,ANDREA ALLEN, AND SOME MORE OF YOUR ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED PLAYERS MAY NOT HAVE 2 MORE GREAT YEARS BUT WE HAVE TO RECONIZE WHAT THEY HAVE ALREADY DONE AND WISH THEM WELL AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE OTHERS LIKE SHANE AND BARRY ,HENRY GIVING US PLEASURE WITH THERE PLAY AND HEART FOR THE NEXT 2.

AND TO ADD YES OAKHILL WANTED BUBBA TO COME THIS YEAR AND SENT ALL THE PAPERS AND ALL BUT HE DECIDED TO STAY IN MIDDLE TN. THAT MAY BE GOOD OR IT MAY HAVE BEEN BAD BUT IT WAS HIS CHOICE AND HE HAS TO LIVE WITH IT NOT ME,I WOULD HAVE LEFT BUT MAPLEWOOD WAS A GOOD CHOICE FOR HIM AND HE REALLY ADMIRES HIS COACH EVEN THROUGH THE BAD TIMES.

Put on a show verses Jonathan Loe? C'mon now...it was more of the other way around. Loe dang near put up a triple double verses ya'll. Does it really matter that you lead your team in scoring when you lose by 26, are out of the game in the 2nd quarter, and the other teams rotation sits at the beginning of the 3rd.