Top 25 Juniors in the STATE

gomab2

I've watched Singleton play often and Spencer a few times. Spencer is a good player who can score. He doesn't seem to have the quickness or the jumping ability that Singleton possesses. I think that is why you see Singleton rated so highly. This is not to slight Spencer at all, he is a good player.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by clipper:

Not much Knoxville area there. How about Zach Conner (KnoxCentral), Zach Guilmire(Oak Ridge), Mikial Vibbert(Clinton), Tyler Gaskin(Maryvile), Derrel Dean(Alcoa)????

[Edited by clipper on 9-24-02 6:00P]

These are good players that I haven't forgotten about, but I feel are just a little bit lower.....

-Conner: Honorable Mention

-Gulmire: Honorable Mention

-Mikhail Vibbert: #60

-Tyler Gaskin: #51

-Derrell Dean: Honorable Mention

-Greg Gibson: #38

-Andy Tipton: Honorable Mention

-Tevah Morris: #28

-Sherrod Scott: #48

-Derek Norris: #47

-Tyler Jones: Honorable Mention

***These are not final rankings for the Fall Rankings, but this is where each player is at the moment......

Posted by dcvol:

I've watched Singleton play often and Spencer a few times. Spencer is a good player who can score. He doesn't seem to have the quickness or the jumping ability that Singleton possesses. I think that is why you see Singleton rated so highly. This is not to slight Spencer at all, he is a good player.

D's right. Spencer is a good player.

However, his meal ticket is baseball. The kid is a natural. Hits for power and average.

Posted by gomab2:
Posted by clipper:

Not much Knoxville area there. How about Zach Conner (KnoxCentral), Zach Guilmire(Oak Ridge), Mikial Vibbert(Clinton), Tyler Gaskin(Maryvile), Derrel Dean(Alcoa)????

[Edited by clipper on 9-24-02 6:00P]

These are good players that I haven't forgotten about, but I feel are just a little bit lower.....

-Conner: Honorable Mention

-Gulmire: Honorable Mention

-Mikhail Vibbert: #60

-Tyler Gaskin: #51

-Derrell Dean: Honorable Mention

-Greg Gibson: #38

-Andy Tipton: Honorable Mention

-Tevah Morris: #28

-Sherrod Scott: #48

-Derek Norris: #47

-Tyler Jones: Honorable Mention

***These are not final rankings for the Fall Rankings, but this is where each player is at the moment......

Thanks,

I'm familiar with all these kids except Norris. Where does he play and what position?

You said that these were NOT your final fall rankings???? I am confused. What are these players going to do between now and your final ranking to change their rankings? Shouldn't you wait until after season to change your rankings? As far as I know, these boys aren't doing anything to make them better or worse than you have them ranked. There are no aau games going on at the moment.

As far as the rankings go....I've only got the Top 60 Jr's ranked right now, but will have the Top70 by the time I post the Fall Rankings. I'm tinkering with the rankings slightly still: I do not just put any player at a ranking without alot of thought to the justification of his ranking, and who is infront and behind that player.....

Clipper, Derek Norris is a 6'7 post from Pigeon Forge, which I think is Knoxville area.....

Here are some of my top West Tn (non-Memphis) players:

#6-Frank Holmes, Fayette Ware

#22-Jarrett Jones, Chester Co

#27-Brian Lake, Bolivar

#30-Jeremy Taylor, Dyersburg

#35-Ramon Williams, Jackson Northside

#55-Trey, Ripley

#64-Courtney Jones, Covington

#69-Earnest Williams, Crockett Co

#70-Leslie Delk, Haywood Co

#71-Henry Atkisson, Milan

HMn-Jerrell Shanklin, Jackson NS

THE REASON I RANKED BUBBA HIGHER THAN A LOT OF YOUR PLAYERS IS BECAUSE JUST WHAT SOME OF THE OTHER POSTERS SAY IF YOU HAVE GOOD STATS AND PLAY WITH GOOD PLAYERS AND GET TO THE STATE TOURNEY TWO YEARS IN A ROW THAT SHOULD MEAN SOMETHING. IM NOT NOCKING YOUR OPPONION BUT BEING FAIR IF YOU ARE A TRUE BASKETBALL GURU WHICH I THINK YOU ARE BECOMING YOU SHOULD ALWAYS GO ON TALENT LEVEL,PRODUCTION,UPSIDE AND CONSISTANCY AND MY MEANING IS BUBBA HAS BEEN STEADY IN HIS PLAY FROM THE JUMP. BETWEEN HENRY HARRIS SHAY SHANNON,TO COREY BERWER AND SHANE DANSBY THESE PLAYERS STARTED OF AS FRESHMAN JUST LIKE BUBBA BUT THINK COACH IT WAS BUBBA THAT HAS BEEN TO THE STATE TOURNEY BOTH YEARS AND MADE ALL STATE,ALL REGION BOTH YEARS AND LAST YEAR MADE 3RD TEAM ALL MIDSTATE.WHEN ALL THESE OTHER PEOPLE THAT YOU RANK SO HIGH PRODUCE EVEN MY GOOD PLAYER BARRY GARDNER. YOU HAVE TO RANK THEM ON WHAT THEY HAVE ALREADY DONE AND MAY DO IN THE FUTURE.WHEN THESE OTHER PLAYERS REALLY PRODUCE AND HAVE GOOD STATS AND GO TO THE STATE TOURNEY YEAR AFTER YEAR THEN YOUR LIST WILL BE FINE. DONT DOWN PLAY A PLAYER THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN THERE AND DONE IT. I WISH THEM ALL GOOD LUCK AND IF BUBBA NEVER GETS BACK TO STATE WHICH IS WHERE ALL WANT TO GO AND WIN HE CAN SAY I WENT AND SHOWED THE PEOPLE AND COACHES THAT PLAYERS FROM THE BALLERS,THUNDER,TRAVLERS,MUSTANGS, AND ETC, CAN PLAY WITH ANY ONE AROUND AND WE ARE NOT EVEN A BBALL TOWN.

You have to look at the supporting cast and people around you..Ronald Taylor has a great coach and has had a Big Supporting cast playing around him..He has played on one of the most complete teams in the state for the past 5 years..Maplewood has always been pretty steady and they've just now really gotten it together..

So dont compare players like Dansby who plays on a team thats not as complete.