Trousdale Co. vs Boyd Buc

reaction

Boyd was soft...

I kind of like TC and Most of their fans. Some like SC some don't, that goes both ways, as it should. TC does what they do with kids from TC. No open zone, no private, no kids crossing state lines, or county lines. 99% homegrown kids. I don't think too many of the USUAL contenders can say that.

But Railbird....this makes what....about 5 times I've seen "Boyd is soft". Guess what, according to you ,you beat a "soft" team by 6 points. If they hadn't been "soft" you would have that silver ball right now. Now, go get your stats, the excuses, and blame a 28-1 coach for a bad game plan ( :thumb: )...but the fact remains....TC beat (according to you) a soft BB by a whopping 6 points.

If I were a true TC fan I would tend to believe that Boyd played pretty tough holding the mighty Jackets to within 6 points, NOBODY has done that all year.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grunt,

Creasy leave? Why would he? When he receives support from hypocrites like you. Got complaints about a championship? I think there were 8 schools that left Cookeville with a silver ball that would have died for a 6-point victory. As far as questions, Creasy gave the ball to Seay on 3 occasions- ALL 4TH DOWNS…STUFFED ALL 3 TIMES. (do you think Boyd may have been keying on him?) “I’d get on the bus after feeding it to him 4 times” Brilliant. How many snaps have you coached again? And the passing attack… You didn’t seem to complain when they scored both the go-ahead touchdowns thru the air against Friendship. Were you yelling & screaming when Cox caught a 32 yd. pass in the 1st quarter? By the way, when your defense is playing as well as TC’s, you can do anything you want. As far as Creasy on TV, he doesn’t mind taking the heat off a 17-year-old QB...a guy taking the blame instead of taking the credit. I’m starting to agree with you Grunt, get rid of that idiot coach ya’ll have. 28 & 1- who needs him, give Grunt & Shady the whistles!

Did we step on your toes. :thumb: Listen it was pretty obvious to me that Boyd and Mckenzie both were in a different league than the Commode doors this year. And yes we might have scored the go ahead TDs against them passing....but brutal physical running is what did'em in. Not the passing.

Look at the passing stats vs Mckenzie.....that ought to be lesson learned imho. Somehow we managed to duplicate it against Boyd.

Bottom line is 1-7 passing with 5 interceptions and 0 TDs in the semi's and finals. Were lucky to have won both games.

As far as me taking the whistle....Creasy is a GREAT COACH WHO I WOULD LOVE TO SEE STAY HERE. Slims got kids to feed....can't do it on a coaches salary....thats fo sho.

1 more thing that giving Seay the ball on 4th down and getting stuffed 3 times.....i don't know where you seen or heard that but its not true.....maybe next time crackback you should actually watch the game.

Oh yea and that playing defense so good you can do what you want....i think i already mentioned that in an earlier post. So at least be original if your gonna post.

Seven I wasn't trying to step on any toes round the creekbank. But what is the problem with players like Seay earning more than just MVP, O,and D,but not getting a chance to represent TC at the collegite level? No one else amongest the poster's even adressed this statement. Great season again for you guys at TC. There have got to be more people there who are concerned with more than just adding to a trophy case. I'm sure i'll be ridiculed for my statement.Not being from there.

Seven I wasn't trying to step on any toes round the creekbank. But what is the problem with players like Seay earning more than just MVP, O,and D,but not getting a chance to represent TC at the collegite level? No one else amongest the poster's even adressed this statement. Great season again for you guys at TC. There have got to be more people there who are concerned with more than just adding to a trophy case. I'm sure i'll be ridiculed for my statement.Not being from there.

bossbro....just like you guys....we've had'em both ways. I know Chad Evitts had a great college career..and almost made the Steelers...Dustin Dillehay is doing awesome in college....Dewayne Harper done awesome in college..Then you've got great HS players that can't or won't do the bookwork to get it. It's the same everywhere i would imagine. Athleticly Seay could be playing on Saturdays...if he wants to commit to the bookwork. Its all on him.

SOFT.

Hey. I'm with ya then. I won't argue. TC beat a soft, soft as bread, team by a grand total of 6 points.

So....the mighty Jackets couldn't score from the 2 yard line in 4 plays against a soft , like bread, team?

Kind of makes them look a little like charmin themselves...don't you think??

I guess you convinced me and I have to agree with you.

SOFT.

Hey. I'm with ya then. I won't argue. TC beat a soft, soft as bread, team by a grand total of 6 points.

So....the mighty Jackets couldn't score from the 2 yard line in 4 plays against a soft , like bread, team?

Kind of makes them look a little like charmin themselves...don't you think??

I guess you convinced me and I have to agree with you agree with you.

As an avid TC supporter, who saw all four playoff games, I agree with your logic. If BB is soft, then we beat a soft team by 6 points, and that doesn't make my favorite high school football team look very good.

With my opinion, and about a $1.50 you can buy a cup of coffee, but I am going to give it anyway. My ranking of TC's playoff opponents is as follows:

1. McKenzie

2. Friendship Christian

3. Boyd Buchanan

4. Whitehouse Heritage

McKenzie played us very hard, and I think they were our strongest opponent, but if Creasy had wanted to score another touchdown at the end of the game, I think he could have. If TC had played as good against BB as they did against Friendship Christian, I think the margin of victory would have been greater than 14 points. That's why I rank BB third. Still, I would not say that BB was soft; they held us to 13 points and stopped us four times at the goal line. I think McKenzie, FC, and BB were all good, strong teams, and none of them were "SOFT".

Grunt,

Creasy leave? Why would he? When he receives support from hypocrites like you. Got complaints about a championship? I think there were 8 schools that left Cookeville with a silver ball that would have died for a 6-point victory. As far as questions, Creasy gave the ball to Seay on 3 occasions- ALL 4TH DOWNS…STUFFED ALL 3 TIMES. (do you think Boyd may have been keying on him?) “I’d get on the bus after feeding it to him 4 times” Brilliant. How many snaps have you coached again? And the passing attack… You didn’t seem to complain when they scored both the go-ahead touchdowns thru the air against Friendship. Were you yelling & screaming when Cox caught a 32 yd. pass in the 1st quarter? By the way, when your defense is playing as well as TC’s, you can do anything you want. As far as Creasy on TV, he doesn’t mind taking the heat off a 17-year-old QB...a guy taking the blame instead of taking the credit. I’m starting to agree with you Grunt, get rid of that idiot coach ya’ll have. 28 & 1- who needs him, give Grunt & Shady the whistles!

Ok, you must be drunk, can't read, or both. I never said anything about Creasy leaving. I have NO idea

what he will do. Personally I certainly hope he stays on the Creekbank. Maybe you missed the game.

BB could not stop Seay consistently all day long. 1st & goal at the 1...give it to #5. He got us there,

odds are in his favor. Whether you agree or not, is your opinion. Haven't talked to anyone else that

shares your opinion, and I've talked to quite a few.

Also, we weren't playing Friendship..apples & oranges.

If your defense is playing well doesn't guarantee you can complete a pass. Rather obvious, huh?

Apparently, Slim & I stepped all over your toes on a personal level. Happens on this board. Can't

take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. The whole game speaks for itself. Creasy made some mistakes,

and said so publicly. Takes a pretty good man to do that on TV. Talk a lesson from him.

Could I take up the whistle, nope, and have no desire to, but I can see the obvious, and call it

like I see it.