ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

Wah wah wah wah wah....

I'm so tired of reading Loudon and CAK are this and that and Milan can't beat them. Truth is, Milan doesn't have to WORRY about beating them until they can beat Alcoa! Because as long as Alcoa is around, CAK and Loudon will never know what it's like to play in a championship game, or face Milan.

IMO, Classes are just numbers based upon the number of kids in your school. It would be entirely possible for a 1A school with great athletes to beat a 6A school with great athletes. The number of kids in the school has no direct correlation on how good one paticular player is. The ONLY difference is, as the 'A's get higher, so do the number of athletes you have to chose from.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oldskooldawg wrote:

"Looks like it's Milan vs. East Tn in this one. Alcoa fans have been talking smack on here for 6 straight years. A couple of Milan fans get excited and all of a sudden we are cocky....arrogant...etc.

Funny how all these chump teams that Alcoa destroys on a weekly basis get on here and talk smack of their own. But that's ok..right?

Even more funny how 50footballmom constantly tells other teams how they would beat Milan too? Talk about lack of respect for your opponent. Look in the mirror East Tn."

OK, I have been reading all this back and forth nonsense from both sides. It seems like all the Milan people keep wanting facts and evidence to back up statements. How bout this:

Milan's 2009 schedule(with team record) :

Fri Aug. 21 Jackson Christian 4-6(class A)

Fri Aug. 28 at Huntingdon 8-4(class A)

Fri Sep. 4 Westview 7-5

Fri Sep. 11 Humboldt 7-5(class A)

Fri Sep. 18 at Gibson Co. 0-10

Fri Sep. 25 at Peabody 5-5(class A)

Fri Oct. 2 Ripley 4-6

Fri Oct. 16 Dyersburg 5-6

Fri Oct. 23 at Covington 2-8

Fri Oct. 30 at Crockett Co. 11-2

Fri Nov. 6 Stewart Co. 6-5

Fri Nov. 13 Oakhaven 6-6

Fri Nov. 20 Camden Central 11-2

Fri Nov. 27 York Institute 10-4

Milan played "4" teams with a winning record during the regular season and of those 4 teams, 2 of them were 7-5 being just 1 game away from .500 and 2 of them were single A classified teams! In the playoffs, Milan played #51 Stewart Co with a 6-5 record, #64 Oakhaven with a 6-6 record, #8 Camden Central with a 11-2 record(quality opponent), and #24 York Institute with a 10-4 record. Total record of teams played in the playoffs: 33 wins and 17 losses. Overall, the 2 teams ranked the highest and with the best record that Milan has played is #14 Crockett Co at 11-2 and #8 Camden Central at 11-2...if you look at these 2 teams closer, you will see that Crockett Co played the #88 ranked schedule and Camden Central played the #58 ranked schedule. Milan has also only played away from home 5 times this year and 1 of those being at 0-10 Gibson Co. If you look closer at Milan's schedule(ranked #46 toughest in AA by the way) of teams played, Milan's wins, and opponents wins and losses...it is not as impressive as thier record indicates.

Now, with that being said...I think Milan is a very good football team and has a great set of linebackers! Being 14-0, is a big accomplishment and Milan is very deserving of being where they are going to be this friday eve. I am simply trying to provide some facts and records to back up some statements from us "uneducated" East Tennessee fans as to why we think Loudon(notice the O and not the E in the spelling) and CAK could compete and possibly beat Milan too.

Lets look at our Tornadoes for a minute. We opened up on the road at #1 ranked and defending 4A kentucky state champions(15-0) Bell Co who is 13-1(only loss to Alcoa). The next week, we played #1 ranked 6A Maryville(who in some polls are ranked in top 50 in the nation). Maryville is 13-1 heading into thier state champ game with thier only loss a 41-24 defeat by Alcoa. We then played #13 Loudon which is another one of our big rivals before playing the Fulton Falcons whom were the preseason #1 team in thier class(AAA) in the state(currently #16). We then played through 4 games of opponents who had below .500 records. We finished up against McMinn Central who was ranked #8 in the state when we played and then for the region championship against #3 ranked and undefeated CAK. We played #36 Tyner 6-5, #5 CAK 10-2(both losses to Alcoa), #13 Loudon 10-3(1 loss to CAK and 2 from Alcoa), and #9 Elizabethton(1 loss to CAK, 1 to a North Carolina team, and other to Alcoa) in the playoffs. Our strength of schedule is #2(dont see how!!!???).

Also, 6 of the "chump teams we demolish" every week had schedules ranked in the top 20 toughest...including CAK at #14! For that matter, Loudon also played a tougher schedule than did Milan. Loudon also went on the road in the playoffs and defeated previously undefeated Polk Co whom was ranked at #3 just 1 spot below Milan. All of this is some evidence and some facts that help support our OPINION of why we think CAK and Loudon could play with and beat Milan. However, like I said earlier Milan is a good team(just like CAK and Loudon), is 14-0 and going to the state championship game...they just get the break of being on the other side of the state!

Now that we have given some things to back up our side...PLEASE, do tell us the stats and reasoning that back up your statements about us playing "chump teams" and that teams in your region would beat teams in ours????

After this, I think that if I were Milan I would shut up !!

No one was arguing Alcoa's resume. That is what is so funny about this. We were trying to figure out what in the world makes Loudon and CAK people think they deserve to get on here and say that they would beat us. Just proof that some people apparently don't read an entire post.

You are right....this is just proof that some people apparently don't read an entire post!!!!! - "I am simply trying to provide some facts and records to back up some statements from us "uneducated" East Tennessee fans as to why we think Loudon(notice the O and not the E in the spelling) and CAK could compete and possibly beat Milan too." - 1st reference in earlier post! --- "Also, 6 of the "chump teams we demolish" every week had schedules ranked in the top 20 toughest...including CAK at #14! For that matter, Loudon also played a tougher schedule than did Milan. Loudon also went on the road in the playoffs and defeated previously undefeated Polk Co whom was ranked at #3 just 1 spot below Milan. All of this is some evidence and some facts that help support our OPINION of why we think CAK and Loudon could play with and beat Milan." - 2nd reference in earlier post! ---- AGAIN, I WAS JUST TRYING TO GIVE SOME STATS AND SOME SOLID GROUND(THAT WAS ASKED FOR IN MILAN POSTS) TO BACK UP OUR OPINION OF WHY WE BELIEVE CAK AND LOUDON COULD PLAY AND POSSIBLY BEAT MILAN. - That is what my post was started over. I referenced Alcoa and thier resume to back up some peoples opinions on final scores and also the caliber of teams that CAK and Loudon lost to. You are right though, Alcoa doesnt need to submit a resume!

Now to your other post...

"Again my point is missed. Even though I throw out stats, it proves nothing one way or another, but I will so you will feel better. In 14 games this year, Milan has given up 140 points. That is 10 points a game. We have scored 549 points in 14 games. That is 39.2 points per game. Our weakness if we have one, is against the passing game. However, I believe of all these teams we are talking about, all are run 1st teams. Against the run Milan gave up 1511 rushing yards on 434 attempts. That is just over 3 yards per carry that we are giving up. Milan is also 28-1 in the last 2 years. Our average margin of victory is 29 points."

Again, just to provide factual evidence of why we think CAK and Loudon can play with you: All of the stats you posted above were obtained against the #46 ranked schedule in AA that included 4 games vs single A teams, 6 games against teams not ranked in the top 50 in thier class, an 0-10 team, and only 4 teams during the regular season with a winning record.

--- Lets look at CAK 1st: they scored 342 points in 12 games = 28.5 pts per game! They gave up 172 points in those 12 games = 14.3 pts per game! COMPARED TO MILAN: they are averaging 10 pts less a game and giving up 4 more points a game...MILAN has the #46 ranked schedule and CAK has #14!!! CAK is this close to MILAN with a schedule almost 4 times as difficult, and playing the #1 team in the state twice(which was thier only 2 losses and who has the best defense in the state). CAK also played 4 teams ranked in the top 10 in thier class and 1 team ranked in top 4 in lower class. --- Saying CAK can beat MILAN doesnt sound like such an upset now, huh?

--- Lets look at Loudon: they scored 339 points in 13 games = 26 pts per game! They gave up 132 points in those 13 games = 10 pts per game! COMPARED TO MILAN: they are averaging 13 pts less a game and both are giving up 10 pts per gm on defense. Again, Loudon played a tougher schedule per rankings and played CAK once and ALCOA twice. Loudon played 4 teams ranked in top 4 in the state...3 of those games on the road!!

--- Lets look further at Milan: "In 14 games this year, Milan has given up 140 points. That is 10 points a game. We have scored 549 points in 14 games. That is 39.2 points per game." -- Schedule strength in AA is #46. The 2 best teams on Milan's schedule were Camden Central who averaged 29.2 pts per gm and gave up 14.5 on the #58 toughest schedule...a margin of victory of 15 pts per game on the #58 toughest schedule! Crockett co averaged 33.7 pts per gm and gave up 13.5 on the #88 ranked schedule....the avg margin of victory against the #88 ranked schedule is 20! CAK and Loudon dont look too bad huh???

I believe the "uneducated" fans in East Tennessee are more than justified in thier opinion supported by these facts that CAK and Loudon can play with and possibly beat Milan!

Wah wah wah wah wah....

I'm so tired of reading Loudon and CAK are this and that and Milan can't beat them. Truth is, Milan doesn't have to WORRY about beating them until they can beat Alcoa! Because as long as Alcoa is around, CAK and Loudon will never know what it's like to play in a championship game, or face Milan.

IMO, Classes are just numbers based upon the number of kids in your school. It would be entirely possible for a 1A school with great athletes to beat a 6A school with great athletes. The number of kids in the school has no direct correlation on how good one paticular player is. The ONLY difference is, as the 'A's get higher, so do the number of athletes you have to chose from.

Debth has no bearing on a football game? So a team with 30 great athletes would beat a team with 15 great athletes and 75 good ones that rotate in and out the whole game?

oldskooldawg wrote:

"Looks like it's Milan vs. East Tn in this one. Alcoa fans have been talking smack on here for 6 straight years. A couple of Milan fans get excited and all of a sudden we are cocky....arrogant...etc.

Funny how all these chump teams that Alcoa destroys on a weekly basis get on here and talk smack of their own. But that's ok..right?

Even more funny how 50footballmom constantly tells other teams how they would beat Milan too? Talk about lack of respect for your opponent. Look in the mirror East Tn."

OK, I have been reading all this back and forth nonsense from both sides. It seems like all the Milan people keep wanting facts and evidence to back up statements. How bout this:

Fri Sep. 4 Westview 7-5

Fri Oct. 2 Ripley 4-6

Fri Nov. 13 Oakhaven 6-6

Milan played "4" teams with a winning record during the regular season and of those 4 teams, 2 of them were 7-5 being just 1 game away from .500 and 2 of them were single A classified teams! In the playoffs, Milan played #51 Stewart Co with a 6-5 record, #64 Oakhaven with a 6-6 record, #8 Camden Central with a 11-2 record(quality opponent), and #24 York Institute with a 10-4 record. Total record of teams played in the playoffs: 33 wins and 17 losses. Overall, the 2 teams ranked the highest and with the best record that Milan has played is #14 Crockett Co at 11-2 and #8 Camden Central at 11-2...if you look at these 2 teams closer, you will see that Crockett Co played the #88 ranked schedule and Camden Central played the #58 ranked schedule. Milan has also only played away from home 5 times this year and 1 of those being at 0-10 Gibson Co. If you look closer at Milan's schedule(ranked #46 toughest in AA by the way) of teams played, Milan's wins, and opponents wins and losses...it is not as impressive as thier record indicates.

Now, with that being said...I think Milan is a very good football team and has a great set of linebackers! Being 14-0, is a big accomplishment and Milan is very deserving of being where they are going to be this friday eve. I am simply trying to provide some facts and records to back up some statements from us "uneducated" East Tennessee fans as to why we think Loudon(notice the O and not the E in the spelling) and CAK could compete and possibly beat Milan too.

Lets look at our Tornadoes for a minute. We opened up on the road at #1 ranked and defending 4A kentucky state champions(15-0) Bell Co who is 13-1(only loss to Alcoa). The next week, we played #1 ranked 6A Maryville(who in some polls are ranked in top 50 in the nation). Maryville is 13-1 heading into thier state champ game with thier only loss a 41-24 defeat by Alcoa. We then played #13 Loudon which is another one of our big rivals before playing the Fulton Falcons whom were the preseason #1 team in thier class(AAA) in the state(currently #16). We then played through 4 games of opponents who had below .500 records. We finished up against McMinn Central who was ranked #8 in the state when we played and then for the region championship against #3 ranked and undefeated CAK. We played #36 Tyner 6-5, #5 CAK 10-2(both losses to Alcoa), #13 Loudon 10-3(1 loss to CAK and 2 from Alcoa), and #9 Elizabethton(1 loss to CAK, 1 to a North Carolina team, and other to Alcoa) in the playoffs. Our strength of schedule is #2(dont see how!!!???).

Also, 6 of the "chump teams we demolish" every week had schedules ranked in the top 20 toughest...including CAK at #14! For that matter, Loudon also played a tougher schedule than did Milan. Loudon also went on the road in the playoffs and defeated previously undefeated Polk Co whom was ranked at #3 just 1 spot below Milan. All of this is some evidence and some facts that help support our OPINION of why we think CAK and Loudon could play with and beat Milan. However, like I said earlier Milan is a good team(just like CAK and Loudon), is 14-0 and going to the state championship game...they just get the break of being on the other side of the state!

Now that we have given some things to back up our side...PLEASE, do tell us the stats and reasoning that back up your statements about us playing "chump teams" and that teams in your region would beat teams in ours????

Deion24 thanks for the props.We(Loudon) beat a 6a,2 5a,and 3 4a schools.There were no 1a or 2a schools on our schedule.Milan's schedule hasn't prepared them for Alcoa.Ask Elizabethton about that.If their not in Region 4 they just don't understand.

Well we did not play any 5a or 6a teams, but there are not many to choose from and we have many historical rivals. We did play four 4A teams, and JCS is not a class A team, they are division 2.

Paintedbridge,

Ms. Johnnie had more spunk and drive in her 5' 3" frame than most men in this world. The stadium is named after her because she started the football program at Milan High School. She would occassionally come back and teach after she retired and I had the fortune to be in a couple of classes she taught. A great woman and educator, who could teach most people a thing or two about winning and being a winner.

Paintedbridge,

Ms. Johnnie had more spunk and drive in her 5' 3" frame than most men in this world. The stadium is named after her because she started the football program at Milan High School. She would occassionally come back and teach after she retired and I had the fortune to be in a couple of classes she taught. A great woman and educator, who could teach most people a thing or two about winning and being a winner.

I second that. I've heard nothing but great things about her.

PaintedBridge just takes cheap shots and acts 17 again.

Fri Sep. 4 Westview 7-5

Fri Oct. 2 Ripley 4-6

Fri Nov. 13 Oakhaven 6-6

After this, I think that if I were Milan I would shut up !!

No one was arguing Alcoa's resume. That is what is so funny about this. We were trying to figure out what in the world makes Loudon and CAK people think they deserve to get on here and say that they would beat us. Just proof that some people apparently don't read an entire post.

You are right....this is just proof that some people apparently don't read an entire post!!!!! - "I am simply trying to provide some facts and records to back up some statements from us "uneducated" East Tennessee fans as to why we think Loudon(notice the O and not the E in the spelling) and CAK could compete and possibly beat Milan too." - 1st reference in earlier post! --- "Also, 6 of the "chump teams we demolish" every week had schedules ranked in the top 20 toughest...including CAK at #14! For that matter, Loudon also played a tougher schedule than did Milan. Loudon also went on the road in the playoffs and defeated previously undefeated Polk Co whom was ranked at #3 just 1 spot below Milan. All of this is some evidence and some facts that help support our OPINION of why we think CAK and Loudon could play with and beat Milan." - 2nd reference in earlier post! ---- AGAIN, I WAS JUST TRYING TO GIVE SOME STATS AND SOME SOLID GROUND(THAT WAS ASKED FOR IN MILAN POSTS) TO BACK UP OUR OPINION OF WHY WE BELIEVE CAK AND LOUDON COULD PLAY AND POSSIBLY BEAT MILAN. - That is what my post was started over. I referenced Alcoa and thier resume to back up some peoples opinions on final scores and also the caliber of teams that CAK and Loudon lost to. You are right though, Alcoa doesnt need to submit a resume!

Now to your other post...

"Again my point is missed. Even though I throw out stats, it proves nothing one way or another, but I will so you will feel better. In 14 games this year, Milan has given up 140 points. That is 10 points a game. We have scored 549 points in 14 games. That is 39.2 points per game. Our weakness if we have one, is against the passing game. However, I believe of all these teams we are talking about, all are run 1st teams. Against the run Milan gave up 1511 rushing yards on 434 attempts. That is just over 3 yards per carry that we are giving up. Milan is also 28-1 in the last 2 years. Our average margin of victory is 29 points."

Again, just to provide factual evidence of why we think CAK and Loudon can play with you: All of the stats you posted above were obtained against the #46 ranked schedule in AA that included 4 games vs single A teams, 6 games against teams not ranked in the top 50 in thier class, an 0-10 team, and only 4 teams during the regular season with a winning record.

--- Lets look at CAK 1st: they scored 342 points in 12 games = 28.5 pts per game! They gave up 172 points in those 12 games = 14.3 pts per game! COMPARED TO MILAN: they are averaging 10 pts less a game and giving up 4 more points a game...MILAN has the #46 ranked schedule and CAK has #14!!! CAK is this close to MILAN with a schedule almost 4 times as difficult, and playing the #1 team in the state twice(which was thier only 2 losses and who has the best defense in the state). CAK also played 4 teams ranked in the top 10 in thier class and 1 team ranked in top 4 in lower class. --- Saying CAK can beat MILAN doesnt sound like such an upset now, huh?

--- Lets look at Loudon: they scored 339 points in 13 games = 26 pts per game! They gave up 132 points in those 13 games = 10 pts per game! COMPARED TO MILAN: they are averaging 13 pts less a game and both are giving up 10 pts per gm on defense. Again, Loudon played a tougher schedule per rankings and played CAK once and ALCOA twice. Loudon played 4 teams ranked in top 4 in the state...3 of those games on the road!!

--- Lets look further at Milan: "In 14 games this year, Milan has given up 140 points. That is 10 points a game. We have scored 549 points in 14 games. That is 39.2 points per game." -- Schedule strength in AA is #46. The 2 best teams on Milan's schedule were Camden Central who averaged 29.2 pts per gm and gave up 14.5 on the #58 toughest schedule...a margin of victory of 15 pts per game on the #58 toughest schedule! Crockett co averaged 33.7 pts per gm and gave up 13.5 on the #88 ranked schedule....the avg margin of victory against the #88 ranked schedule is 20! CAK and Loudon dont look too bad huh???

I believe the "uneducated" fans in East Tennessee are more than justified in thier opinion supported by these facts that CAK and Loudon can play with and possibly beat Milan!

Well you got the "uneducated right." I knew I was going to get myself dragged into a stupid argument. I said show me some stats yes, but I also said that the stats wouldn't matter. The reason is that there is no common opponent. How do you know Milan would not do the same thing against that schedule? Did CAK and Loudon take starters out of every game at the half? I never said our schedule was not easier. In fact in one post I even agreed with that statement. That does not however mean that we are not as good as CAK and Loudon. It would be one thing to get on here and give a prediction about CAK/Loudon vs. Milan if that game were going to happen, but it isn't. Therefore, what is the point. The point is that some people don't think Milan is deserving. Those types of comments are made by disrespectful sore losers. I hope this has made my point clear. Man, I can't wait for Milan to bring that gold ball home on Friday. I wonder what people will say then.

Well you got the "uneducated right." I knew I was going to get myself dragged into a stupid argument. I said show me some stats yes, but I also said that the stats wouldn't matter. The reason is that there is no common opponent. How do you know Milan would not do the same thing against that schedule? Did CAK and Loudon take starters out of every game at the half? I never said our schedule was not easier. In fact in one post I even agreed with that statement. That does not however mean that we are not as good as CAK and Loudon. It would be one thing to get on here and give a prediction about CAK/Loudon vs. Milan if that game were going to happen, but it isn't. Therefore, what is the point. The point is that some people don't think Milan is deserving. Those types of comments are made by disrespectful sore losers. I hope this has made my point clear. Man, I can't wait for Milan to bring that gold ball home on Friday. I wonder what people will say then.

The question is: what are Milan fans going to say after the Tornadoes beat you for the second time in two years? All I can remember from last year after the game were a bunch of LAME, and I mean LAME, excuses!!! :roflol: