ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

As an east tennessee football fan i'll chunk my two cents into the ring. Alcoa convincingly defeated the #1 6A school in the state of tennessee. The manhandled Bell Co. Ky, who was knocked out of the 4A semifinals last week. Along with the gold balls the resume speaks for itself. Futhermore, Alcoa plays in a stout district (Their #3 team knocked off previously undefeated Polk Co.). So Milan fans don't get your junk all in a wad because east tenneseans are backing the tornadoes. People aren't saying your team is awful, they're simply saying that your team is going to lose... and probably big.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do love this thread. All the pictures. The smack talk. The two teams fans going back and forth. Trolls that wish their season wasn't over getting on here and trying to extend the season. Oh well, come Saturday it will all be over and we have to wait for another season to roll in. I truly appreciate the opportunity to read about all the different teams and get to participate. Thanks CoachT.com I am sure hoping for a good game. I would be interested to know what kind of teams each of these programs will have next year. Trolls please feel free to let everybody know what you guys will have next year as well. :popcorneater:

I love the Louden and CAK fans that come on here and talk down to Milan. How they can't beat Alcoa.

OBVIOUSLY you can't! Everyone knows in West TN, that Alcoa will be in the SHIP every year, because no one over there can step up for one game and win. WHERE has LOUDEN AND CAK been the past 6 years???

You can't lose to Alcoa twice, every year, then come on here and talk about how the Alcoa team will destroy another team. Sour grapes. If I lose to a team TWICE, every year, I might just jump on that wagon and down-talk the other team the next week too. NOT.

Everyone in the west knows alcoa will be there, everyone in the east knows alcoa will come back champs. They are supporting their region. Do you expect them to cheer on milan? They just know what milan is in for, and they feel their programs could compete with them.

When will a team from the west step up for one game?

GREAT point JohnnieHale!! now you on the other hand MC-Hammer, seem to be making your own excuses and trying to justify something that was just blatantly put in front of your face..sorry, nobody's buying it.

Historical numbers for the game. Overall Alcoa is 587-269-21, Milan is 572-313-16. This decade Alcoa is 123-19, Milan is 107-26. Since 2004 Alcoa is 83-6, Milan is 65-17. Alcoa has been to the semi finals every year except 02. Of their 6 losses since '04 all but 1 have been to Maryville. So...if you take Maryville off their schedule Alcoa is 82-1 since 2004 and that loss came to Fulton who later won the 3A state title with Dennis Rogan. Milan is proud of their 14-0 record this year....why don't you guys play Riverdale, Oakland, or some other bigger 5A or 6A school that is the equivalent (at least in theory) to a Maryville??????

Constantly?? I said it once but if you want constantly, I will say it again. CAK and Loudon both have excellent programs. IMO, for what it is worth, I think that both are championship teams and could have a victory over the Milan team.

blah blah blah. Could you define a holding penalty for me?

You are asking me this question, why????? Because I am female? Get over yourself, I have a right to an opinion, just like you do. I at least give mine with a little tact.

Now, I simply think a great deal of both the Loudon and CAK programs. They are getting better and stronger year over year because they play some tough teams and don't make excuses for losses. They tighten their britches and keep on working hard with grit and determination.

No, I don't ask that question because you are a female and I resent the fact that you think that way about someone you have never met. I ask that because your posts sound like someone that does not really know what they are talking about. Why do you think they would win? What info do you have? What is it about Milan that makes you think that they are inferior to Louden and CAK? At least back up your statement. I don't think you can back up your statement. I don't think you have done any research on any of these teams. You are the fan that complains about what happens in the game because you don't know what is going on but you want to look like you do. The sad thing is that by acting that way, everyone sees that you in fact don't know what you are talking about.

And have you done any research on Loudon and CAK that would explain to all of us why Milan would not lose to either of them? In case you don't know...CAK had 2 losses both to Alcoa and Loudon had 3 losses; 2 to Alcoa and 1 to CAK. Common factor is that Alcoa topped them both but that when playing either outside their district or against bigger classifications they won every game.

Constantly?? I said it once but if you want constantly, I will say it again. CAK and Loudon both have excellent programs. IMO, for what it is worth, I think that both are championship teams and could have a victory over the Milan team.

blah blah blah. Could you define a holding penalty for me?

You are asking me this question, why????? Because I am female? Get over yourself, I have a right to an opinion, just like you do. I at least give mine with a little tact.

Now, I simply think a great deal of both the Loudon and CAK programs. They are getting better and stronger year over year because they play some tough teams and don't make excuses for losses. They tighten their britches and keep on working hard with grit and determination.

No, I don't ask that question because you are a female and I resent the fact that you think that way about someone you have never met. I ask that because your posts sound like someone that does not really know what they are talking about. Why do you think they would win? What info do you have? What is it about Milan that makes you think that they are inferior to Louden and CAK? At least back up your statement. I don't think you can back up your statement. I don't think you have done any research on any of these teams. You are the fan that complains about what happens in the game because you don't know what is going on but you want to look like you do. The sad thing is that by acting that way, everyone sees that you in fact don't know what you are talking about.

If everyone that posts on coacht needs a stat before posting an opinion I am afraid they would have to shut down this site. I have extended family living in Milan and all around that area and we discuss our respective teams on a weekly basis during football season. They are, for the most part, big Milan fans. I don't see you accusing any other poster about their "so called" lack of knowledge so why me unless it pertains to being female? Again, it is simply my opinion with input from Milan fans.

There may be a lot of folks talking out of the other side of their face come Saturday morning.

ALCOA is not UNBEATABLE.

MILAN is an undefeated team also.

Combine the two and you should have a good game.

I remember another great Alcoa team that ran into a Huntindon team in the Boro, that just flat out played them.

Anyone remember that one? Selective memory I guess.

How did this become a Huntingdon thread? I remember the game well....Alcoa won 52-41. I also remember the fact that none of the current players were on that team :popcorneater: You are right, that Alcoa team was a great team but it was not their best team...many of those guys were young at the time. That team had a lot of heart and defiance and set the foundation for what is here today. Yeah they ran into Huntingdon and they also knocked them over.

oldskooldawg wrote:

"Looks like it's Milan vs. East Tn in this one. Alcoa fans have been talking smack on here for 6 straight years. A couple of Milan fans get excited and all of a sudden we are cocky....arrogant...etc.

Funny how all these chump teams that Alcoa destroys on a weekly basis get on here and talk smack of their own. But that's ok..right?

Even more funny how 50footballmom constantly tells other teams how they would beat Milan too? Talk about lack of respect for your opponent. Look in the mirror East Tn."

OK, I have been reading all this back and forth nonsense from both sides. It seems like all the Milan people keep wanting facts and evidence to back up statements. How bout this:

Milan's 2009 schedule(with team record) :

Fri Aug. 21 Jackson Christian 4-6(class A)

Fri Aug. 28 at Huntingdon 8-4(class A)

Fri Sep. 4 Westview 7-5

Fri Sep. 11 Humboldt 7-5(class A)

Fri Sep. 18 at Gibson Co. 0-10

Fri Sep. 25 at Peabody 5-5(class A)

Fri Oct. 2 Ripley 4-6

Fri Oct. 16 Dyersburg 5-6

Fri Oct. 23 at Covington 2-8

Fri Oct. 30 at Crockett Co. 11-2

Fri Nov. 6 Stewart Co. 6-5

Fri Nov. 13 Oakhaven 6-6

Fri Nov. 20 Camden Central 11-2

Fri Nov. 27 York Institute 10-4

Milan played "4" teams with a winning record during the regular season and of those 4 teams, 2 of them were 7-5 being just 1 game away from .500 and 2 of them were single A classified teams! In the playoffs, Milan played #51 Stewart Co with a 6-5 record, #64 Oakhaven with a 6-6 record, #8 Camden Central with a 11-2 record(quality opponent), and #24 York Institute with a 10-4 record. Total record of teams played in the playoffs: 33 wins and 17 losses. Overall, the 2 teams ranked the highest and with the best record that Milan has played is #14 Crockett Co at 11-2 and #8 Camden Central at 11-2...if you look at these 2 teams closer, you will see that Crockett Co played the #88 ranked schedule and Camden Central played the #58 ranked schedule. Milan has also only played away from home 5 times this year and 1 of those being at 0-10 Gibson Co. If you look closer at Milan's schedule(ranked #46 toughest in AA by the way) of teams played, Milan's wins, and opponents wins and losses...it is not as impressive as thier record indicates.

Now, with that being said...I think Milan is a very good football team and has a great set of linebackers! Being 14-0, is a big accomplishment and Milan is very deserving of being where they are going to be this friday eve. I am simply trying to provide some facts and records to back up some statements from us "uneducated" East Tennessee fans as to why we think Loudon(notice the O and not the E in the spelling) and CAK could compete and possibly beat Milan too.

Lets look at our Tornadoes for a minute. We opened up on the road at #1 ranked and defending 4A kentucky state champions(15-0) Bell Co who is 13-1(only loss to Alcoa). The next week, we played #1 ranked 6A Maryville(who in some polls are ranked in top 50 in the nation). Maryville is 13-1 heading into thier state champ game with thier only loss a 41-24 defeat by Alcoa. We then played #13 Loudon which is another one of our big rivals before playing the Fulton Falcons whom were the preseason #1 team in thier class(AAA) in the state(currently #16). We then played through 4 games of opponents who had below .500 records. We finished up against McMinn Central who was ranked #8 in the state when we played and then for the region championship against #3 ranked and undefeated CAK. We played #36 Tyner 6-5, #5 CAK 10-2(both losses to Alcoa), #13 Loudon 10-3(1 loss to CAK and 2 from Alcoa), and #9 Elizabethton(1 loss to CAK, 1 to a North Carolina team, and other to Alcoa) in the playoffs. Our strength of schedule is #2(dont see how!!!???).

Also, 6 of the "chump teams we demolish" every week had schedules ranked in the top 20 toughest...including CAK at #14! For that matter, Loudon also played a tougher schedule than did Milan. Loudon also went on the road in the playoffs and defeated previously undefeated Polk Co whom was ranked at #3 just 1 spot below Milan. All of this is some evidence and some facts that help support our OPINION of why we think CAK and Loudon could play with and beat Milan. However, like I said earlier Milan is a good team(just like CAK and Loudon), is 14-0 and going to the state championship game...they just get the break of being on the other side of the state!

Now that we have given some things to back up our side...PLEASE, do tell us the stats and reasoning that back up your statements about us playing "chump teams" and that teams in your region would beat teams in ours????

Wow, I get off work and go to sleep, wake up to find 10 pages added....this shall be a fun week!

In response to Milan being an "Open" zone, no they are not. The rule that you spoke of in our handbook, is to COVER any child, who has less than 2 years left in the current school that they are in. After that, they HAVE to move to their assigned district. The ONLY kids who are allowed in 9th grade to "hand pick" the school they wish to attend, are students that live in the county but not in a clearly defined district.

Example: If a student is in 7th grade, they can finish attending Milan until they complete the 8th grade. That is 2 years. However, if they are in 6th grade, they have to go to the school they are assigned. I watched this happen this year, where two brothers, one in 6th, one in 8th, moved to Trenton. The 6th grader had to pick up, middle of the school year and move, where the 8th grader could stay in Milan. The 8th grader is now considered a "tuition" student, and must submit an application and pay a fee to stay in Milan, but they have that choice until the end of the school year. He will not be allowed to attend MHS. Same goes for the high school....if you move and your child is 9th or 10th grade, they must go to assigned school....11th or 12th can finish out the school.

As stated before, it's not so black and white in Milan. Back in the late 90's early 00's other local school districts were losing kids, and money because kids WANTED to come to Milan. Not just for football, but because Milan is probably THE best school system in Gibson County.

So no Mr. Alcoa...we are NOT the same you and I......I am more complicated! lol

This all being said.....as a Milan fan...the whole open zone crap is old. When we won in '98 and '99...we WERE open zones then. Truth be told, people would probably do just the same that they do in Milan if the zones were closed....they'd just pick up and move their family IN the zone.

As for the "smack talk"...I'm still not sure WHY Milan fans are perceived as cocky and arrogant. Alcoa is the 5-TIME consecutive state champions. They get on here, telling us we're gonna be beat 54-0, 48-0....all this ridiculous crap, Milan fans shoot back with a REALISTIC score of 24-21....and WE are the cocky and arrogant ones.

I think I've figured it out Huf, and Johnnie....these other East TN suck up the Alcoa, HOPING that when they play...NEXT year by the way....that they won't hurt them SOOO bad. Just hoping that Alcoa will have just a LITTLE mercy on them! lol