Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

CONGRATULATIONS GILES COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL BOBCATS, 2009 CLASS 4A STATE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all knew you could do it and you did! Great effort, Great heart, Great belief in each other and Great job. You are the Baddest Giles County Bobcats to ever play the game!!!!!!! Its been a long time coming and thank you to one and all from a long time fan.

To Gville, what a gritty fighting buch of young men you have, That silver ball is pretty shiny too, while its not the one you were looking for, in time you will be proud of it. Its a fine trophy in itself and well earned.

To all the classy Gville fans I have enjoyed chatting with, good luck next season. To those who have been somewhat classless witht the final result and their comments, keep sucking on those sour grapes, see if you can get them to taste any better.

There's a parade tomorrow and then monday....hmmm....I hear there is another Gold ball to be awarded this same time next year. Lets go get it!!!!

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed, classless post, but he's right about the db's. How do you make it to the state finals with a secondary that is that bad?

Bocephus you are a dillweed. Instead of saying great passes and catches by 12 & 14 from Giles you bad mouth Greeneville that played hard nosed football. You're top notch aren't ya?

footballfame54....you are a loser.

Hey Kev-o and jchs76 im not a loser greeneville is. Nobody remembers second place.lol I actually see now what everybody was saying about you in the first place you cant take your own medicine.

WOW what a game. Greeneville was Everything we expected. Well coached and their young men played hard. The two best teams in 4a fought a slug fest tonight. Met a lot of Devil fans and they had the same class as some of the posters we have been chatting with all week. It was great watching a "TEAM" play a "TEAM".

OC's teams will not quit. Most games this year teams were bigger and faster but Giles had it deep inside. No smack is needed or deserved on either side. Both teams left it on the field. I said it would take 21 to get us and I was right. All year our defense never got the credit it deserved. Well. You got it now.

And for those of you who think the cupboard is bare; keep on thinking because the "Who Dat?" got us a long way this year. We'll always remember and miss #12 along with all of these special seniors but there's somethings that we know that you don't. Preview and debut is set for August, 2010. See ya there! :flower:

For these teams to play this intense game in spite of the crappy officiating is a testament to the talent and discipline of both the players and coaching staff. Congratulations on your big win.

Well well well, Barb, surely you aren't on here complaining about officiating... :flower::roflol: ...I just thought you complained about them on the basketball board.....Was hoping Greeneville would win...but you ragging the officials is better than anything to me at this point.... :flower::roll:

Dick, there were so many no-call, and bad spots and clock management problems , both ways, that these geezers couldn't have called an IMAC game....

I just have to say it was a great, hard fought game. Congrats have to go out to both teams. When a team wins a game in the last few minutes you know it could have gone both ways. Saturday it went Giles' way and it was much deserved. Enjoy the feeling of winning a state title. I have enjoyed chatting with most of you. You are a great group and I hope to see more of you in the future. Great season to both teams. Nothing to hang your head for Devils.

One aspect of the game that became crystal clear was composure. I watched the Columbia Lions loose theirs Friday night and it cost them. Both of these teams never lost their composure. Many comments were made about Giles not having close games at the end and how they would not stand up to the pressure when it came. We knew this was not a issue. Playing Page, David Lipscomb, Columbia Central, and others provided immense pressure situations against teams that will NOT quit. Greeneville just added another notch in Giles program's learning process.

My accolades; Both teams lines. The real war was in the trenches. The match-ups were awesome all night long. LB's made huge plays. #22 for Giles. Broke hand last week & had a clutch catch for a 1st down and a touchdown. Coaching staffs. Two great game plans. Fans. I'm not sure what G/ville fans thought about us but although outnumbered, they really supported their team. Cookeville volunteers. What a nice and accommodating bunch of folks. My heart doctor. Somehow it kept ticking :flower:

I have to agree what an awesome game-no need for Greeneville to hang their heads. I know that losing hurt but you will eventually be proud of your accomplishments of this year. I'll say this although I had all the faith in the world in Giles I kinda didn't want to look there at the end. But our boys pulled out the win. I have to say I think this was the best high school football game I have ever seen. When I looked out there on that field I seen HEART gleaming from both sides of that ball.

Congratulations to both teams on a great game. To the Bobcats, Yeah baby you brought it home.

For me this game was bittersweet. Last game for my son :flower: , but they are the 2009 4A STATE CHAMPS :roflol: . What a way to go out.

For those talking smack about Greeneville-you really need to let it rest-it very easily could have been them walking out of there with that Gold Ball-they have a good team. As with the posts most of the trash talk was not from true team fans but from fans from area teams. I think these two teams have learned to respect each other and earned respect for their programs. No ifs, ands, or buts, woulda, coulda, or shoulda these are the 2 best teams in 4A.

Wallace was their team. When he's gone, they will more than likely be horrible : /

your half way right, but OC knows what he is doing. if he stays he will find a way to bring this team back next year. :popcorneater:

Just to let you know the JV-which consists of most of next years starters were undefeated and they played quite abit in the varsity games. They will be good-but more important they got a taste of what it feels like to win it all. They have the same kind of dedication, determination and heart the Varsity had this year.

Wallace was their team. When he's gone, they will more than likely be horrible : /

Man wolfee. You are so knowledgeable with inside information about the Cats. Please tell us how many underclassmen where on the field last night during the championship game. That's a real indicator of the experience level coming back. So. Go ahead and tell us about Lanny next year & the guys on the field last night.