Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

Wallace was their team. When he's gone, they will more than likely be horrible : /

Nice post Wolf.....that ones even better than your post crying about the officiating/clock. Take your loss like a man!!!

When you have an outstanding coaching staff and a school with tremendous athletes, losing one player from A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM will not make you horrible. Unfortunately we do lose a a lot of players but......again with this strong coaching staff, the amount of playing time and experience of our underclassmen we will NOT "be horrible" as you stated.

I'm a dumb ole Giles County fan but I think Wallace is our QB??? If I am correct that position is on the offense??? Correct me at any time if I am wrong. I think it was our outstanding defense that held your team to 14. The same team that held Liberty and their Ole Miss RB to 14. I could go on and on about our "D". You ever hear that defense wins Championships.....well Giles County has one!!!

On the offensive side why don't you go pull the season stats for #14, #33, #20, #22, not to mention the offensive line....I could go on and on with details but you are not worth the time. Bo Wallace is outstanding and we will miss him. Giles County my friend will not be "horrible". I know you have only posted 5 times but you might want to improve on your 40% negative/crying post percentage.

To all of you classy Greeneville fans (and their are many), you have an outstanding team. Keep your head up, your team played an outstanding game. If anyone got a program take a look at the Greeneville roster and see how many Sophomores they have over 220 lbs........nine. Nice to see you have Spradlin back. Good Luck to you all next year.

Also go to the home page for coach t and pull up the TSSAA stats. That information is unbelievably detailed. I think it has a stat on how many paces up and down the sideline each coach took and how many times each player spit.

Anyway......great job Greeneville.

Way to go GILES COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL 2009 STATE CHAMPIONS

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giles County Fans....don't forget the Christmas parade is today at 3:00. I believe the team is going to be the grand marshall's.

Hey Wolf....if you want to watch you can pull up the Giles County Chamber of Commerce and watch the live video stream you can get a look at the GOLD BALL!!!

Let me say first to the Giles County Bobcat family: Congratulations! I think we all had a good time on here in the week leading up to the game. With the exception of a few (fill in the blank)'s on both sides, this has been a fun exchange and like it has been said so many times the past week, we're not very different from each other. I totally expected exactly that type of game, where we really wouldn't know the outcome until just seconds left on the clock. If anyone wanted excitement from a football game, they got their money's worth yesterday. I hope the Devil coaches and returning players watch this game over and over again because the film is full of lessons to be learned by all. Don't confuse what I'm saying to be criticism. It's not. What I'm saying is this: learn from mistakes, make corrections, and move forward. Greeneville seniors are the ones I most feel for because they won't ever get another shot, but I honestly believe the Devil juniors on down to middle school will be back with more chances at the title. GC, you may too, I just don't know enough about your system. But, I know this: Giles County is the 2009 Tennessee Class 4A State Champions. You won it, you earned it, you deserve it, and you should be prould. No amount of excuses or "what ifs" can take that away.

Devils, awesome season. You have nothing to hang your heads about.

Bobcats, again...Congratulations!

What a game!

I love how some posters are just now showing up. They haven't poseted on the first 80 pages but after the game their tounges are flying. Greeneville was not lucky to get here, the Giles Bobcats will be the first to tell you that. Giles wasn't just Bo Wallace, the Devils will be the first to tell you that. It just is humorous to me that fans can get here and bash teams that finished 1 and 2 in 4A. These two teams were the best, regardless of star players, bad officiating, turnovers, schedules, or anything else for that matter. If you match these two teams up next week a different outcome could have came to us. These two teams were great and Giles was the best on Saturday. Enjoy the gold ball this year Bobcats you desreve it, cause the Devils will be back next year wanting a chance to win it in 2010.

Wallace was their team. When he's gone, they will more than likely be horrible : /

Nice post Wolf.....that ones even better than your post crying about the officiating/clock. Take your loss like a man!!!

When you have an outstanding coaching staff and a school with tremendous athletes, losing one player from A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM will not make you horrible. Unfortunately we do lose a a lot of players but......again with this strong coaching staff, the amount of playing time and experience of our underclassmen we will NOT "be horrible" as you stated.

I'm a dumb ole Giles County fan but I think Wallace is our QB??? If I am correct that position is on the offense??? Correct me at any time if I am wrong. I think it was our outstanding defense that held your team to 14. The same team that held Liberty and their Ole Miss RB to 14. I could go on and on about our "D". You ever hear that defense wins Championships.....well Giles County has one!!!

On the offensive side why don't you go pull the season stats for #14, #33, #20, #22, not to mention the offensive line....I could go on and on with details but you are not worth the time. Bo Wallace is outstanding and we will miss him. Giles County my friend will not be "horrible". I know you have only posted 5 times but you might want to improve on your 40% negative/crying post percentage.

To all of you classy Greeneville fans (and their are many), you have an outstanding team. Keep your head up, your team played an outstanding game. If anyone got a program take a look at the Greeneville roster and see how many Sophomores they have over 220 lbs........nine. Nice to see you have Spradlin back. Good Luck to you all next year.

Also go to the home page for coach t and pull up the TSSAA stats. That information is unbelievably detailed. I think it has a stat on how many paces up and down the sideline each coach took and how many times each player spit.

Anyway......great job Greeneville.

Way to go GILES COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL 2009 STATE CHAMPIONS

I don't go to Greeneville. Would you like to try again?

Edit: I am also aware of the penalties called on Giles County that were not just. I'm from a neutral party regarding this game.

Man what a ride this has been. On my last post I said Make sure they remember forever the day they played the BOBCATS. Well from what I saw in the Giles locker room after the game was cuts, bruises and scrapes that will make sure the BOBCATS remember the green devils. Those boys were bringing the pain. I started my posting because believe it or I had to defend our QB. I got tired of the bashing he was recieving. I am hoping with all that Bo has achieved lately all that nonsense wil cease. Lets see: Mr. Football, Title game MVP, and leading the TEAM to a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. I am sure someone will pick something to wine about but all questions have been answered. Gdevil i came loooking for my shirt couldnt find it but found alot of Greeneville(spelled it right) fans that were just like our fans, humble and glad to be there but confident in their teams ability to play the game. Congats to both teams, but as always GO CATS!!!!

Bocephus you are a dillweed. Instead of saying great passes and catches by 12 & 14 from Giles you bad mouth Greeneville that played hard nosed football. You're top notch aren't ya?

footballfame54....you are a loser.

I wouldn't call them great passes or catches... they didn't have to be particularly good, because the receivers were so far behind the secondary. Just making a statement, and asking why Greeneville's secondary was so bad. I'm not trying to rip on these kids or anything, but given the scores that were given up i think it's a fair question, and don't see why you need to resort to name calling.

Was this a problem all season?

I took it as a backhanded swipe at a team that just played for a state championship. I live in Nashville so I have no idea how they played all year, but in fact if 14 had not beaten a db the plays would not have happened. And if 12 had not thrown strikes on those it would not have happened. Name calling I apologize for. I respectfully disagree about it not being particularly good. If the db's were so bad why wasn't the score 77-14?

agreed, classless post, but he's right about the db's. How do you make it to the state finals with a secondary that is that bad?

Bocephus you are a dillweed. Instead of saying great passes and catches by 12 & 14 from Giles you bad mouth Greeneville that played hard nosed football. You're top notch aren't ya?

footballfame54....you are a loser.

Hey Kev-o and jchs76 im not a loser greeneville is. Nobody remembers second place.lol I actually see now what everybody was saying about you in the first place you cant take your own medicine.

Dude or dudette...whichever, I live in Nashville. I see Whites Creek all over you, in fact I live less than 5 miles from your school. I have not posted anything except calling you out as a jerk. Thanks for proving me right.

Found no one, but like I said I havent bashed anyone or any team so some of the others might want to stay under the radar. This was like a game to me and I enjoyed playing. To the guy that talked about Bo's whodini act in the pocket, we have seen it all year, but he didnt escape all those power shots and believe me he felt everyone, but all these boys are true WARRIORS. Enjoy the parade today you guys earned it. Both TEAMS earned it.

When a QB throws a ball from his own 12 yard line and the receiver catches it on the opposite 34 (thats 54 yards...had to get my calculator out....i only have 10 fingers and 8 toes)....the reciever never alters his route, never speeds up or slows downs....54 yards full stride....I think it would be considered a great throw :popcorneater: