Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

The muffed punt was just one play. I don't think it was the difference but I agree it fits in with the "high-lite plays". I saw it as a reflection of the teams attitude. The safe thing was to let it roll or fair catch but G/ville boys want to make a play when others play it safe. Sometimes that happens.

We don't have any players that play basketball that I know of cause we sure don't have any basketball players that play football Barb. Football & baseball. Basketball, err, err, oh never mind :roll:

We have I think 5 FB players on the bball team...all will see significant playing time and a few will start once they get their court legs under them. We went to state a few times in the old division and we're off to a pretty good start this year even without these guys.

Yeah barb, Greeneville had some pretty good basketball teams in the past that should have probably been playing in Murfreesboro more than just the few times they been. They always seemed to run into a wall when they played Science Hill and Dobyns Bennet in Regionals. I am afraid this may happen again in AA. Billy D is a heck of a coach but he will have to get through Knoxville to get to Murfreesboro. Fulton, Austin East and Alcoa all have had good teams in the past. Now I know, the football boys have heard all year you'll have to get past Chattanooga to get to Cookeville and we saw what happened, so I think it will be pretyy interesting to see what basketball does in the new division as well.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing congratulations to Giles Co. and in that same sentence Merry Christmas as well, on a gift wrapped game. The best team did not win, and everyone knows that, even the announcers that called the game. You guys were a one man show and he's gone now, so good thing you got it while you could. See Greeneville is young and I'm sure will become a regular in the 4a playoffs, you guys are one and done.

As for the guy who said Bo was the best QB in Tn, wrong Barry Brunetti holds that title.

So anyhow congrats, and no this isnt sour grapes and what not just facts.

"The best team did not win"? What game was you watching. I can't believe someone would even say anything like it. What exactly did the announcers say and what announcers said it. It wasn't the ones calling the game on 30. Your one man show is off base also. Someone has to catch , people have to block to be able to make the pass.......Its called team.....and the best team did win it. Can't believe you would try make the win look like Giles didn't have a thing to do with it. Two entered the night and only one can win.......same in all 5 other games played Friday and Saturday.. It was a great game between two teams that worked their tales off since the summer.....and Giles came out the winner. You show so little class with your comments. Giles is the 4A Champions.....PERIOD!

Great season and great win for the entire community and fans. Don't let any comments like this carry any weight.......It is sour grapes , trying to take away what they accomplished by making it appear they didn't do anything to win.

Congrads. To all involved in Giles county Football......great season...one that will be remembered for a very long time. :roll:

Remember it as long as you can, it'll be awhile. #12 was the heart and soul of the program, the o-line not so much. If it weren't for Bo's pocket awareness and elusiveness he'd been hit a bunch. Face it if it was not for three big plays, GHS dominated the field in every aspect of the game.

1 turning point was the Greeneville QB acting like he'd never scored a td before.That unsportsmanlike penalty gave GCHS a short field and turned momentum to the Bobcats for good.

1 turning point was the Greeneville QB acting like he'd never scored a td before.That unsportsmanlike penalty gave GCHS a short field and turned momentum to the Bobcats for good.

Glad you brought that up, it was a BS call, its not like he taunted anyone or was excessive in what he did. There was a lot of emotion in those men on the field.

If Jonesy gets to botherin' ya too much just give him a thump on the head....thats what we do. I know your boys had a great day today....we had a our Christmas parade today as well and our Christmas Parade too and our guys were the marshals as well....It was really nice. While I am sorry our Seniors couldn't bring home the gold, we are returning the core of our d and o-line. We are also returning one heck of a running back, a fine freshman QB with a ton of potential and a purty good kicker. I think maybe we'll see ya next year....it was fun :roll:

Barb, a thump on the head really? Look liked you bumped your head, or don't know much about ghs football one. Go back and check how many o-lineman we lose, i think all 5. Thanks though.

I think we'll see them shift around the beef up front...Ethan Malone will be back. We have enough size and strength. I'm pretty sure the line play will be just fine

Ok Barb, I was just giving you a thump on the head, and clarifying your mistake in your previous post.

I thought it was kind of a BS call too...

I agree. It's the state championship game, the go ahead touchdown, emotions are riding high, but I guess rules are rules. We all live and die by them.

I thought it was kind of a BS call too...

I agree. It's the state championship game, the go ahead touchdown, emotions are riding high, but I guess rules are rules. We all live and die by them.

That kid didn't even know he did anything wrong.....

First thing congratulations to Giles Co. and in that same sentence Merry Christmas as well, on a gift wrapped game. The best team did not win, and everyone knows that, even the announcers that called the game. You guys were a one man show and he's gone now, so good thing you got it while you could. See Greeneville is young and I'm sure will become a regular in the 4a playoffs, you guys are one and done.

As for the guy who said Bo was the best QB in Tn, wrong Barry Brunetti holds that title.

So anyhow congrats, and no this isnt sour grapes and what not just facts.

"The best team did not win"? What game was you watching. I can't believe someone would even say anything like it. What exactly did the announcers say and what announcers said it. It wasn't the ones calling the game on 30. Your one man show is off base also. Someone has to catch , people have to block to be able to make the pass.......Its called team.....and the best team did win it. Can't believe you would try make the win look like Giles didn't have a thing to do with it. Two entered the night and only one can win.......same in all 5 other games played Friday and Saturday.. It was a great game between two teams that worked their tales off since the summer.....and Giles came out the winner. You show so little class with your comments. Giles is the 4A Champions.....PERIOD!

Great season and great win for the entire community and fans. Don't let any comments like this carry any weight.......It is sour grapes , trying to take away what they accomplished by making it appear they didn't do anything to win.

Congrads. To all involved in Giles county Football......great season...one that will be remembered for a very long time. :hungry:

Good Post........and with the stats provided.....pretty much says it all. It is so hard to believe someone would come on and make statements like that. Gile 13-1 Greenville 11-3. Giles Stat 4A Champions! Offense...Giles 408 Greenville 294. I sure hope you don't represent Greenville fans. They played their way into the State game and gave it all they had, and came up short...congrads to them.

Giles "IS" the best team......they have the gold ball and the title of State Champions.

You need to leave this alone and let the giles people enjoy all they have accomplished. :wacko:

With two good coaches and especially with what Greenville has done this year, I wouldn't be surprised if the same teams played again next year... All though Greenville had an easier route than we did. Destiny is something!

Greeneville fans please do not take this bait. CoachT lock this down. All has been said that is worth saying.

With two good coaches and especially with what Greenville has done this year, I wouldn't be surprised if the same teams played again next year... All though Greenville had an easier route than we did. Destiny is something!

Greeneville fans please do not take this bait. CoachT lock this down. All has been said that is worth saying.

OLD DAD, Do you think Coacht is just going to snap at your fingers? Give him and the moderators a little more credit. They don't need you to tell them what to do.

O I am sure at the rate you are going you will have some locked down any day now. Nice of you to crawl out of the woodwork and get on the wagon. I am done feeding you, pigeon.