Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

First thing congratulations to Giles Co. and in that same sentence Merry Christmas as well, on a gift wrapped game. The best team did not win, and everyone knows that, even the announcers that called the game. You guys were a one man show and he's gone now, so good thing you got it while you could. See Greeneville is young and I'm sure will become a regular in the 4a playoffs, you guys are one and done.

As for the guy who said Bo was the best QB in Tn, wrong Barry Brunetti holds that title.

So anyhow congrats, and no this isnt sour grapes and what not just facts.

Jonesy. _ou and jcw are kin folk aren't ya. Ya'll do your arithmetic and get back with us :popcorneater:

:roflol::thumb:;):thumb: What, lil on the senile side there old man

Nope. _ou & jcw add again & get back with me.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing congratulations to Giles Co. and in that same sentence Merry Christmas as well, on a gift wrapped game. The best team did not win, and everyone knows that, even the announcers that called the game. You guys were a one man show and he's gone now, so good thing you got it while you could. See Greeneville is young and I'm sure will become a regular in the 4a playoffs, you guys are one and done.

As for the guy who said Bo was the best QB in Tn, wrong Barry Brunetti holds that title.

Now I know that the Giles folks don't need any help....BUT

Jonesy....run on down to Pulaski when you get a chance and see "WHERE" the gold ball is for 4a for 2009. You should take some pepto bismal to stop that that diarrhea of the mouth. The announcers for the game know about as much high school football as a chimp.....don' let that persuade you

Sure looked like GC made plays all over the field.....and BO was a big difference maker...only a chump would try to take that away from them....and yes......Bo Wallace is the best QB in 4a ....never heard Barry B...did he win a championship?

Jones, Jones, Jones Do you really need to go and embarass your team by the worthless comments you made here. The best team didn't win........hmmmm..... sounds like you caught the same affliction jwc has. I bet somewhere in TN out there, there is a fan of a 0-10 which can't understand why his school doen't have the gold ball. If you really believe the best team didn't win...the first place you should look should be your coaches. But I think you have some pretty good ones. But if not there you can blame the officials....oh by the way, if they hadn't improperly spotted the ball on the 1 when it should have been on the 20, the cats would have been as proficient on offense in the first half. Our coaches have a tight gameplan when we have the ball inside our own 20. Then you could blame the field, but you play on turf and it was our 1st game on the stuff. The only thing left to do is blame the players......the team even....but thats kind of common.

Jones....Jones...Jones ......Greeneville and Giles Co. had a great game, legendary for both schools I imagine. But the winning team is the best team by all considerations. The winning team on saturday evening, when the game ended had 21 on the scoreboard.......and thats just the FACTS.

"MR.FOOTBALL WATCH OUT CAUSE OUR EYE'S ON THE TITLE!" GHS, ITS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats to Giles county on state championship....

and congrats to the devils on getting farther than the rest of us did ya'll got a good team

maybe next year IT WILL BE TIME... and i mean that in a nice way cuz ya'll will be going back next year with the young team that GHS has

ya'll played well keep your heads up

When a QB throws a ball from his own 12 yard line and the receiver catches it on the opposite 34 (thats 54 yards...had to get my calculator out....i only have 10 fingers and 8 toes)....the reciever never alters his route, never speeds up or slows downs....54 yards full stride....I think it would be considered a great throw :thumb:

Whoa, simmer down buddy! I wasn't taking a shot at Wallace at all. The kid has a rocket arm. I was just making the point that the receivers were VERY open, and Greeneville's secondary could not run with them.

I was just asking Greeneville if secondary play had been a problem all season. Fair question I think, considering it was the difference in an otherwise evenly matched game.

I was actually defendingthe Greeneville DB's stating that Wallace threw some amazing passes regardless of who was defending them. Don't knock em'....they made it to the championship. I can say though that I did not see Greeneville play other than the Championship so you might have a legitimate gripe.

Wolf...I'm glad you are not a Greeneville Fan because I have nothing but respect for that school and fans.

I guess you go to Idiot High!!

How old are you?

"I'm a man, I'm Forty" Wonder if Oklahoma State coach would let me use that quote. It probably sounds funnier in my head thinking about him saying it!! I'm also a fan of the Giles County Bobcats....2009 4A State Champs.

Actually I'm old enough to NOT make some ignorant comment about Giles County being "horrible next year" without Bo Wallace. That is what you said.

If Jonesy gets to botherin' ya too much just give him a thump on the head....thats what we do. I know your boys had a great day today....we had a our Christmas parade today as well and our Christmas Parade too and our guys were the marshals as well....It was really nice. While I am sorry our Seniors couldn't bring home the gold, we are returning the core of our d and o-line. We are also returning one heck of a running back, a fine freshman QB with a ton of potential and a purty good kicker. I think maybe we'll see ya next year....it was fun :thumb:

Same here Barb. Its really odd that these two teams have so much in common. Your young men are tough and full of heart. Our parade was great and the applause for the boys was a memory that you will keep for a while. In retrospect, both of these teams possess coaching staffs, players, and community heritage that other teams should take note of. Both teams stuck to what they do best. We just made one more play out of many. :ph34r:

We had 11 sophomores & juniors on the field last night. We have about 10 more who got a lot of snaps this year plus a big & talented freshmen class. Hopefully we'll be around a while. :thumb:

Well I've just spent like 20 minutes catching up on old posts and all I have to say is congratulations Bobcats. You all deserve this more than any team in the state. OC works you to death and it has finally paid off. You can forever look back on this and be proud. Same can be said for Greeneville who played a great game. I believe the difference was the muffed punt by Greeneville.

Well I've just spent like 20 minutes catching up on old posts and all I have to say is congratulations Bobcats. You all deserve this more than any team in the state. OC works you to death and it has finally paid off. You can forever look back on this and be proud. Same can be said for Greeneville who played a great game. I believe the difference was the muffed punt by Greeneville.

You know he's gonn re-live that one for a while....