Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

Well I've just spent like 20 minutes catching up on old posts and all I have to say is congratulations Bobcats. You all deserve this more than any team in the state. OC works you to death and it has finally paid off. You can forever look back on this and be proud. Same can be said for Greeneville who played a great game. I believe the difference was the muffed punt by Greeneville.

You know he's gonn re-live that one for a while....

He undoubtedly will. It's a shame too. I would hate to have that on my soul but he will hopefully drown it out with the thoughts of the great season he had.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've just spent like 20 minutes catching up on old posts and all I have to say is congratulations Bobcats. You all deserve this more than any team in the state. OC works you to death and it has finally paid off. You can forever look back on this and be proud. Same can be said for Greeneville who played a great game. I believe the difference was the muffed punt by Greeneville.

You know he's gonn re-live that one for a while....

He undoubtedly will. It's a shame too. I would hate to have that on my soul but he will hopefully drown it out with the thoughts of the great season he had.

Nah, he'll be at basketball practice on Monday and Coach Billy D will help him forget real quick.

The muffed punt was just one play. I don't think it was the difference but I agree it fits in with the "high-lite plays". I saw it as a reflection of the teams attitude. The safe thing was to let it roll or fair catch but G/ville boys want to make a play when others play it safe. Sometimes that happens.

We don't have any players that play basketball that I know of cause we sure don't have any basketball players that play football Barb. Football & baseball. Basketball, err, err, oh never mind :thumb:

You guys were a one man show and he's gone now, so good thing you got it while you could. See Greeneville is young and I'm sure will become a regular in the 4a playoffs, you guys are one and done.

So anyhow congrats, and no this isnt sour grapes and what not just facts.

Really, buddy? This is kind of like getting knocked out in a fight, waking up, and telling the guy who floored you he doesn't hit very hard.

Best game of the weekend, two great teams, great fans on both sides.... Don't ruin it....

First thing congratulations to Giles Co. and in that same sentence Merry Christmas as well, on a gift wrapped game. The best team did not win, and everyone knows that, even the announcers that called the game. You guys were a one man show and he's gone now, so good thing you got it while you could. See Greeneville is young and I'm sure will become a regular in the 4a playoffs, you guys are one and done.

As for the guy who said Bo was the best QB in Tn, wrong Barry Brunetti holds that title.

"The best team did not win"? What game was you watching. I can't believe someone would even say anything like it. What exactly did the announcers say and what announcers said it. It wasn't the ones calling the game on 30. Your one man show is off base also. Someone has to catch , people have to block to be able to make the pass.......Its called team.....and the best team did win it. Can't believe you would try make the win look like Giles didn't have a thing to do with it. Two entered the night and only one can win.......same in all 5 other games played Friday and Saturday.. It was a great game between two teams that worked their tales off since the summer.....and Giles came out the winner. You show so little class with your comments. Giles is the 4A Champions.....PERIOD!

Great season and great win for the entire community and fans. Don't let any comments like this carry any weight.......It is sour grapes , trying to take away what they accomplished by making it appear they didn't do anything to win.

Congrads. To all involved in Giles county Football......great season...one that will be remembered for a very long time. :thumb:

If Jonesy gets to botherin' ya too much just give him a thump on the head....thats what we do. I know your boys had a great day today....we had a our Christmas parade today as well and our Christmas Parade too and our guys were the marshals as well....It was really nice. While I am sorry our Seniors couldn't bring home the gold, we are returning the core of our d and o-line. We are also returning one heck of a running back, a fine freshman QB with a ton of potential and a purty good kicker. I think maybe we'll see ya next year....it was fun :roll:

Barb, a thump on the head really? Look liked you bumped your head, or don't know much about ghs football one. Go back and check how many o-lineman we lose, i think all 5. Thanks though.

First thing congratulations to Giles Co. and in that same sentence Merry Christmas as well, on a gift wrapped game. The best team did not win, and everyone knows that, even the announcers that called the game. You guys were a one man show and he's gone now, so good thing you got it while you could. See Greeneville is young and I'm sure will become a regular in the 4a playoffs, you guys are one and done.

As for the guy who said Bo was the best QB in Tn, wrong Barry Brunetti holds that title.

"The best team did not win"? What game was you watching. I can't believe someone would even say anything like it. What exactly did the announcers say and what announcers said it. It wasn't the ones calling the game on 30. Your one man show is off base also. Someone has to catch , people have to block to be able to make the pass.......Its called team.....and the best team did win it. Can't believe you would try make the win look like Giles didn't have a thing to do with it. Two entered the night and only one can win.......same in all 5 other games played Friday and Saturday.. It was a great game between two teams that worked their tales off since the summer.....and Giles came out the winner. You show so little class with your comments. Giles is the 4A Champions.....PERIOD!

Great season and great win for the entire community and fans. Don't let any comments like this carry any weight.......It is sour grapes , trying to take away what they accomplished by making it appear they didn't do anything to win.

Congrads. To all involved in Giles county Football......great season...one that will be remembered for a very long time. :roll:

Remember it as long as you can, it'll be awhile. #12 was the heart and soul of the program, the o-line not so much. If it weren't for Bo's pocket awareness and elusiveness he'd been hit a bunch. Face it if it was not for three big plays, GHS dominated the field in every aspect of the game.

Congrads. To all involved in Giles county Football......great season...one that will be remembered for a very long time. :wacko:

Remember it as long as you can, it'll be awhile. #12 was the heart and soul of the program, the o-line not so much. If it weren't for Bo's pocket awareness and elusiveness he'd been hit a bunch. Face it if it was not for three big plays, GHS dominated the field in every aspect of the game.

The 3 BIG PLAYS are you speaking of the 2 interceptions and fumbled punt return? You know what happens when you suck on those sour grapes waaaaaaaaaay to long?.......YOU BECCOME DELUSIONAL :roll:

If Jonesy gets to botherin' ya too much just give him a thump on the head....thats what we do. I know your boys had a great day today....we had a our Christmas parade today as well and our Christmas Parade too and our guys were the marshals as well....It was really nice. While I am sorry our Seniors couldn't bring home the gold, we are returning the core of our d and o-line. We are also returning one heck of a running back, a fine freshman QB with a ton of potential and a purty good kicker. I think maybe we'll see ya next year....it was fun :roll:

Barb, a thump on the head really? Look liked you bumped your head, or don't know much about ghs football one. Go back and check how many o-lineman we lose, i think all 5. Thanks though.

I think we'll see them shift around the beef up front...Ethan Malone will be back. We have enough size and strength. I'm pretty sure the line play will be just fine

To the Bobcats thanks for allowing us to take this ride with you! What an awesome ride it has been.

To the underclassmen-Keep it up, you have the ability. Looking forward to another great season. Good luck next year.

To the Seniors-what can I say? I watched most of you play your first game in PW than move on to Bridgeforth than GCHS. We seen it than and we knew that you were a special group of young men. I think someone wrote it before-DESTINY. You brought that Gold Ball home for all of Giles County. You earned it, you deserve. Just wanted to say Thank You for showing us what hard work, dedication, determination and heart can bring you. With every two a day, every bump, every bruise, playing sick, playing hurt, your desire to win never lacked, you set your eye on the prize and you did it. Now take all that you learned from football-that never give up mentality and apply it to life and you will do well. Good Luck in wherever life leads you from here, and always remember you are the the best of the best in 2009.

GILES COUNTY HIGH 2009 4A STATE CHAMPIONS

http://www.tssaa.org/2009Champions/Stat ... /4ABox.htm

Here are the official stats from the game from the TSSAA website.

Why don't you give it a rest. Greeneville gave their all and so did Giles, we just came out on top. All you are doing is making it look like Greeneville are sore loser and we know they are not. You are are not doing justice for Greeneville-the game is over it won't change the final score. Enjoy the fact that they made it there, there are a whole lot of teams that can't say that.

The muffed punt was just one play. I don't think it was the difference but I agree it fits in with the "high-lite plays". I saw it as a reflection of the teams attitude. The safe thing was to let it roll or fair catch but G/ville boys want to make a play when others play it safe. Sometimes that happens.

We don't have any players that play basketball that I know of cause we sure don't have any basketball players that play football Barb. Football & baseball. Basketball, err, err, oh never mind :roll:

We have I think 5 FB players on the bball team...all will see significant playing time and a few will start once they get their court legs under them. We went to state a few times in the old division and we're off to a pretty good start this year even without these guys.