Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

Bud, bud, bud you and barb stick to what you know best, making witty little posts about creampuffs, facials and chick flics. You guys handle yourselfs how you do, and i'll do the same, thanks for your concern though.

Jonesy, I can't help I like to cook and can handle a good movie now and then. I left the facials and manicures up to barb while I handled the crafts. You go ahead and keep handling yourself though. I'm sure that's fun too. :thumb:

Bud, think its time to move over to the bball thread and let Jonesy play nice with Bulldog.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bud, bud, bud you and barb stick to what you know best, making witty little posts about creampuffs, facials and chick flics. You guys handle yourselfs how you do, and i'll do the same, thanks for your concern though.

Jonesy, I can't help I like to cook and can handle a good movie now and then. I left the facials and manicures up to barb while I handled the crafts. You go ahead and keep handling yourself though. I'm sure that's fun too. :thumb:

Bud, think its time to move over to the bball thread and let Jonesy play nice with Bulldog.

I guess you're right barb. I'm just going to miss football. It should be a fall and spring sport. I mean I'm not going to have anything to do Friday night. I guess I could head down to Mosheim and watch Greeneville invade the Range again except this time on the court, I just don't know how everyone will fit in that gymnasium. I guess it worked during football season, it might work for basketball.

Hey bud hows the wife. Hope she is feeling better? Good call on the stay at home, too cold, but game was intense. Hope to talk to ya next year.

Thanks dad, feeling much better but the same old crabby woman. JK. Yeah I didn't mind watching the game on TV. Maybe next year the Devils can get back to the ship and it might be a warmer weekend, and the wifey might feel fine.

Congratulation to Giles on a gold ball.

Now, that being said, I was not really impressed with either team. Then I was reading another thread where someone thought Giles would beat Alcoa. Really? I feel certain that six of the teams playing last weekend would beat Giles, possibly more.

I'm not sure what everyone else saw and this is just my opinion, but outside of being able to throw the ball real far, I don't think he was anything special. Several other qbs looked better over the course of the three days. Didn't see a lot of other "standout" players on the field during this game either. Just my opinion, but I thought both teams looked pretty weak.

But at the end of the day they were both there playing for it and congratulations to Giles on the win.

Now, that being said, I was not really impressed with either team. Then I was reading another thread where someone thought Giles would beat Alcoa. Really? I feel certain that six of the teams playing last weekend would beat Giles, possibly more.

I'm not sure what everyone else saw and this is just my opinion, but outside of being able to throw the ball real far, I don't think he was anything special. Several other qbs looked better over the course of the three days. Didn't see a lot of other "standout" players on the field during this game either. Just my opinion, but I thought both teams looked pretty weak.

But at the end of the day they were both there playing for it and congratulations to Giles on the win.

Yea your right. No further arguments needed. Now you, jcw, & jonsey go to sleep now, ok? :thumb:

eers......not just throw it long but on a dime...wasn't it for more than 300 yards in the game!?! Guess you didn't see him scrambling!?! Guess you saw him play a lot this year....like the game he ran for 225. I could go on and on, as others could also...including those who voted him MR FOOTBALL.

I have read most of the threads....I know Alcoa was mentioned...but could you please refer me to the one that said we could beat Alcoa??

You are right though...Giles County is so weak.....I think we had to hire some strongman to carry that Gold Ball back to Pulaski.

eer, duh, eer?????

eers......not just throw it long but on a dime...wasn't it for more than 300 yards in the game!?! Guess you didn't see him scrambling!?! Guess you saw him play a lot this year....like the game he ran for 225. I could go on and on, as others could also...including those who voted him MR FOOTBALL.

I have read most of the threads....I know Alcoa was mentioned...but could you please refer me to the one that said we could beat Alcoa??

You are right though...Giles County is so weak.....I think we had to hire some strongman to carry that Gold Ball back to Pulaski.

eer, duh, eer?????

I didn't see Giles play at all other than the championship game. I am not saying that the qb is not good, simply didn't live up to the hype in my opinion. Perhaps my expectations were too lofty? I simply said I wasn't impressed with either team and didn't see the athletes I thought I would. Obviously you have to have a good team to achieve what you did, but I didn't see a "Mr. Football" in that game (again just my opinion). I would guess it wasn't the best perfomance by either team Saturday. As far as the stats, I really don't know. Two very good long balls, but other than that, just an average performance.

I'm not on here trying to bash anyone, I honestly wish your team and the seniors leaving the best of luck. Just stating my opinion and that's all it is. There is no downplaying the significance of a championship and the great year. It was earned.

I disagree with you eers. This was the first and only time I've seen Bo play. He had the best pocket presence I have ever seen in a high school quarterback and you can't coach that. He could feel pressure coming on. Oh and it doesn't hurt that he can throw the ball a mile and through a hoop at the same time. Oh and it doesn't hurt that he can scramble like a jack rabbit. The kid is good and I can't wait to watch and see what he can do on Saturdays.

Looks likes somebody is upset with some of the final season polls that had Giles Co way above most of the bigger schools and even higher level state champions. Seems like your the only one with your opinion.

Looks likes somebody is upset with some of the final season polls that had Giles Co way above most of the bigger schools and even higher level state champions. Seems like your the only one with your opinion.

Spot on and there is no way Greeneville should not be ranked 2nd in the state in 4a. They were the best Giles faced all year. In 3AA it should be the Aluminum Crusaders, Giles, Greeneville, Milan, Liberty, Cak, Betsy, Whites Creek, Lexington, and Red Bank. That's how it was decided on the field without a calculator :thumb: