Maryville vs. White Station 6A State Championship

Red Rebels

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to White Station on a great game. I personally didn't think White Station was going to win this game. Maryville just could not stop Burton and the quarterback. Missed tackles (probable at least 7 to 10) doomed the Rebels in the first and second half. Also, Juhlin just couldn't get into any kind of flow in the first half. Congrats to Maryville on a great season and get ready for next year.

Congrats to both teams. I, like a lot of other people, expected Maryville to win this game. Again, while they haven't won the last two years...the games they lost are right there at the state championship and they were close. Congrats again and I'm sure we can expect to see Maryville fightings even harder to get back there again next year. Congrats to WS to taking down that giant.

Too bad, but all too predictable, to see some envious WB jokers like TG24 gloating in Maryville's loss. Some things will never change.

For the record, I don't speak for the WB community, school, fans, or football team. I speak soley for myself...and I think it's rather judgemental to call me a joker just because I'm happy that White Station won the game.

This is why WB is WB. Great season Rebs. If they cant beat you they pull for who ever you play or they just wont play :thumb::thumb:

This is why WB is WB. Great season Rebs. If they cant beat you they pull for who ever you play or they just want play :thumb::thumb:

Like I said, I don't speak for WB. And I never said anything negative about Maryville...but I don't see why I should be attacked for not pulling for the Rebels. Read my previous posts before jumping on the hate wagon...I didn't come on here to do anything but congratulate WS, and when I did so, a Maryville fan took a shot at me and I responded accordingly. Can we leave it at that, like it was orignially intended to be?

Those two defenses in this game were two of the worse defensive football teams that I have seen all year long. Based on the way each one of those defensive teams played neither one should have been in the final game.

And yet they were both there. They have a combined record of 28-4 with 3 of the 4 losses to state champs. Maryville lost to Alcoa and WS. WS lost to MUS. I think they deserved to be there. Congrats to both teams on outstanding seasons.

Those two defenses in this game were two of the worse defensive football teams that I have seen all year long. Based on the way each one of those defensive teams played neither one should have been in the final game.

Maryville's defense has been shutting teams down all season...I don't think that their defense is bad at all, I just think that Julian Burton is extremely talented

so 1 guy says that he liked seeing maryville get beat, and now its "thats why WB is WB"

alcoadaddy you always seem to repensent your team in a great manor :flower: , alcoa is a great program, but people like you seem to bring it down, always takin jabs at a school(WB) you know nothing about. please bring something to the table next time you post on here, cause you just waste space.

Every dawg has his day and todays was whitestations day, maryville would win if they played 9 more times, but didnt step up when they had to and thats why all the credit goes to WHS.