What if Alcoa and Maryville played again now??

automatic

I dont think this Alcoa team could beat MUS but Ill put up the 06 team against anyone in the country.

06 team too undisciplined to beat this team.

@pioneer I thought about the depth situation as well-putting that aside and this debate could go on forever, but thus far most comments from those who have watched all of the games so far-opinion poll goes to Alcoa. And I agree :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think this Alcoa team could beat MUS but Ill put up the 06 team against anyone in the country.

06 team too undisciplined to beat this team.

@pioneer I thought about the depth situation as well-putting that aside and this debate could go on forever, but thus far most comments from those who have watched all of the games so far-opinion poll goes to Alcoa. And I agree :D

Well, the buddies that I went with to the MUS and Alcoa game with both said MUS was better as well as myself. rollredroll, who has seen MUS and Alcoa play says MUS is better as well. I'm just telling you, overall MUS is better than Alcoa.

Well, the buddies that I went with to the MUS and Alcoa game with both said MUS was better as well as myself. rollredroll, who has seen MUS and Alcoa play says MUS is better as well. I'm just telling you, overall MUS is better than Alcoa.

Didn't they just barely win some of their games? I think the F5 could take 'em. Guess we'll never know!

woulda coulda shoulda ..aint happenning ..BTW== neither is# 1 in Tennessee ..MUS IS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly, the team w/ the best recruiting class in the state..... :D

I dont care what any of those projection sites say; I believe Alcoa would beat MUS and Maryville would beat them as well or give them all they want at the very least. Alcoa is the best team in the state IMHO.....

There's nothing stopping them from moving up in classification to prove it on a yearly basis.

woulda coulda shoulda ..aint happenning ..BTW== neither is# 1 in Tennessee ..MUS IS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly, the team w/ the best recruiting class in the state..... :mellow:

I dont care what any of those projection sites say; I believe Alcoa would beat MUS and Maryville would beat them as well or give them all they want at the very least. Alcoa is the best team in the state IMHO.....

There's nothing stopping them from moving up in classification to prove it on a yearly basis.

There nothing stopping them preppy boys from coming to Blount County and playing some REAL football!

Blount County - The home of 22 Gold ball Championships! :thumb:

Isn't it interesting the 2 teams with the most golds balls in their trophy cases are showing each other the most respect. All these other team must have a lot of clear balls in their trophy cases for all these imaginary games.

Back to the thread....

It would be a slobber-knocker of a game. I still believe the loss was the best thing that happened to MHS all year and made us a much better team. I would pick Alcoa over in team in the state in any classification....except maryville...can't go there. However, I would say that game played now would be a toss-up...No more than 7 points either way.

Both teams always play each other with so much emotion and heart...i think it is awesome that so many of them are good friends with their county opponents. I agree that the loss to Alcoa did make Maryville a much better team, and if the two played again now, it would be a one or two touchdown game...gotta give it to the Tornadoes though. Rankin's O-line was too dominant this year, not to mention the run game...lookin forward to the matchup next year! :popcorneater: bring another gold ball home to blount county Rebels!

....but everyone said on a previous thread that they don't play football in Memphis, it's all basketball. It seems as if MUS and White Station know how to play football. And oh yea, White Station IS a public school so you can't use the recruiting complaint here.

I bet you where one of the better players on GC girls championship basketball team. :popcorneater:

....but everyone said on a previous thread that they don't play football in Memphis, it's all basketball. It seems as if MUS and White Station know how to play football. And oh yea, White Station IS a public school so you can't use the recruiting complaint here.

A squirrel finds a acorn every once in a while. Alcoa or Maryville has as many championships as MUS AND White Station combined.