Wilson Central Opening

Glade1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard through the grape-vine that several parents have already contacted Coach Perry about their son coming to MJ. The team is loading up on more talent from McGavok and Wildcat nation I hear. Young boys wanting to become men (winners).

I hope your right then the TSSAA can investigate Mt. Juliet for recruiting....(sarcasm intended) lol careful you know thats excatly what people will say... Until wilson county schools makes a commitment to allowing all schools in the district to have sports 4th block and starts to pay a fair wage to its coaches this county will not get big name coaches to leave places that will pay more. I do not know how MJ landed coach Perry when there are other places that would pay more for his abilities. I am glad that we have good coaches in this county in many sports, I just wish we would do more to support our players and coaches.....

I heard through the grape-vine that several parents have already contacted Coach Perry about their son coming to MJ. The team is loading up on more talent from McGavok and Wildcat nation I hear. Young boys wanting to become men (winners).

I hope your right then the TSSAA can investigate Mt. Juliet for recruiting....(sarcasm intended) lol careful you know thats excatly what people will say... Until wilson county schools makes a commitment to allowing all schools in the district to have sports 4th block and starts to pay a fair wage to its coaches this county will not get big name coaches to leave places that will pay more. I do not know how MJ landed coach Perry when there are other places that would pay more for his abilities. I am glad that we have good coaches in this county in many sports, I just wish we would do more to support our players and coaches.....

Guys, as a formerly borderline poverty coach in Wilson County I can honestly say that the actual "coaching" supplement is pretty decent. It is the "teaching" salary that is a complete joke. The people of Wilson County vote down any tax increase put before them. I got a $12000 raise the minute I left the county. There are some good, hard-working people there, but at some point you have to do what is best for your family.

I don't know if it is filled or not, but all I can say is realistically, who would want the job? No fan support. Average players at best. Lukewarm administration support. You are in one of the tougher regions in the state. Let me clarify one thing, fan support as long as you win or play the booster kids, elsewise, no support only criticism and complaining. Parents cursing you in front of your family in the stands. Terrible benefits from the county. Wilson County is not the best place in Middle TN to work as a teacher, much less as a football coach. Aric was the head football coach there what 5 years? Didn't he have winning records in 3 out of those 5 years? Maybe he did make some mistakes, but who doesn't? Oh, right mom and dad sitting in the stand and their perfect little angel "Johnny" who the mean coach will not give a chance to show what he can do. Never mind the fact that coaches look at these kids everyday at practice and in reality spend more time with them than their parents.

Wake up WC people, the truth is WC is nothing more than a stepping stone job to bigger and better things.

I don't know if it is filled or not, but all I can say is realistically, who would want the job? No fan support. Average players at best. Lukewarm administration support. You are in one of the tougher regions in the state. Let me clarify one thing, fan support as long as you win or play the booster kids, elsewise, no support only criticism and complaining. Parents cursing you in front of your family in the stands. Terrible benefits from the county. Wilson County is not the best place in Middle TN to work as a teacher, much less as a football coach. Aric was the head football coach there what 5 years? Didn't he have winning records in 3 out of those 5 years? Maybe he did make some mistakes, but who doesn't? Oh, right mom and dad sitting in the stand and their perfect little angel "Johnny" who the mean coach will not give a chance to show what he can do. Never mind the fact that coaches look at these kids everyday at practice and in reality spend more time with them than their parents.

Wake up WC people, the truth is WC is nothing more than a stepping stone job to bigger and better things.

the job has been officially filled. mr. mayfield (the principal) met with the football team on thursday and announced that brad dedman is the new head coach for wc. he has been the def. coordinator for the last 4 seasons. there is a write-up about him on lebanondemocrat.com.

optfb, you raise a lot of valid points, but what can a football coach, any football coach, do to change any of these points? all you can do is coach the kids to the best of your ability and see where things fall.

as for the comments from other people about other coaches turning the job down...what does that matter? if the administration had 500 coaches turn them down before dedman accepted, he IS THE HEAD COACH! plus, if any of you know brad dedman, you know that he is universally respected on the field and off.