Grace Christian Rams 2010

utvolzfan

It doesn't matter if Grace, or First , or Second Baptist church paid the tuition. I could have paid it, you could have paid it, my Uncle could pay it. The fact is ANYONE that is not a coach, or a booster can pay anyone's tuition. That didn't happen here. A church gave a helping hand of money to a family that needed it. They used that money to catch up on some things. With what was left over....and what was left over was NOT enough to pay tuition but just enough to help pay....they decided to send the ORPHANED child to Grace. The money has NOTHING to do with playing FOOTBALL or any other sport. Get over it!

tnvols2010, you are getting into the discussion late. It is unfortunate that over the years so many Grace supporter’s appear to be uninformed and argue with an entitled attitude. Thus, they have turned others against them, both Christian and non-Christian.

In reference to the above quote, the TSSAA is a secular organization with a narrow set of rules. It is the job of the coaches and administrators to know these rules. The following are pertinent to the discussion:

TSSAA Handbook

Tuition and Financial Aid

Section 16. If tuition is charged, it must be paid by parent, bona fide guardian or other family member. If a parent, guardian or other family member secures a loan for payment of tuition, it must remain an obligation of the parents, guardian or other family member to repay the principle and interest in full with no exceptions. P. 14

FAQ

Q. Who is allowed to pay a student-athlete’s tuition?

A. If tuition is charged, it must be paid by a parent, bona fide guardian, or other family member. P.49

Q. A student changes school because of the death of his/her parents or guardians. The change is necessary in order for the student to have a home. Is he/she eligible?

A. Such cases should be submitted to the Executive Director who will make a decision on the facts submitted. P.45

In there rush to succeed, Grace is building teams without tradition.

I understand the rule book....I've read that myself...glad to see the you can read...here's the deal though like I said before...from what I'm told by a very reliable source is that the church DID NOT give a family money so he could go to school a GCA. The money was for a love offering from the church because this family was hard up for money. The family did what they could with the money THEN decided ON THEIR OWN to send the child to GCA. The TSSAA wanted to know where the money came from. The investigation from what I'm told is over....as if there ever was one to begin with. GCA athletics CANNOT track down EVERY payment given to them or to the school. If that's what you want then you are out of your freakin mind!...So to all of you I say, so sorry.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter if Grace, or First , or Second Baptist church paid the tuition. I could have paid it, you could have paid it, my Uncle could pay it. The fact is ANYONE that is not a coach, or a booster can pay anyone's tuition. That didn't happen here. A church gave a helping hand of money to a family that needed it. They used that money to catch up on some things. With what was left over....and what was left over was NOT enough to pay tuition but just enough to help pay....they decided to send the ORPHANED child to Grace. The money has NOTHING to do with playing FOOTBALL or any other sport. Get over it!

tnvols2010, you are getting into the discussion late. It is unfortunate that over the years so many Grace supporter’s appear to be uninformed and argue with an entitled attitude. Thus, they have turned others against them, both Christian and non-Christian.

In reference to the above quote, the TSSAA is a secular organization with a narrow set of rules. It is the job of the coaches and administrators to know these rules. The following are pertinent to the discussion:

TSSAA Handbook

Tuition and Financial Aid

Section 16. If tuition is charged, it must be paid by parent, bona fide guardian or other family member. If a parent, guardian or other family member secures a loan for payment of tuition, it must remain an obligation of the parents, guardian or other family member to repay the principle and interest in full with no exceptions. P. 14

FAQ

Q. Who is allowed to pay a student-athlete’s tuition?

A. If tuition is charged, it must be paid by a parent, bona fide guardian, or other family member. P.49

Q. A student changes school because of the death of his/her parents or guardians. The change is necessary in order for the student to have a home. Is he/she eligible?

A. Such cases should be submitted to the Executive Director who will make a decision on the facts submitted. P.45

In there rush to succeed, Grace is building teams without tradition.

I understand the rule book....I've read that myself...glad to see the you can read...here's the deal though like I said before...from what I'm told by a very reliable source is that the church DID NOT give a family money so he could go to school a GCA. The money was for a love offering from the church because this family was hard up for money. The family did what they could with the money THEN decided ON THEIR OWN to send the child to GCA. The TSSAA wanted to know where the money came from. The investigation from what I'm told is over....as if there ever was one to begin with. GCA athletics CANNOT track down EVERY payment given to them or to the school. If that's what you want then you are out of your freakin mind!...So to all of you I say, so sorry.

Tnvols2010, you make my point well. I said nothing about this kid, I just tried to give you some background and post some of the pertinent rules. I am not anti-Grace. All three of my kids went to Grace, my oldest graduated from there.

My statement that “in there rush to succeed, Grace is building teams without tradition,” is true. When good athletes pass through small schools they are celebrated and there accomplishments remembered. They remember who scored the big touchdown years after it happened. Traditions are established on the efforts of those kids who came before. Grace seems to be embarrassed of its past and does not celebrate the years of effort it took to score that first TD. By the way, how many years did Grace have a team before they even scored? Who was Graces first stars? Who scored the first rushing TD, the first passing TD? Come on its only been something like 6 – 7 years. What year did they win there first game? Why did they have three head coaches in 5 years? Look in to these questions and I think you will find why all of these people are so anti-Grace?

So you don't think 7 years is long enough time to build a program?....how long does that take exactly?..Since you seem to know. I do know one thing...the coach there built Clinton Middle School into a power house in its FIRST year of existence. The guy is a winner point blank. The more I'm on here the more I am learning of Grace, the coaches and especially the head coach. I am surprised this guy isn't coaching at a high division school like let's say A.C. or something. My goodness how people seem to be so scared of this guy and his football team. Looks to me like he's got you guys on the ropes with back to back region titles and is ready for the knock out punch with a state title. Look out cause here comes a Ram right hook!

The bottom line is Grace belongs with the other private schools. This wouldn't be an issue if the TSSAA would put you guys where you belong. Many public schools have been robbed of a state title because rich private schools were playing in the same classification. They pay coaches "much" higher salaries and they have players come in from other states "loaded" with talent. I've been around a lot of "religious" people who are wealthy and I would trust a drunk before I would them. Diliiiine, there is also scripture that says its easier for a rich man to go through the eye of a needle than for him to inherit the kingdom of God. In my opinion there shouldn't even be a Grace Christian Academy. If you are a true christian then you wouldn't think your kid was too good to attend a public school. I think all kids should go to school together. We've got enough rich people with a sense of entitlement in this society as it is.

its actually a camel going through the needle not the rich man and in the greek camel can be translated as a large rope which makes sense, and as far as the rich stuff you need to think on a global scale even the poorest of us here (usa) would be considered very rich so that is all of us. if you are going to use scripture against us atleast get it right. i will be the first to tell you how bad of a christian i am because i know who god is and how much i am not like him THANK GOD FOR THE CROSS!!!

King,

My children attended both public and private (Christian) schools. You statement on "true" Christians not sending their child to a private Christian school maybe that parent just doesn't want their little johnny or sally going through metal detectors and police shake downs because of gang activity at their school. I will say that they have had strong Christian teachers in both public and private locations, but there is a real issue of violence present that would not have been even dreamed of when I was young.

You also made probably the most accurate statement I have read on here that being the MEANNESS of Christians. This is so true! Satan has a real ally in those who profess with their mouths Christ and turn around and curse (lie, destroy, manipulate) out of that same mouth (see James 3 for more info). i have been around church and Christian schools for over 35 years seeing the INSIDE and I am APPALLED at some of the things that Christians do to EACH OTHER (what ever happened to unity, edification and treating (loving) others as Christ loved us?) and I can't see those who do these things "in the name of Jesus" not facing some kind of repercussions.

Dliine,

the word you mention for "big rope" is actually spelled DIFFERENT (kamelos=camel; kamilos=cable) just sound similar (and is the cable used to tie ships to dock). If you investigate this verse further (a rather absurd sounding statement of hyperbole) you would find that during the time if Christ that walled cities had two kinds of gates one large for commerce and animals to enter and the other much smaller (the size of a man) was called commonly (you may have guessed it) the "Needle's eye". It would have been a very understandable image to the hearer a large camel trying to enter a gate that only large enough for a person. I really am VERY VERY leery about saying that those who WROTE Scripture (in this case the apostle Matthew) made a mistake or even if a later "transcriber" made an error you open up a rather large can worms that you are going to have a hard time putting them back in.

For ALL Christian schools make sure that you leaders are adhering to 1 Timothy 6:3ff

yeah you are right i was in isreal and walk through those doors it would be hard i was not saying camel was the greek word i was saying how it was spelled in my bible sorry.

So you don't think 7 years is long enough time to build a program?....how long does that take exactly?..Since you seem to know. I do know one thing...the coach there built Clinton Middle School into a power house in its FIRST year of existence. The guy is a winner point blank. The more I'm on here the more I am learning of Grace, the coaches and especially the head coach. I am surprised this guy isn't coaching at a high division school like let's say A.C. or something. My goodness how people seem to be so scared of this guy and his football team. Looks to me like he's got you guys on the ropes with back to back region titles and is ready for the knock out punch with a state title. Look out cause here comes a Ram right hook!

Do you think the football team would have done as well without all the transfers over the past 4 years. I doubt if you even have a clue how many new players Grace has added in this time frame. Idon't know all of them ,and Icould name a bunch. Coaching is alot easier when you can pick up players at the rate you have. For example ,put all those kids on last years Rockwood or TP'S roster and either would have killed you guys. Its not rocket science.

Alright people. I don't think anybody is afraid of Grace or there coaches. We just don't have respect for them. Rd. 3 playoffs 2009. Um Harriman vs Grace i believe... Remember the first time Grace played Harriman, they beat the Blue Devils pretty bad. But in the playoffs, i remember the devils had Grace on a leash.... Grace scored the first touchdown on play 2 (i think). Did that stop Harriman? No! Harriman came right back and stayed with them. If this farm team can run up in Grace the first time and get whooped up and down the field, then come right back up and give Grace a run for their money, that shows nobody (at least Harriman) ain't afraid. I loved seeing Grace's coaches, fans, even players get annoyed by the devils. Oh and I just remembered something.... Grace didn't allow one of the coaches in the press box, so Grace had an aerial view while Harriman did not... Grace travels to the farm team's home in 2010. Lets see if they can get away with anything. (anybody know where Harriman is? I want to see this game!)

Oh by the way, Props on the scriptures. Not many people have the balls to quote biblical lyrics out on the internet or in public. Good job. :roll:

I'm so glad to hear that Harriman is NOT afraid to lose to Grace twice in one season....man you sure had them scared that they wouldn't beat you TWICE in one season. I bet they shook in their boots after the SECOND time in one year the beat you. I can't imagine WHY you would fear a team the defeated you MULTIPLE times in a single season. Look, if you look at my past posts, I'm from Clinton, I'm a former Dragon and I'm a huge Clinton supporter. Clinton has lost numerous players to Grace over the years and I know of one that will tell you that he LOVES Grace because he doesn't have to worry about half the stuff that went on at Clinton. Yes not all private school christian kids are saints but let's face it things go on in a public school that is way worse. It's not like it's a secret that school has changed since I graduated in 1986 and we were crazy then I can only imagine what it's like now.

And nobody goes crying to the TSSAA about Catholic. They are a private school...and christian....want go after them too?...oh wait that doesn't matter because you don't play them....how bout Hardin Valley Academy?...Wait and see...they WILL be the new powerhouse in the state and it will happen very fast. BUUUUUUUT that won't matter to you people because you don't have to play them....so you only want to whine about the team that you play. Grace. Sounds like fear to me.

bdcoach i liked your post because it made me did through my notes. the translation it should of been was aramaic the word gamla which means rope or camel maybe because ropes were made from camel hair either way the point was that it was hard to do maybe, not impossible. i went to israel and our guide spoke like 6 languages thats where i first heard of this he gave me all the translations. the other thing i was saying was how good we have it here. i went on a couple of mission tripps and one of the things that stuck with me was how poor some of these places were, so we all are rich compared to alot of other countries. which makes us all rich.

I have been reading these post and I have really tried to hold my breath, but I can't any longer. You sir have been lead astray by someone in the GCA family. The assistant coaches may not all know about what's going on, but I assure you the Head Coaches do. This corruption leads all the way up to the "Pearly Gates" if you get my drift. That players grandparents were just doing what any good loving grandparents would do, given the circumstances (and they were not poor). They got out of their comfort zone (grandfather worked for The Ohio State University) and moved here after the accident so he would feel more comfortable. He has been ungrateful ever since. I can't say that I feel sorry for what's happening over there, they have walked over a lot of people to become the powerhouse you see today.

I'm so glad to hear that Harriman is NOT afraid to lose to Grace twice in one season....man you sure had them scared that they wouldn't beat you TWICE in one season. I bet they shook in their boots after the SECOND time in one year the beat you. I can't imagine WHY you would fear a team the defeated you MULTIPLE times in a single season. Look, if you look at my past posts, I'm from Clinton, I'm a former Dragon and I'm a huge Clinton supporter. Clinton has lost numerous players to Grace over the years and I know of one that will tell you that he LOVES Grace because he doesn't have to worry about half the stuff that went on at Clinton. Yes not all private school christian kids are saints but let's face it things go on in a public school that is way worse. It's not like it's a secret that school has changed since I graduated in 1986 and we were crazy then I can only imagine what it's like now.

Well i'd enjoy winning in football friend cause that's about the only thing you can beat Harriman in... Lest we bring up basketball this year and some in the past and girls basketball and baseball?? Ok then

I have been reading these post and I have really tried to hold my breath, but I can't any longer. You sir have been lead astray by someone in the GCA family. The assistant coaches may not all know about what's going on, but I assure you the Head Coaches do. This corruption leads all the way up to the "Pearly Gates" if you get my drift. That players grandparents were just doing what any good loving grandparents would do, given the circumstances (and they were not poor). They got out of their comfort zone (grandfather worked for The Ohio State University) and moved here after the accident so he would feel more comfortable. He has been ungrateful ever since. I can't say that I feel sorry for what's happening over there, they have walked over a lot of people to become the powerhouse you see today.

Well said, you deserve a tasty beverage.