Gibson Co. Christmas Tournament

cmeister

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyer Co. can and will beat Bradford by as many as they want. The game will be more of an entertainment show by Dyer Co. moreso than a basketball game between two teams.

rowdy, Humboldt nor Union City are nowhere near as good as they were last year. District 14A IS down this year no matter what the 14A crew says. The Gibson Co. loss to Humboldt by 5 points was nothing surprising. Going into that game, I honestly thought we'd win it and I wasn't being biased by thinking it. We had our chances in that game and let 'em slip away. I believe the game between Humboldt and GC is going to be another very good game. GC could come away with this one as the game is at GC.

I agree District 14A is down but now because of lack of talent. Because of youth District 14A will be a toss up and will be play alot of close games this season! Which will be good for the District come Tourament time. This will make them better teams! The old saying good teams wins the close ones! HBT,LC, UC will all get better as the years goes on! Should be very interesting this year! I am hoping that Peabody can get better but they have a player or two with bad attitudes! That just won't cut it! Good Luck in the Christmas Tourament! The question is who will play Bolivar in the Championship game! :roflol:

The Gibson Co. loss to Humboldt by 5 points was nothing surprising. Going into that game, I honestly thought we'd win it and I wasn't being biased by thinking it. We had our chances in that game and let 'em slip away. I believe the game between Humboldt and GC is going to be another very good game. GC could come away with this one as the game is at GC.

You were close GCPioneer. Humbolt thumped GC by 32.

Thats funny! GCPioneer must have been thinking about the girls not the boys. Humboldt would beat Gibson County boys 10 out of 10 times.

NOT! We just played them to a 5 point game a few weeks ago. They didn't have Quan Campbell, but Quan only had like 6 points in todays game. We match up with their athleticism. Humboldt just knows how to win and we haven't quite found it out yet over here in Dyer. Antonio Brooks lit us up today with the 3 ball. Their 1-2-2 zone really gave us problems with their height. We also had trouble rebounding against the bigger players. Humboldt is better than Gibson Co., but we're capable of beating Humboldt, just not today.

Don't worry, Humboldt will get thumped by Dyer Co. Monday. If Humboldt keeps it close, I'll be surprised.

Thats funny! GCPioneer must have been thinking about the girls not the boys. Humboldt would beat Gibson County boys 10 out of 10 times.

NOT! We just played them to a 5 point game a few weeks ago. They didn't have Quan Campbell, but Quan only had like 6 points in todays game. We match up with their athleticism. Humboldt just knows how to win and we haven't quite found it out yet over here in Dyer. Antonio Brooks lit us up today with the 3 ball. Their 1-2-2 zone really gave us problems with their height. We also had trouble rebounding against the bigger players. Humboldt is better than Gibson Co., but we're capable of beating Humboldt, just not today.

Don't worry, Humboldt will get thumped by Dyer Co. Monday. If Humboldt keeps it close, I'll be surprised.

This will a better game than you think! Yes GC did play HBT within 5 points a few weeks ago! I am not taking anything away from GC! But HBT has come a long way since then they are very young but have alot of talent! You can not match up with HBT"s athleticism don't kid yourself! HBT is better now than they were a few weeks ago! DC has a good BB team no doubt and the HBT faithful and staff know that! DC will be hard to bet and will be all year long. Wouldn't be a surprise for DC to beat HBT! But a blowoff i don't believe that and i truely don't think you do! HBT will have to find a way to slow down the inside game of DC! DC will have to slow down the outside shooting of HBT! I don't think that many posters believe that DC will blow HBT away! DC may very well do it we'll see Monday night ! Good Luck to both teams! :thumb:

Haha, I can assure you that it's NOT DCPioneer, lol.

Hey, I'm taking nothing away from Humboldt. They're a great team year in and year out. They'll definately have to step it up a notch against Dyer Co. That game will be very up tempo and will be high scoring as both teams run and gun. If Antonio Brooks catches fire, he can keep Humboldt in the game. That kid can absolutely shoot the rock. Quan and Darren will have to have a solid game as well. The matchup between the big post from Humboldt and Big Ced from Dyer Co. will be interesting as well. They both like to knock around down in the post.

zebra, Dyer Co. will beat Humboldt by atleast 15. If Humboldt keeps it within 15, they should consider that a moral victory. Dyer Co. is 2 classes bigger than them and have more size than Humboldt to go along with several future D1 players.

Haha, I can assure you that it's NOT DCPioneer, lol.

Hey, I'm taking nothing away from Humboldt. They're a great team year in and year out. They'll definately have to step it up a notch against Dyer Co. That game will be very up tempo and will be high scoring as both teams run and gun. If Antonio Brooks catches fire, he can keep Humboldt in the game. That kid can absolutely shoot the rock. Quan and Darren will have to have a solid game as well. The matchup between the big post from Humboldt and Big Ced from Dyer Co. will be interesting as well. They both like to knock around down in the post.

zebra, Dyer Co. will beat Humboldt by atleast 15. If Humboldt keeps it within 15, they should consider that a moral victory. Dyer Co. is 2 classes bigger than them and have more size than Humboldt to go along with several future D1 players.

Ever who comes out on top it will be in front of a packed house! Good luck to both teams! :thumb:

Monday, Dec. 21

10 a.m. - Peabody vs. South Gibson

1 p.m. - Gibson Co. vs. Bradford

4 p.m. - Milan vs. Bolivar

7 p.m. - Humboldt vs. Dyer Co.

The girls schedule is up on the same topic over on the girls thread.

Thank you. I appreciate that. I'll be coming in from out of state at some point. One more question: Is it one admission for all day or are they emptying the gym this year and having two sessions? Thanks in advance. Dyer Co. and Humboldt Boys looks like an entertaining game....My main interest is in Milan boys. I wish the Gibson Co. girls had some competition...Really, no fun watching them at this level although I would like to see them at least once this year.