Open zone schools: A level playing field?

Govolsknox

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Names aren't needed or wanted-at all-but for those familiar with the team, how many starters counting kicker and punter were players from outside Alcoa, whatever area would be their "zone"?

Last year it was 37%. It could be more or less in 2010. A couple of kids that were OOZ players last year are rumored to be moving back to their previous school. Alcoa has a high percentage of younger (7th and 8th graders) that are OOZ players that are attending school for athletic and academic purposes. Until the county schools upgrade football and academics Alcoa is going to remain an attractive alternative to the county schools in addition to some Knox and Loudon County kids.

I think 'lil maryville reb is jealous of Alcoa sucess!................that or his "needle is hung" on 37%,37%,37%

peabrainmlreb.jpg

:roflol: crazy ain't it!

• 2 weeks later...

Put open zone schools in DII. Don't let Privates play in DI with mulitipliers. Do away with 6 divisions in DI and go back to 1A, 2A, and 3A. Do away with A1 and A2 in DII! Alcoa and Maryville could play DII classification with Webb, Catholic, CAK, every year! :roflol:!

I agree with all this.Private schools like goodpasture got it made.they get put in a cupcake disrict for them amd then when play off time comes they get lowered a classification. give me a break.this is not to mention getting the best of the best in the nashville metropolitan area and then a public school trys to compete with them.come on.

I agree with all this.Private schools like goodpasture got it made.they get put in a cupcake disrict for them amd then when play off time comes they get lowered a classification. give me a break.this is not to mention getting the best of the best in the nashville metropolitan area and then a public school trys to compete with them.come on.

By my count, approximately 40 "disadvantaged" public schools have managed to hang somewhere between six to seven dozen losses on Goodpasture over the course of history. What is their secret?

With a few exceptions here and there, the programs that complain the most about the Goodpastures of the world are the ones that aren't winning much anyway, even against fellow public schools. Programs like Alcoa and Milan (just 2 of roughly 18 public programs which have a .500+ winning percentage against Goodpasture) are the programs they are because, among other things, they don't get hung up on issues like this, don't make excuses, and just win, baby.

Edited by rollredroll

Is this horse dead yet? APB , BC can you guys please quit beatn up on all those other schools with your 650 kids and your little ol school. :lol:

That's 550, and no.....

Biggest discussion heard at the passing camp @ Maryville College???

When is Alcoa QB coach Paul Talley gong to get a raise for supplying all these starting QB's to other schools???

All four (Robinette, Goodson, Hartley and Witt) have taken snaps in Springbrook.

If we could just figure out how to get an extra year for Tallent. :unsure: