Baylor v.s. McCallie, This year should be good

bigblu1

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really!? This huge match is this Friday and this is all the talk there is!! This may be the closet one in years and still no talk!? You guys are pathetic this year!!!! Let's hear it!!

Friday, January 29th - 6:00pm at McCallie - McCallie has plenty of seating so come out for the best dual match of the season!!

Really!? This huge match is this Friday and this is all the talk there is!! This may be the closet one in years and still no talk!? You guys are pathetic this year!!!! Let's hear it!!

Friday, January 29th - 6:00pm at McCallie - McCallie has plenty of seating so come out for the best dual match of the season!!

No kidding! I think the Baylor crowd is too nervous with some injured wrestlers out and the McCallie crowd doesnt want to eat their own words in case they dont win. Nobodys brave enough to lay it all on the line. Whats your pick wrestle 90? I have no idea but I may go watch just to see all the hot ladies in the building!

My line-ups are based on the rosters from the SE Prep Slam and most recent dual meets. Just one person's opinion here:

103: Elsea dec. Standifer (McCallie 3-0)

112: Ward pin Eady (McCallie 9-0)

119: Watson pin Westbrooks (McCallie 9-6)

125: Manley pin Helton (Baylor 12-9)

130: Jennings dec. Reece (Tied at 12)

135: Hayes pin Martin (Baylor 18-12)

140: Doster dec. Hooker (Baylor 21-12) I wouldn't be surprised to see it go either way, but I'm going with Doster because he has the better head-to-head record and I'm a little partial to the red team.

145: Cate maj. dec. Cobb (Baylor 25-12)

152: Duncan pin Craig (Baylor 25-18)

160: Martino dec. Shuford (Baylor 25-21)

171: Condrey maj. dec. Bodine (Tied at 25)

189: Ferguson pin Prevost (Baylor 31-25)

215: Helton pin Satterfield (Baylor 37-25)

285: Mackey pin Kinch (Baylor 43-25)

I have Baylor winning in a pretty high scoring match with a final score of 43 to 25.

McCallie 30 Baylor 39

103: Elsea pin Standifer

112: Ward pin Eady

119: Watson pin Westbrooks

125: Manley pin Helton

130: Reece dec Silberman

135: Hayes dec Hooker

140: Doster dec. Cobb

145: Clements dec. Cate

152: Duncan pin Craig

160: Martino pin Bodine

171: Condrey dec.Bullard

189: Ferguson pin Prevost

215: Helton pin Satterfield

285: Mackey pin Kinch

Elsea d Standefer M 3-0

Ward p. Eady M 9-0

Watson m.d. Westbrooks M 9-4

Manley m.d. Helton M 9-8

Silberman d. Reece M 12-8

Hayes p. B 14-12

Hooker d. Doster M 15-14 (they seem to be swapping wins)

Cate d. Clements B 17-15

Duncan p. Craig M 21-17

Martino p. Bodine M 27-17

Condrey d. Bullard M 30-17

Ferguson p. Prevost M 30-23

Helton m.d. Satterfield M 30-27

Mackey p. Kinch B 33-27

Lots of keys in this match. Can the Baylor little'uns avoid giving up bonus points? Can the McCallie big'uns avoid giving up penalty points? Doster-Hooker and Cate-Clements are key; will there be some juggling, particularly on the blue side?

Chattcity - you appear to have some inside knowledge of McCallie's lineup shown in your predictions? I haven't seen Silberman in a box score this season, or last, or 2 years ago. Hope he is back, but wouldn't it be more reasonable for him to return as an underdog than a favorite? Also, hasn't Watson pinned Westbrook every time they have wrestled in high school and again only 3 days ago? Why only a major now? Is it realistic to expect a new addition to the lineup in Helton to only lose by a major to Manley? Why is Hooker now going to decision Dostor since Dostor has won the last 2 meetings? I'm hearing that Hooker has tired of Dostor and is going to give Hayes a go anyway.

How about these predictions?

Elsea p. Standefer M 6-0

Ward p. Eady M 12-0

Watson p. Westbrooks M 12-6

Manley p. Helton M 12-12

Reece d. Silberman B 15-12

Hayes d. Hooker B 18-12

Doster p. ?????? B 24-12

Cate d. Clements B 27-12

Duncan p. Craig B 27-18

Martino p. Bodine B 27-24

Bullard d. Condrey B 30-24

Ferguson p. Prevost B 36-24

Helton p. Satterfield B 42-24

Mackey p. Kinch B 48-24

hmmmm....let me see....McCallie has their pants pulled down and their fannies spanked again this year? :thumb:

Where is the venerable Bear Cat Brown on this one? Come here Kitty and give us your prediction. With all due respect to likes of mtnrasslin, Raider76, Wrestle90, bigblu1 and ChattCity, those of us over here across the mountains have come to anticipate and rely on BCB's shrewd analysis of this annual match-up and trust him a bit more than those of you with built-in bias to one team or the other, particularly now that BCB is no longer in TBSFBAG public relations department. We would like to see his breakdown. Absent that, I am going to have to go with Texas23 on this one------I look for TBSFBAG to administer a good spanking to the EBE----- the only question I have is whether the shoes will come off before the pants get pulled down.