Sullivan South Rebels 2010

compusatman

Bout time you spoke up core...where you been? Way to come back with the Rebel spirit. :thumb:

JUst been sittin and readin, crawdad. This team has it's share of challenges this year (totally different challenges from last year's team, thank goodness), and I gonna take up for them. They need all us behind them, no room for sissies or complainers or analyst that don't have the straight poop. Kind of nice to see some new names on the board, hope you all come out to watch. Opinions are better formed 1st hand.

Anyone care to break down the scrimmage with betsy for those that could not attend?

Well '83, I ruffled some feathers with my last scrimmage summary. It was said that it was not the straight poop. Well I was there today. The most importaant thing to understand is that from '05 onward we never looked good in preseason scrimmages. With the exceptions of '08, and '09. In fact, there was much debate on why we would scrimmage the 2A teams we scrimmaged. Cap used to chastize me for pumping up our image scrimmageing weaker schools. Fact is we looked terrible even against these lower classification schools. But we always seemed to come alive by Jamboree. The lights, the fans, the drama of it all really brought them up to speed and always catapulted us into the first game. Well, today was no different. I won't give you particulars because others will scoff, but suffice to say that we have a ways to go...in all facets. However, history proves that this is not an issue. We will see. But out of all the shortcomings I saw the most glaringly evident problem is that we need a leader. And in conversation that was the most agreed upon issue.

Anyone care to break down the scrimmage with betsy for those that could not attend?

Betsy contolled the early part of the scrimmage on both sides of the ball,they had two long scoring drives , South had chance for int going the other way for six on second drive but db could not haul it in . seemed like as scrimmage wore on South settled down on defense and tackled much better , got good pressure from the d-line at times . Betsy shut South running game down for most part ,South o-line was having a hard time with Betsy lb #44 and de #55 it seemed like they were in on every stop . Qb Hayden led South on drive to end 1st part of scrimmage capped off with a nice option fake to Cassell and scored on keeper,faked out the whole Betsy defense . both teams went with second team for a good while ,I think Betsy 2nd team scored once , but then they both came back with 1st team and it seemed like South took control from there , Weaver had int return for td and Hayden had a nice td throw to #42 . I think South ended up scoring 4 times and Betsy 3 . Witten has done a nice job with Betsy , the team was fired up the whole scrimmage . imo they will be a tough match in their conference . South has a talented but young team ,should be fun season to follow them .

Heres an opinion from a DB Indian. Betsy came out fired up. South needs to get a leader or chatter it up on the sidelines and yell for their team. Not much enthusiasm. The line for South needs to improve. Cassell had no help running the ball. Hayden had trouble viewing the whole field. Several times he had open receivers but couldnt see them because he was running for his life. South DB'S dropped two potential interceptions for long return TD'S. As the scrimmage went on, South got into it. The one thing that stood out to me that will help South is that they need to keep with Carter's old offense. Use two backs, send one in motion and confuse the defense. Don't be affraid to use the old coaches style, because it's proven to work. And if Hayden realizes that he can run and be successful, South is going to win some games. It's still early and every team has a lot to improve on.Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Coach Haynies blocking scheme is so simple that it is complicated. It is dependent upon a linemans intellect not his brawn. It also requires a close relationship between the RB and the OL. These blocking schemes are not old school power blocking schemes. They require a bit of break-in time to get it right. And the understanding of these schemes is crucial to this Offense moving forward. But all of the fault is not squarely on the OL. I see hesitation from the (RB) in hitting the hole. And the definition of the word hole is key. This offense requires the RB use instinct. With these blocking schemes sometimes the hole is not the hole at all but somewhere else. These blocking schemes are not designed to be the parting of the Red Sea, but instead a mere shield held for a brief moment while the RB takes advantage. These blocking schemes won't allow a RB to hesitate, search, or any other form of deliberation of where he should go. It is designed as a quick hit and gone type of runner. A successful RB in this offense reads the D set as he comes to the line and makes his mental adjustment as to where he should go regardless of the play called. This gives, no requires the RB to use this freedom as a built in parameter. It is actually a RB's dream come true. He gets to go where he pleases...provided he has the mental ability to make the decision to go to the correct direction. In a wing T type offense the RB does not have this freedom. The blocking scheme is set in stone and he must hit the hole as numbered and deal with what he finds. Not so in the spread read option. Some RB's never understand this (freedom) responsibility. The ones that do understand it are given the keys to the kingdom. The smallest lineman from the past two years successful campaigns is the classic example of what this offense does. Ryan Fuller was not a Hunter Beedle but was in effect probably the best overall lineman we had. No he could not issue the power domination that #72 could but for his 5'9" 190lb. frame he moved mountains and held back Hoover Dams all through Haynies teachings. If anyone ever got it...it was he. And if anyone can help these linemen understand the mentality of these blocking schemes it is he. Because of his small size and limited strength against normally much larger competition he knew Haynies schemes were designed for linemen just like himself. And he was a master at his craft. The RB's swore by his ability to open a hole. And not by brute strength because he did not have such. But by technique. Parents of these linemen would do well to pick his brain before he leaves for college. I am a firm believer in Haynies ability to teach a superior line template. But it requires a RB that can take advantage of it's inherent priviliges. These things take time. It will come together. Our leader will step forward I feel sure.

I think Coach Haynies blocking scheme is so simple that it is complicated. It is dependent upon a linemans intellect not his brawn. It also requires a close relationship between the RB and the OL. These blocking schemes are not old school power blocking schemes. They require a bit of break-in time to get it right. And the understanding of these schemes is crucial to this Offense moving forward. But all of the fault is not squarely on the OL. I see hesitation from the (RB) in hitting the hole. And the definition of the word hole is key. This offense requires the RB use instinct. With these blocking schemes sometimes the hole is not the hole at all but somewhere else. These blocking schemes are not designed to be the parting of the Red Sea, but instead a mere shield held for a brief moment while the RB takes advantage. These blocking schemes won't allow a RB to hesitate, search, or any other form of deliberation of where he should go. It is designed as a quick hit and gone type of runner. A successful RB in this offense reads the D set as he comes to the line and makes his mental adjustment as to where he should go regardless of the play called. This gives, no requires the RB to use this freedom as a built in parameter. It is actually a RB's dream come true. He gets to go where he pleases...provided he has the mental ability to make the decision to go to the correct direction. In a wing T type offense the RB does not have this freedom. The blocking scheme is set in stone and he must hit the hole as numbered and deal with what he finds. Not so in the spread read option. Some RB's never understand this (freedom) responsibility. The ones that do understand it are given the keys to the kingdom. The smallest lineman from the past two years successful campaigns is the classic example of what this offense does. Ryan Fuller was not a Hunter Beedle but was in effect probably the best overall lineman we had. No he could not issue the power domination that #72 could but for his 5'9" 190lb. frame he moved mountains and held back Hoover Dams all through Haynies teachings. If anyone ever got it...it was he. And if anyone can help these linemen understand the mentality of these blocking schemes it is he. Because of his small size and limited strength against normally much larger competition he knew Haynies schemes were designed for linemen just like himself. And he was a master at his craft. The RB's swore by his ability to open a hole. And not by brute strength because he did not have such. But by technique. Parents of these linemen would do well to pick his brain before he leaves for college. I am a firm believer in Haynies ability to teach a superior line template. But it requires a RB that can take advantage of it's inherent priviliges. These things take time. It will come together. Our leader will step forward I feel sure.

wow. How many times did you say the word RB in that "Book" you just wrote? You either have a man crush on Haynie or your calling out (RB) one of your Rebels. Care to explain? No forget it!!! If i wanted to read another one of your books i would just go buy one. Would it be too much to ask for you to keep your posts to under fifty sentences? I think all would be appreciative. Thanks and Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!