Sullivan South Rebels 2010

compusatman

08/20/10...bristol...no school for kingsport...im thinking that the West v. South game is going to be jam packed...any comments on the game or on the predicted turn out for it????

I'd say they will have one of the games to see. Is DB at home that night or am I misreading your post? Seymour travels to Boone and it will be loaded with Boone fans, but I doubt Gray will be packed that night. I would say the South and West game should be a huge test for South and pretty emotional for fans and players.

I'd say they will have one of the games to see. Is DB at home that night or am I misreading your post? Seymour travels to Boone and it will be loaded with Boone fans, but I doubt Gray will be packed that night. I would say the South and West game should be a huge test for South and pretty emotional for fans and players.

DB plays Farragut on Thursday; South and Knox West play Friday.

crawdad give me a rundown on Shorty and tha boys...... :thumb:

By all accounts they are looking good Stars. There is some uneasiness in the South camp over the coaching change but I believe we will be fine. We have a new secondary coach who is young and energetic and getting favorable mention from the kids. Our offense should be similar to last year with some new wrinkles. We have an experienced and gifted QB who can run and throw well and 2 strong and fast backs. Receivers have potential but remains to be seen if the catches are made. I think we will be very good at TE.

Defense should be a typical stout unit that emphasizes flying to the ball. Our new coach has experience returning with the DB's but it is young and somewhat unproven. Their performance should be the biggest single factor in how our season will go. I think we will be strong against the run.

Special teams should be much improved with last years kicker also handling the punting duties. Shorty would appear to have the LS job in the pocket. He is working hard and currently would be providing depth in the offensive and defensive lines as well. My understanding,as you probably know,is that he is very young for his class,just about to turn 17 as a Sr. The youngun has grown so fast, he has hardly had time to fill out at 6'5", 235? I wish we were going to have him another year,but he'll probably be off studying rocket science or brain surgery this time next year. The kid is just like you ...genious.

Hope you can make it up for the game. DB/Farrugut would be a must see for you and Momma if you come that weekend .They play Thurs. Us on Friday. The Mrs and me been saving our change in the bathtub in our guest room as we never have company. We decided that would be the MOMMASTARS food scholarship fund for the West vs. South weekend. We have just about got it up to the brim, so I reckon its safe for you all to come on up knowing we won't let her shrivel up.

By all accounts they are looking good Stars. There is some uneasiness in the South camp over the coaching change but I believe we will be fine. We have a new secondary coach who is young and energetic and getting favorable mention from the kids. Our offense should be similar to last year with some new wrinkles. We have an experienced and gifted QB who can run and throw well and 2 strong and fast backs. Receivers have potential but remains to be seen if the catches are made. I think we will be very good at TE.

Defense should be a typical stout unit that emphasizes flying to the ball. Our new coach has experience returning with the DB's but it is young and somewhat unproven. Their performance should be the biggest single factor in how our season will go. I think we will be strong against the run.

Special teams should be much improved with last years kicker also handling the punting duties. Shorty would appear to have the LS job in the pocket. He is working hard and currently would be providing depth in the offensive and defensive lines as well. My understanding,as you probably know,is that he is very young for his class,just about to turn 17 as a Sr. The youngun has grown so fast, he has hardly had time to fill out at 6'5", 235? I wish we were going to have him another year,but he'll probably be off studying rocket science or brain surgery this time next year. The kid is just like you ...genious.

Hope you can make it up for the game. DB/Farrugut would be a must see for you and Momma if you come that weekend .They play Thurs. Us on Friday. The Mrs and me been saving our change in the bathtub in our guest room as we never have company. We decided that would be the MOMMASTARS food scholarship fund for the West vs. South weekend. We have just about got it up to the brim, so I reckon its safe for you all to come on up knowing we won't let her shrivel up.

Thanks crawdad..we's gonna try two git up thar fer tha furst 'un....Seems like evur time we hits tha rode....We haz whut lots of hi skools has.....A Food Drive....... :hungry:

Edited by STARSNBARS

I guess the monitors are counting sheep,I read the other post that I guess you deleted.There a lot of good people at South as there are at DB.You will bring the hate our way if you are a DB fan,and we allready get our share of it.I will be at South on our friday after the thursday Farragut game,pulling for them in a special game that we don't need to taint.

Thanks Batman. I'm sure Jack will be there as well. And we will definately support you on Thursday. Keep everyone healthy this week.

First i didnt say nothing about the game but that WEST was going to beat you'll down. Some of what i read and what was told to me about WEST friday vs Tenn High.I wrote a blog and didint think it sounded right thats why i deleted it.People get on here talking CRAP and ive got a student a girl that goes to D-B so i have just as much right to say what i want.I havnt done like some and called out these kid's name online.I might be coming in as an outsider but i love high school sports as much as anybody on here.just wanted to say what i wrote aint no worse than anybody elses stuff.