Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Kingsport D-B : 11-2/7-0 ( 2-1 6A playoffs)

Gray : 11-2/6-1 ( 2-1 5A playoffs)

Johnson City : 5-6/5-2 (0-1 6A playoffs)

Kingsport South: 6-5/4-3 (0-1 5A playoffs)

Bristol: 5-6/3-4 (0-1 5A playoffs)

Blountville: 4-6/2-5

Church Hill : 3-7/1-6

Jonesborough 1-9/0-7

Obviously plenty of time to change my mind. :popcorneater:

Back by popular demand: seems like people are ready to talk now.

Jonesborough 1-9/0-7

Well you know where talk got us last year....but I think a lot of that looks pretty good. I am trying to imagine where Boone would be IF this happened. First round game against...who knows, that is the thing. We are a lot more active on here than the region 2 teams but there are some other teams they might stick us all together with.

I still base a lot of my predictions off of teams down the road how it used to be, so West would be the team to see in the 3rd round but I believe that Catholic has a couple of DI studs on defense as well as a QB coming back who almost took it to South last year.

11-2 may not be where some of the Boone fans want to be...but would still make them the best Boone team ever with wins.

Jonesborough 1-9/0-7

Well you know where talk got us last year....but I think a lot of that looks pretty good. I am trying to imagine where Boone would be IF this happened. First round game against...who knows, that is the thing. We are a lot more active on here than the region 2 teams but there are some other teams they might stick us all together with.

I still base a lot of my predictions off of teams down the road how it used to be, so West would be the team to see in the 3rd round but I believe that Catholic has a couple of DI studs on defense as well as a QB coming back who almost took it to South last year.

11-2 may not be where some of the Boone fans want to be...but would still make them the best Boone team ever with wins.

I expect Powell to be good this year FB. they played a lot of underclassmen last year against us with young skill people. Mobely is a good RB. Clinton, Anderson County, Catholic and West should all be strong opponents for any of our teams come play-offs. South will get a look at Powell with a scrimmage down there this summer.

"South loses the 1st three. Bank it. The Good Ole Boy Crew is in way over their heads."

Just curious what you base this on batmast....something you have observed or heard? Gut feeling?

West will have a great year. South's only advantage is home field. Not enough. Greenville is loaded and want more this year. Wiped out Morr. West in spring game. South's normally loyal following will be hollering after this one. Boone knows how to win now. It is all about speed and hitting. South has it but either dont use it or don't know how to use it. If their QB goes down forget it. Done.

Sensabaugh will LIGHT IT UP. Record day for him and his team.

Now don't come whinin and moanin. Just the facts.

No whining here...truly wanted you to back up your statement and give me some info because I don't have an inside person to the program. I get what info I can thru the people that I have become accustomed to giving accurate information. What you stated is really the obvious. Everyone knows that South lost a lot of talent. K-West will be better, Greeneville will be loaded, Sensabaugh is an outstanding back..always has been and D-B is always good. Boone is going to have a heck of a year. My point? You stated that South will lose the first 3 games and the good ole boy network is in over their heads. Is that because of the people we have lost? What we have returning is not a good product? Coaching staff doesn't know what they are doing? I have heard different views ranging from very good to awful with South predictions this year. Ultimately we will see come August. As an ardent South supporter we heard that when Curt left South would be pitiful...then came the Davenport, Fletcher etc. show....then we heard after they left South would be pitiful...then came the St. Clair/Hayden/Taylor show etc., so I have learned to take most things with a grain of salt concerning Souths fall into the abyss. Not trying to pick a fight here....just thought you had seen something through observing practices etc. that made you think the way you did. An interesting side if someone can comment is that we all know Coach Carter had a well conditioned team at South...have the practices seemed as intense this year vs. last???

"South loses the 1st three. Bank it. The Good Ole Boy Crew is in way over their heads."

Just curious what you base this on batmast....something you have observed or heard? Gut feeling?

West will have a great year. South's only advantage is home field. Not enough. Greenville is loaded and want more this year. Wiped out Morr. West in spring game. South's normally loyal following will be hollering after this one. Boone knows how to win now. It is all about speed and hitting. South has it but either dont use it or don't know how to use it. If their QB goes down forget it. Done.

Sensabaugh will LIGHT IT UP. Record day for him and his team.

Now don't come whinin and moanin. Just the facts.

Could be. They may have a season similar to Dobyns-Bennett's last one. Coach Carter certainly left us a challenging schedule. I wouldn't count the Rebels out of any of these however.

I would imagine any team who has their QB go down might as well forget it unless they are platooning QBs to start with.

Why do you refer to South's coaching staff as the "good ole boys" ? Are you referring to the same staff that has been there for the last 6 years?

South loses the 1st three. Bank it. The Good Ole Boy Crew is in way over their heads.

DB could win them all if 2 or 3 key people stay healthy.

Boone's on a roll. Tenn. High is a question mark. Carter moved when the talent arrived.

Ya better watch out there pilgrim. Hmmmmm, hope not but could be but maybe probably not.

No whining here...truly wanted you to back up your statement and give me some info because I don't have an inside person to the program. I get what info I can thru the people that I have become accustomed to giving accurate information. What you stated is really the obvious. Everyone knows that South lost a lot of talent. K-West will be better, Greeneville will be loaded, Sensabaugh is an outstanding back..always has been and D-B is always good. Boone is going to have a heck of a year. My point? You stated that South will lose the first 3 games and the good ole boy network is in over their heads. Is that because of the people we have lost? What we have returning is not a good product? Coaching staff doesn't know what they are doing? I have heard different views ranging from very good to awful with South predictions this year. Ultimately we will see come August. As an ardent South supporter we heard that when Curt left South would be pitiful...then came the Davenport, Fletcher etc. show....then we heard after they left South would be pitiful...then came the St. Clair/Hayden/Taylor show etc., so I have learned to take most things with a grain of salt concerning Souths fall into the abyss. Not trying to pick a fight here....just thought you had seen something through observing practices etc. that made you think the way you did. An interesting side if someone can comment is that we all know Coach Carter had a well conditioned team at South...have the practices seemed as intense this year vs. last???

I keep hearing about observing practices. How the heck do you do that at South?

QB.....Curt had Davenport....Davenport had St. Clair.....St. Clair had Hayden......Hayden has_______________________?

I found out that Brendan Downs (TE for Tennessee High) verbally committed to Duke back in March. According to unapproved website he also has offers from Baylor, Maryland, Memphis, and Mississippi State. Mack Crowder (center) also has offers from Duke, Georgia Tech, Marshall, Maryland, MTSU, UCF, Vanderbilt, and Virginia Tech.

Here is a highlight video of Brendan Downs. The second play against Seymour was awesome.

Here is a highlight video of Mack Crowder.

I noticed there's a few clips of Sensabaugh on Youtube. How about other players from the Big 8, preferably of individuals who will be playing in the fall?

I found out that Brendan Downs (TE for Tennessee High) verbally committed to Duke back in March. According to unapproved website he also has offers from Baylor, Maryland, Memphis, and Mississippi State. Mack Crowder (center) also has offers from Duke, Georgia Tech, Marshall, Maryland, MTSU, UCF, Vanderbilt, and Virginia Tech.

Here is a highlight video of Brendan Downs. The second play against Seymour was awesome.

I noticed there's a few clips of Sensabaugh on Youtube. How about other players from the Big 8, preferably of individuals who will be playing in the fall?

That's a good highlight video,that kids size will really help him.I know a lot of DB boys have video's on youtube for fun,but not football or any recruiting type value.I was watching the DB vs. Oak Ridge replay on youtube last night from 2008.Somebody from the stands recorded and posted it.I know that me and most everyone ealse was just high fiving during the game.I wish the schools would release a lot of the games to just watch and enjoy.

That's a good highlight video,that kids size will really help him.I know a lot of DB boys have video's on youtube for fun,but not football or any recruiting type value.I was watching the DB vs. Oak Ridge replay on youtube last night from 2008.Somebody from the stands recorded and posted it.I know that me and most everyone ealse was just high fiving during the game.I wish the schools would release a lot of the games to just watch and enjoy.

I like how Farragut posts their games on their official website.

I like how Farragut posts their games on their official website.

Farragut is allmost like a college atmosphere down there with the kids having a toga party outside before the game starts. Their website is second to none