Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Went to check out the new 'Topper stadium. Uh, it don't exist. They better get a move on if they want to play ball in it this season. The home side has the sun to it's back. But it looks like not too much room for a home side. But then I'm no engineer. Meanwhile the visitor side is spacious. I hope they don't put alluminum bleachers 'cause they have room to build a nice visitor side. Maybe the Islanders can chime in and give a play by play.

Went to check out the new 'Topper stadium. Uh, it don't exist. They better get a move on if they want to play ball in it this season. The home side has the sun to it's back. But it looks like not too much room for a home side. But then I'm no engineer. Meanwhile the visitor side is spacious. I hope they don't put alluminum bleachers 'cause they have room to build a nice visitor side. Maybe the Islanders can chime in and give a play by play.

I'd call it confident to destroy an old stadium before the new one was built any how.I had not thought about seating at our stadium in a while either,I wonder if they are working on J Fred yet.Two years ago was not very safe looking when the TH fans came to J Fred and all the people were standing around the little fence.The rescue squad looked to have a hard time getting to the sick people that night as well.I can't imagine the crowd if South and DB are undefeated before this years game and the seats are not in place.It was huge the last time South played there and people were all over the baseball field.The estimate was something like 12 or 13 thousand if I remember correctly.

I'd call it confident to destroy an old stadium before the new one was built any how.I had not thought about seating at our stadium in a while either,I wonder if they are working on J Fred yet.Two years ago was not very safe looking when the TH fans came to J Fred and all the people were standing around the little fence.The rescue squad looked to have a hard time getting to the sick people that night as well.I can't imagine the crowd if South and DB are undefeated before this years game and the seats are not in place.It was huge the last time South played there and people were all over the baseball field.The estimate was something like 12 or 13 thousand if I remember correctly.

Batman, put the money they put into the field house into the stadium and then everyone sees what kind of stadium DB would have. It would have been untouchable. Oh well, that's what you get when you put the cart before the horse.

Batman, put the money they put into the field house into the stadium and then everyone sees what kind of stadium DB would have. It would have been untouchable. Oh well, that's what you get when you put the cart before the horse.

Nice jab Comp,but I think we really know D-B has always put several horses in front of the cart. Spend on your athletes and give them every advantage to be successful. Who cares about visitors seating at the home games. It may look nice to have ample seating,but doesn't do much for home field advantage. Hey, the Rebels are digging deep just to add a few feet onto our current fieldhouse for additional weight equipment. I'd say we are the ones who have had the cart before the horse.

BTW,does your RB academy have any students enrolled this summer? It's just about time for the Phillips school of airial assualt to commence sessions.

Yeah Comp, I agree. I jog around the Freedom Hall track two or three times a week, so I am watching it pretty close and seems to me things are moving pretty slow. I'm no engineer either, but I'm "thinking" maybe once the foundations are all laid maybe things will speed up. From my understanding, it should be up and ready to go by Sept. 3rd.

I have heard Coach Carter has had to crack the discipline whip on some kids that thought they could slack off some because of finals week. Running that Pepsi hill is brutal. ha ha I also heard that those wolverine helmets are no more. Already painted over and a new SH decal will go on the sides. New home and away jerseys too. Not sure why new home jerseys were purchased, because new home jerseys were bought last year. Feedback I'm getting is the kids are excited.

Will the excitement and confidence be translated to the field? Time will tell. I hope so. That's all I've got to pass on.

Yeah Comp, I agree. I jog around the Freedom Hall track two or three times a week, so I am watching it pretty close and seems to me things are moving pretty slow. I'm no engineer either, but I'm "thinking" maybe once the foundations are all laid maybe things will speed up. From my understanding, it should be up and ready to go by Sept. 3rd.

I have heard Coach Carter has had to crack the discipline whip on some kids that thought they could slack off some because of finals week. Running that Pepsi hill is brutal. ha ha I also heard that those wolverine helmets are no more. Already painted over and a new SH decal will go on the sides. New home and away jerseys too. Not sure why new home jerseys were purchased, because new home jerseys were bought last year. Feedback I'm getting is the kids are excited.

Will the excitement and confidence be translated to the field? Time will tell. I hope so. That's all I've got to pass on.

I am not surprised Coach Carter would "strip it bare bones". He will want to rebuild his own brand and everything will be his way, sink or swim.

quote="compusatman"]Went to check out the new 'Topper stadium. Uh, it don't exist. They better get a move on if they want to play ball in it this season. The home side has the sun to it's back. But it looks like not too much room for a home side. But then I'm no engineer. Meanwhile the visitor side is spacious. I hope they don't put alluminum bleachers 'cause they have room to build a nice visitor side. Maybe the Islanders can chime in and give a play by play.

Nice jab Comp,but I think we really know D-B has always put several horses in front of the cart. Spend on your athletes and give them every advantage to be successful. Who cares about visitors seating at the home games. It may look nice to have ample seating,but doesn't do much for home field advantage. Hey, the Rebels are digging deep just to add a few feet onto our current fieldhouse for additional weight equipment. I'd say we are the ones who have had the cart before the horse.

BTW,does your RB academy have any students enrolled this summer? It's just about time for the Phillips school of airial assualt to commence sessions.

CD, it may have been a jab but not intended for Batman. He's not the one who made the decision to build the fieldhouse before dealing wth the stadium. And the common explanation for not expanding the stadium and building a nice visitor's accomodations is that Fun Fest would not have a place to hold concerts. That is lame because instead of playing sideline to sideline they could simply play field goal to field goal. If they took the wasted money they spent on Hunter Wright stadium and combined that with the funds used to build the fieldhouse then that would have solved the problem. Now as it stands the fieldhouse is in the way of expansion. They need to go towards Eastman Rd. to extend the stadium. That would have relieved the tension on the baseball field and allowed them to build a condrete visitors bleachers. Then they would have extended the endzones instead of the dangerously tiny endzone they currently have. Then they could have built a nice fieldhouse which could have doubled as a track facility. Not to mention, having more room to accomodate the Mets. And last but not least, the monument should have gone in the park across the street. This would have been a win for everyone...FunFest, the Mets, DB's Football oponents having a decent place to view the game, the Monument in a park where people can actually find a parking place to stop and view it, no worry of someone being injured in the shallow endzone. Everyone knows Hunter Wright Stadium is a joke. So now they are left with one option...destroy the baseball stadium and put baseball somewhere else. What an afterthought decision. Yeah, I would call that putting the cart before the horse. All this stupidity and now JC will trump Kingsport once again with it's new stadium. The money may be in Kingsport but the common sense is somewhere else. J. Fred Johnson Stadium was built as an Icon to Dobyn Bennet High School and it should have been upgraded with the same respect. Instead, it has become a folly.

The RB Academy has interest...but not from Sullivan South.

The RB Academy has interest...but not from Sullivan South.

YIKES!!! :wacko: Hub and Cassell better get on board. Don't sell any secrets to them city slickers. :wub:

All of us had our thoughts about everything on the stadium at J Fred and that parking lot upgrade since the field house was built.It is unbeiievable that there was no plan in place to add seats on the turf for football season.I can't except there isn't a way to place temporary support for stands during football season.The wasted money on that parking lot could have went a long way toward the stands instead of making a parking lot that is smaller and more congested.However,it probably was pretty for the visitors to walk across when they left there seats on that one little corner of the field last year.Mania is right about what matters the most,''winning''. I think Science Hill will be what it should have been for many years and we will all have our hands full with the Hill. Science Hill is allways going to give DB all it wants,we have had some good luck during this run.In 2002,DB was as good as anyone in the state and lost a very close semifinal game to Riverdale{14-9}.That very year,Science Hill was 5-5 and played DB to a 7-3 barn burner.