Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

U'all know that all the "people" that planed these upgrades will read these post and say your all just stupid. :D

yeah but always remember, a big huge majority of stupid people can always come together to make one big happy stupid change :D

Like J Fred, but there could be a few changes here and there to make everyone happy. Kingsport certainly has the money to do it, but won't do it for whatever reason and hey, when you have city property you are at the whim of the city.

It could be worse, you could spend 150k to spend 2 months fixing 2 rows of stands at Boone stadium....which nothing has been done...but hey the orange plastic fence on the top two rows shows that there is a lot of work going on there :lol:

U'all know that all the "people" that planed these upgrades will read these post and say your all just stupid. :D

If they are reading what we post on coacht and still wasted all that money building speed bumps and taking up parking spaces last year, then I'll go with what Forrest Gump's mom told him,{stupid is as stupid does}

Went to check out the new 'Topper stadium. Uh, it don't exist. They better get a move on if they want to play ball in it this season. The home side has the sun to it's back. But it looks like not too much room for a home side. But then I'm no engineer. Meanwhile the visitor side is spacious. I hope they don't put alluminum bleachers 'cause they have room to build a nice visitor side. Maybe the Islanders can chime in and give a play by play.

I'm calling sabotage...the stadium is being built by a Kingsport firm, after all :D I'm sure things will pick up once they get all the concrete work done, they've started on the fieldhouse and laying the foundation for the turf field. They still have the better part of 2 and half months. Click on the link to get a glimpse of the stadium design. http://www.jcschools.org/SHHS/card.pdf

Went to check out the new 'Topper stadium. Uh, it don't exist. They better get a move on if they want to play ball in it this season. The home side has the sun to it's back. But it looks like not too much room for a home side. But then I'm no engineer. Meanwhile the visitor side is spacious. I hope they don't put alluminum bleachers 'cause they have room to build a nice visitor side. Maybe the Islanders can chime in and give a play by play.

I'm calling sabotage...the stadium is being built by a Kingsport firm, after all :D I'm sure things will pick up once they get all the concrete work done, they've started on the fieldhouse and laying the foundation for the turf field. They still have the better part of 2 and half months. Click on the link to get a glimpse of the stadium design. http://www.jcschools.org/SHHS/card.pdf

Are the visitors bleachers new or a salvage job from what pre-existed at the track? And it must be a Kingsport firm because the visitors bleachers are small and not centered on the field. Looks like they will run from 25 yd. line to the 35 yd. line. What's up with that? Didn't want to move a light pole already in place? From looking at it while over there the other day, looks like you could have some problems with people watching the game from outside without paying admission. I bet that will make the AD happy.

I have to admit, if you get to put your name on the brick then that is pretty dang cool. I think all of us who went to a HS would love to donate and put our name on something that will last plus donating to the school and all that jazz. Very cool idea. I like the look of what they are doing, even though I really think they should have kept the old stadium. Still....new stadium, closer to the school, great way to get JC on board with the football program.

Comp,

Until JC (toppers) can trump KP (Indians) on the field, the ultimate victory still belongs to us :D .

Stadium or no stadium, thats what ultimatley matters.

Of course that is correct. And all the more reason to not be imbeciles when it comes to marketing Dobyns Bennett, Fun Fest, and the Mets. They blundered and we all know it. DB could be the winningest school in Tennessee for another 80 years and it all goes to prove that what you get for all your work is what you got. Pitiful.

All of us had our thoughts about everything on the stadium at J Fred and that parking lot upgrade since the field house was built.It is unbeiievable that there was no plan in place to add seats on the turf for football season.I can't except there isn't a way to place temporary support for stands during football season.The wasted money on that parking lot could have went a long way toward the stands instead of making a parking lot that is smaller and more congested.However,it probably was pretty for the visitors to walk across when they left there seats on that one little corner of the field last year.Mania is right about what matters the most,''winning''. I think Science Hill will be what it should have been for many years and we will all have our hands full with the Hill. Science Hill is allways going to give DB all it wants,we have had some good luck during this run.In 2002,DB was as good as anyone in the state and lost a very close semifinal game to Riverdale{14-9}.That very year,Science Hill was 5-5 and played DB to a 7-3 barn burner.

OMG...I forgot about the parking lot. How much did that cost Batman? And yes, it was much better the way it was.

BTW,does your RB academy have any students enrolled this summer? It's just about time for the Phillips school of airial assualt to commence sessions.

The RB Academy has interest...but not from Sullivan South.

YIKES!!! :D Hub and Cassell better get on board. Don't sell any secrets to them city slickers. :lol:

I'm presuming that most mature RB's and their Dads think they already know what they need to know and are confident in their own styles. As well, if the coach is not teaching these techniques then it is most likely viewed as not needed. The fact is that these techniques are not learned in one season. In fact, only a highly motivated player can acclimate to these moves from the Soph year on. But ideally are taught at the Optimist level. Hubbard and Castle have needs...but they won't be adressed. Mitchell Crowe is the only one I see who would have the open mind to master these drills. He already has speed...give him technique...he becomes the quintesential skill player.

Batman, are you and yours still involved in TKD?

I would have to be pushed into a corner to come out of retirement comp.Two of my kids have trained in other styles such as kung fu, and one is in law enforcement but none of us are in taekwondo any more.I allmost forgot,someone said the parking lot was 500 thousand,but I don't know if that's true.If it was 50 cents,we got a bad deal

I'm presuming that most mature RB's and their Dads think they already know what they need to know and are confident in their own styles. As well, if the coach is not teaching these techniques then it is most likely viewed as not needed. The fact is that these techniques are not learned in one season. In fact, only a highly motivated player can acclimate to these moves from the Soph year on. But ideally are taught at the Optimist level. Hubbard and Castle have needs...but they won't be adressed. Mitchell Crowe is the only one I see who would have the open mind to master these drills. He already has speed...give him technique...he becomes the quintesential skill player.

Surely you are not suggesting Crowe above the upperclassmen on the depth chart? I'm sure he can be a fine player, but really? Now that I think of it, nothing would surprise me with South right now. This is the kind of thinking that have many fine players considering concentrating on school instead of football.

Are the visitors bleachers new or a salvage job from what pre-existed at the track? And it must be a Kingsport firm because the visitors bleachers are small and not centered on the field. Looks like they will run from 25 yd. line to the 35 yd. line. What's up with that? Didn't want to move a light pole already in place? From looking at it while over there the other day, looks like you could have some problems with people watching the game from outside without paying admission. I bet that will make the AD happy.

The visitor's side bleachers are new. The old bleachers from the track are going to be put into one of the endzones for band seating.