Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Batman, I agree with Art and you that Steele is a playmaker. But, I recall in the past what has happened when Clark got a new transfer that was heavily hyped. I think back to Marchez Barnes and watched two other qualified DB skill players take a back seat while he carried the torch. All I'm saying is this new offense is definately not designed to quantify Steele's offensive prowess. Hence my conclusion.

I may be wrong,but I think Marchez even played nose guard for a while.I may be thinking of another player but he was about 5'7'' and 180 and a very quick running back but done what coach ask because of injuries that year.It's great to get players like Adams a couple of years ago or the transfer this year if it works out because we have lost a bunch that could have put us over the top two years ago and made a difference in three games last year.I will not disagree that the new offense is geared to take advantage of '' what we have'' as well as ''what we don't have''. Had we got another Adams and a Peyton type,then airforce we would have been.

• 2 weeks later...
Big congrats to the kids who are getting good looks at from DB and TN High. Makes the area look great when we have kids around here getting signed to big schools!

Ditto. Congratulations to Chris Sensabaugh at DB and at Tennessee High congrats to Brendon Downs and Mack Crowder. Big time offers.

Chris Sensabaugh being looked at by Clemson, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Tennessee

Brendon Downs has full scholarship offers to 6 D-1 schools: Tennessee, Duke, Maryland, Miss State, Memphis, and Baylor.

Mack Crowder has full scholarship offers to 14 D-1 schools: Tennessee, South Carolina, Kansas, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Boston College, Marshall, Maryland, Vanderbilt, Central Florida, Louisiana Tech, Marshall, NC State, Middle Tennessee

heck, and I thought TN High was going to have a down year. I am rethinking that right now. Vikings look to have some players.

Most of the starters they have returning are on the line. They also need to have Carlos Howard and Orlando Gammon on the field at the same time. Howard could be a valuable asset at receiver. Gammon reminds me a lot of Brandon Anderson. The defense we be full of several new faces. If Austin Snyder is the QB in the fall, I doubt he will return to his starting position on defense. That would leave Jordan Bryant as the lone returning starter on defense. Someone on here recently said that a LB quit and I just hope it wasn't Bryant. Only better things can come from a player who started at MLB his sophomore year. Stubbs has hinted in the media about placing Brendan Downs at DE. Brandon Rutherford will be back kicking them into the endzone.

I believe that this year Tennessee High will be in role similar to what Daniel Boone played in 2009. They'll possibly drop 2-4 games, but will be good enough to beat any team in the Big 8, especially if a team overlooks them.

heck, and I thought TN High was going to have a down year. I am rethinking that right now. Vikings look to have some players.

Most of the starters they have returning are on the line. They also need to have Carlos Howard and Orlando Gammon on the field at the same time. Howard could be a valuable asset at receiver. Gammon reminds me a lot of Brandon Anderson. The defense we be full of several new faces. If Austin Snyder is the QB in the fall, I doubt he will return to his starting position on defense. That would leave Jordan Bryant as the lone returning starter on defense. Someone on here recently said that a LB quit and I just hope it wasn't Bryant. Only better things can come from a player who started at MLB his sophomore year. Stubbs has hinted in the media about placing Brendan Downs at DE. Brandon Rutherford will be back kicking them into the endzone.

I believe that this year Tennessee High will be in role similar to what Daniel Boone played in 2009. They'll possibly drop 2-4 games, but will be good enough to beat any team in the Big 8, especially if a team overlooks them.

Well come on down to Gray in Week 9, I know you all are looking forward to a rematch after week 12 from the playoffs!

Nobody should ever overlook Tennessee High.With the move of Carter to Science Hill,A lot of eyes have shifted toward Johnson City,but Tennessee High will allways have our respect.I have several games that I really look forward to this year and Tennessee high is one of them,I look forward to seeing some of the boys that I know well,going up against your great line.South and SH are allso at the top,even knowing I'm probably not going to get to use my ticket for the SH game.

Nobody should ever overlook Tennessee High.With the move of Carter to Science Hill,A lot of eyes have shifted toward Johnson City,but Tennessee High will allways have our respect.I have several games that I really look forward to this year and Tennessee high is one of them,I look forward to seeing some of the boys that I know well,going up against your great line.South and SH are allso at the top,even knowing I'm probably not going to get to use my ticket for the SH game.

Well you know that Science Hill will be making "noise" that first week with the incredibly difficult Volunteer team playing them...and no offense to the Volunteer fans but you all have hit a downward trend the past few years with the athletes coming up. Science Hill should take that win with a grain of salt.

Don't forget Boone. :mrgreen: Gray,TN will be probably be the next best place to be during Week 9 if you can't go to the Science Hill/DB game.

Well you know that Science Hill will be making "noise" that first week with the incredibly difficult Volunteer team playing them...and no offense to the Volunteer fans but you all have hit a downward trend the past few years with the athletes coming up. Science Hill should take that win with a grain of salt.

I know they also play Soddy Daisy early, but I'm not sure how many players return for them. The Hilltoppers narrowly beat them last year.